Sky Wishlist...

TestingTimesTestingTimes Posts: 308
Forum Member
Our Sky+HD boxes are internet connected and I believe even HTML5 enabled, so with that in mind (minus planner sharing, which should be coming soon), what would be your top three additions/services that you'd love to have?

Here's mine:

* Allow me to play back content from my planner whilst I'm away/out and about - would work on a Sky Go registered device.
* Merge Sky+/Never Miss & allow HD box to sync with them
* Let all my devices sync up my favourite channels - each Sky Go device/HD box/stored Sky's end

Comments

• arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    • YouTube app intergration
    • Intelligent Search (coming soon anyway)
    • Option to remove SD channels/content (TV Guide + On Demand)
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening to you all

Interesting suggestions.

To the OP - You don't live within laser zapping distance of Sky HQ , & early one morning shout these suggestions out in your sleep ?

The newer boxes are certainly more powerful these days & opening them up to wifi allows far more options to be offered. Will the above come to fruition ? Well as I tell my wife when I'm all suited & booted with my new aftershave on , "patience is a virtue"

Regards as always

James
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The option to edit stacks.

Move programmes into stacks / into different stacks. Possibly create your own stacks.

This is because that sometimes programmes change titles and they get saved into different places.
    Better title handling would be a start but still it would be useful, say, to move all movies into a movies stack etc.
  • TestingTimesTestingTimes Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Good evening to you all

Interesting suggestions.

To the OP - You don't live within laser zapping distance of Sky HQ , & early one morning shout these suggestions out in your sleep ?

The newer boxes are certainly more powerful these days & opening them up to wifi allows far more options to be offered. Will the above come to fruition ? Well as I tell my wife when I'm all suited & booted with my new aftershave on , "patience is a virtue"

Regards as always

James

I suppose your right, time will only tell! Please Sky, come up with the goods for us :)
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The option to edit stacks.

Move programmes into stacks / into different stacks. Possibly create your own stacks.

This is because that sometimes programmes change titles and they get saved into different places.
    Better title handling would be a start but still it would be useful, say, to move all movies into a movies stack etc.

I like these, totally agree that sometimes things where 'New; is on the front or get changed because the broadcaster seems to feel like it, would fix these
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A decent search,is top of my list
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    A decent search,is top of my list
    As James said "patience is a virtue"!
    I want to see improved stack handling as a priority too BTW.
    :)
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like all the current ones people have mentioned, I would also add that 4:3 SD programs/channels to be pillerboxed and any letterboxed programs channels automatically cropped to 16:9, when using a 16:9 SD out or HDMI out.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    A personal planner option would be great realistically upto 4 people and no colour for a shared or family recording

so when a recording is made you assign a colour to this programme eg Red=Dad, Green=Mom, Yellow=Daughter, Blue=Son

You can then skip to personal tab in planner or shortcut if possible and view all "your" recordings.

With this combined with shared planners in mulitroom homes it should matter less to you on which box "your" programmes are recorded.

Also an efficient Search option

Better clash management with HD repeat or On demand alternative

Intelligent stacks eg Jurassic park and Jurassic Park III recorded on different channels or the 3 Back to the Future films, should still be stacked
    and programmes that are highlighted as 'New' for the 1st 3 or 4 episodes of their latest series/season.

A stronger requirement for series/season and episode info on programme info

More accurate % used info as everything under 1% is 1%

A better standardised view of the info section
    The rating U, PG, 12, 15, 18.
    Info, 3D, B/W HD, SD, DD, W, AD, S
    Year minutes (hrs) Director, actor

Full time and Date info (there is room for all these options)
    8.50am Su 18/08
    or 08.50 am Sun 18/08/13
    or 08.50am Sun 18 Aug 2013

Don't ask for much do I.
  • mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    I like all the current ones people have mentioned, I would also add that 4:3 SD programs/channels to be pillerboxed and any letterboxed programs channels automatically cropped to 16:9, when using a 16:9 SD out or HDMI out.

This. I don't mind if they leave it optional (in fact I'm sure they would to cut down on support calls about "black bars" on the side of the screen) but please give me the option to pillarbox 4:3 content. It can only be a relatively trivial amount of work to implement something like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    This. I don't mind if they leave it optional (in fact I'm sure they would to cut down on support calls about "black bars" on the side of the screen) but please give me the option to pillarbox 4:3 content. It can only be a relatively trivial amount of work to implement something like this.

in that case the options would have to be like this:

Scart/RF1 Picture Format: 4:3PS - 4:3LB - 16:9
    RF2 Picture Format: 4:3PS - 4:3LB - 16:9
    16:9 format: Original - Pillerboxed

With this the 16:9 option is always active and works on RF, Scart/phono and HDMI.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    mjr wrote: »
    Oh yes, I forgot that one!
    Been banging on about this for literally years here and more recently on the beta test forums.
    It's been wrong since day one of the HD service.
    Not holding my breath as I suspect it's considered by Sky to be a low priority as most people don't even notice if they've got stretched out pictures!
    :(
  • Neil_HarrisNeil_Harris Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free HD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Free HD

Would never happen, Sky will eventually do what Virgin do and just make one price that includes HD that everyone would have to pay! We will all get the HD channels then, but we will also be thinking about 4K or 8K!
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would never happen, Sky will eventually do what Virgin do and just make one price that includes HD that everyone would have to pay! We will all get the HD channels then, but we will also be thinking about 4K or 8K!

Thay already do this, it is called the Entertainment Extra Plus pack.

Then you pay extra for Sports or Movies in HD, same as VM do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thay already do this, it is called the Entertainment Extra Plus pack.

Then you pay extra for Sports or Movies in HD, same as VM do.

Well then soon I guess the packs below EE+ will eather go, or they will rejiggle them somehow, so that EE+ is the next level up from the bottom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Option for cloud based recording to then allow you to access your recordings "on the go" on a mobile device.

Too often, I miss the start of a sports broadcast (such as a football match) which means I cannot watch it live on Sky Go (because I want to watch it from the start) so I then have to wait until the tv is free before I can watch the recording.

I'd be happy if this was restricted to the same wifi network as your box but it would be great. Obviously, for most non-sport programmes, you can get it from On demand on SkyGo if it's a little while after the first broadcast.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to have multiroom without a landline is my one and only wish. I'd happily pay £11 whatever it is a month to have multiroom, but I can't justify having a landline line rental bill just so I can have Sky in another room when I have absolutely no other need for one.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ability to have multiroom without a landline is my one and only wish. I'd happily pay £11 whatever it is a month to have multiroom, but I can't justify having a landline line rental bill just so I can have Sky in another room when I have absolutely no other need for one.

your profile says you have Sky Talk though, which means you have a landline?
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    your profile says you have Sky Talk though, which means you have a landline?

That's out of date...didn't even realise it was still there. Haven't had Sky Talk for a couple of years. Got the phone line taken out because it was only being used for incoming cold calls. Literally hadn't made a phone call on it for about 12 months. Shall update now...good spot chenks!!
    Forum Member
    Do we know if any of these suggestions are on the cards already?
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know if any of these suggestions are on the cards already?

Improved search
    Planner sharing
    And multiroom without telephone line
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Improved search
    Planner sharing

As James said 'patience is a virtue' :)
    Forum Member
    As James said 'patience is a virtue' :)

;):cool:
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Improved search
    Planner sharing

The smart phone app does a very good job search-wise at the moment plus now it has proper clash management as long as the box is connected to the same network it's even better.

Multiroom without a phone line will never happen although multiroom without the boxes connected to a phone line may happen now that single boxes can (or will be able to) order PPV stuff via the internet connection. Although I suppose if your internet service is via a wifi provider you won't need a phone line. :)

Whoever said YouTube integration, definitely not. There's your PC , smart TV , Xbox, PS3 etc for that. :) Anyway it can never be integrated due hardware limitations, at best it will be an off-air download like all the stuff in the interactive section complete with a 1-2 minute delay before it can be used.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon194 wrote: »
    Multiroom without a phone line will never happen although multiroom without the boxes connected to a phone line may happen now that single boxes can (or will be able to) order PPV stuff via the internet connection.

eh, don't those 2 statements contradict each other?