Options

Trying on hard contact lenses for the first time

_Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
Forum Member
I got fitted today for the first time in my life and omg does it hurt like having constant grit in your eyes that won't go away.

The woman who dealt with me said it would be like that for weeks but my eyes would adjust. If anyone here wears the hard lenses how long did it take for your eyes to adjust? right now I am terrified of going back to get the proper lenses fitted.

Comments

• Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a reason why you're getting hard lenses rather than soft?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Is there a reason why you're getting hard lenses rather than soft?

I suffer from keratoconus.
  • Options
    krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do get used to them - I've had mine for 28 years now (bloody hell, I feel old now!), and can honestly say the only times I feel them are when I'm talking about them or if I get dust in my eye. That smarts a bit! I don't remember how long it took me to get used to them, but I know I had to start by wearing them for an hour, then increase by an hour a day till I was comfortable with them.

Keep persevering, it's worth it. Good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I've worn hard lenses since I was 18 - I'm now 41 - and pretty much wear them all day, every day.

When I first got them I just wore them for a couple of hours a day and then, over a short period of time, built up to wear them all day. I can't ever remember having any problems with them, apart from breaking a couple when cleaning them (soon learnt to be very gentle with them).

They only bother me now if it is really windy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanx for the responses :)

I will just have to persevere.