pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool. I might switch to London for a change! :D
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all versions of ITV HD are fixed at 10 Mbps though, which is pretty shoddy these days. Very complicated scenes can (and do) break up sometimes.
  • Options
    M60M60 Posts: 5,597
    Forum Member
    UTV HD is on it's way, unfortunately it looks like it's going to be delayed until later on in the year. Believe me folks, it will happen I can assure you of that!
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conner agree 100%, UTV are complete and absolute crap at every thing they do. Its a ratbag and bobtail of an outfit. I moved to HUmax over a year ago and slotted in the postcode for the Houses of Parliment . I get all the ITV HD output as well as +1 progs. If I want to watch UTV news (which is the only prog to watch from their output) I switch to my freeview (DTV) and then back to HDMI1 on my telly.

The sooner Norn Iron people get away from this UTV is our TV nonsense the better.

Mind you the local BBC output is no better and also ameaturish and dire. Nolan on the radio is crap and Alan Simpson in the afternoon is pathetic. Talkback has also completely down the hill.

Instead of UTV , I ish for RTE to get their act on and source through Freesat rather than Saorise or whatever you call it. If anybody has a way to view RTE via Freesat let us all know the secret PLEASE.

Pam, in which part of NI do you live? The Saorview (Irish DTT) coverage into NI is pretty good now. You can put your postcode into this website and see if you are likely to have a useable signal. For those areas that cannot get stable reception from the south there is the NI mini-multiplex which carries the channels from the south (but some programmes are blanked out due to broadcast rights conflicts with UK stations). Do any of your neighbours have aerials pointing at transmitters in the south and do they get stable reception? To receive either service you will need a FreeView box (or TV) that can handle FreeView HD. Only one channel in the south is broadcast in HD (RTE 2) but the standard definition channels all share the more modern digital data compression system used by the HD channel. The NI mini-multiplex is all standard definition but is transmitted using the same more efficient transmission system employed by FreeView HD meaning older FreeView equipment cannot decode the signals.

As regards your Humax. I agree with Grahamlthompson, if you install the custom firmware (it is very easy and will not break your box I promise) you will be able to add UTV to the normal FreeSat EPG to save the hassle of flipping between FreeSat & Non FreeSat modes. I have STV HD, UTV as well as all the regional BBC1 HD feeds and Arise news HD added to my FoxSat HDR's EPG.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masteriser wrote: »
    Pam, in which part of NI do you live? The Saorview (Irish DTT) coverage into NI is pretty good now. You can put your postcode into this website and see if you are likely to have a useable signal. For those areas that cannot get stable reception from the south there is the NI mini-multiplex which carries the channels from the south (but some programmes are blanked out due to broadcast rights conflicts with UK stations). Do any of your neighbours have aerials pointing at transmitters in the south and do they get stable reception? To receive either service you will need a FreeView box (or TV) that can handle FreeView HD. Only one channel in the south is broadcast in HD (RTE 2) but the standard definition channels all share the more modern digital data compression system used by the HD channel. The NI mini-multiplex is all standard definition but is transmitted using the same more efficient transmission system employed by FreeView HD meaning older FreeView equipment cannot decode the signals.

As regards your Humax. I agree with Grahamlthompson, if you install the custom firmware (it is very easy and will not break your box I promise) you will be able to add UTV to the normal FreeSat EPG to save the hassle of flipping between FreeSat & Non FreeSat modes. I have STV HD, UTV as well as all the regional BBC1 HD feeds and Arise news HD added to my FoxSat HDR's EPG.

can you get all the ITV regions in SD and HD then? and all the C4 and C5 variations in advertisements?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Astra 2E" satellite will be launched in early September of 2013 and if it is the case that "Astra 2E" is launched in early September of 2013 then the expectation would be for "Astra 2E" to have been officially announced as operational and in service at the 28.2 degrees east satellite position by the End of October of 2013, as is normal with these things all this is subject to change of course. This being the case UTV HD should start in November.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ihhouston wrote: »
    Astra 2E" satellite will be launched in early September of 2013 and if it is the case that "Astra 2E" is launched in early September of 2013 then the expectation would be for "Astra 2E" to have been officially announced as operational and in service at the 28.2 degrees east satellite position by the End of October of 2013, as is normal with these things all this is subject to change of course. This being the case UTV HD should start in November.

Astra 2E 2E has nothing to do with it as UTV HD will launch on to an existing 1N or 2F transponder.
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    can you get all the ITV regions in SD and HD then? and all the C4 and C5 variations in advertisements?
    Were I so inclined, yes. Anything can be moved to the FreeSat EPG with the channel editor (even channels from different satellites [non 28 degrees east] accessed via the DiSEqC option in the hidden menu). But that would be a hell of a hassle for not much gain in my opinion. STV HD is useful as sometimes they have the odd movie that may interest, likewise the BBC1 National Regions for differently timed late evening schedules where some networked shows are moved to later in the evening to accomodate regional programming.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    ...All the currently available ITV HD regions.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masteriser wrote: »
    Were I so inclined, yes. Anything can be moved to the FreeSat EPG with the channel editor (even channels from different satellites [non 28 degrees east] accessed via the DiSEqC option in the hidden menu). But that would be a hell of a hassle for not much gain in my opinion. STV HD is useful as sometimes they have the odd movie that may interest, likewise the BBC1 National Regions for differently timed late evening schedules where some networked shows are moved to later in the evening to accomodate regional programming.

Thats quite neat thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    No, its not becoming another farce.
    Its not UTV, as i have said.
    Just be patient a little longer

every body call utv on there hd channel on to freesat and sky the first week of November 2013 to confirm what I have said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    every body call utv on there hd channel on to freesat and sky the first week of November 2013 to confirm what I have said

What your saying is that UTV HD is to launch on Sky and Freesat the first week of November! Maybe :rolleyes:
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    What your saying is that UTV HD is to launch on Sky and Freesat the first week of November! Maybe :rolleyes:
    Is that a definite maybe? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Is that a definite maybe? ;)

Yep, a definite maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    UTV HD EPG data now being tested on 20780 11053H, I did say 'maybe'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Praise The Lord . At last maybe?
  • Options
    leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don,t wish to disappoint but 20780 is currently putting out ITV HD Granada.
  • Options
    DigifreakDigifreak Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    M60 wrote: »
    UTV HD EPG data now being tested on 20780 11053H, I did say 'maybe'!

It's not the channel that's being tested, just the EPG data. Right now it's saying UTV Live is next. However it will broadcast Central News as they just announced what's coming up during the last ad break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Digifreak wrote: »
    It's not the channel that's being tested, just the EPG data. Right now it's saying UTV Live is next. However it will broadcast Central News as they just announced what's coming up during the last ad break.

Yep, just the EPG data at the moment.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member

Not at home at the moment so can't check myself, but Central News? I thought the stream was showing Granada? Did the stream change from Granada to Central during the afternoon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was the trailer that was showing at around 5.30pm today on that stream. It clearly said ITV Central to me. To be fair, I didn't watch the main bulletin, but why would they show a trailer for a different regional news programme?
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    That was the trailer that was showing at around 5.30pm today on that stream. It clearly said ITV Central to me. To be fair, I didn't watch the main bulletin, but why would they show a trailer for a different regional news programme?
    If that's the case then the stream in question has changed from Granada since post # 118.
  • Options
    HertzHertz Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Not at home at the moment so can't check myself, but Central News? I thought the stream was showing Granada? Did the stream change from Granada to Central during the afternoon?

Granada Reports at 6 pm this evening, as opposed to UTV live.

Still, looks like it's launching soon.......possibly :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Back in the ITV Digital days, I seem to remember the EPG data for ITV Sport testing on Sky, a few months before it ceased broadcasting. Alas it never did launch. So I wouldn't hold your breath just yet, it still may be weeks, if not months away.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did someone not mention on here before that it will be at least November before UTV HD is on satellite? Why is November in my head for some reason?