Options

Watching the GAA All Ireland Finals outside of Ireland

As we approach the All Ireland Gaelic Football Final on Sunday (22/9 @ 3:30pm) and with the All Ireland Gaelic Hurling Final going to a replay, on the following Saturday (28/9 @5pm), I wanted to pass on this information, for anyone hoping to watch these games abroad.

I live in Portugal and use a service, which allows me to watch RTE, AerTV, BBC etc, without having to use a full VPN service.

OverPlay lets you watch all of the above services and more, wherever you are in the world. It bypasses the geo-blocking on most tv sites.

I pay US$5 (€3.90) a month through PayPal for their SmartDNS service. It can be started/stopped every other month if needed. They offer good customer support and the site has helpful guides for setting up the service.

Once set up, you can use it on a pc, smartphone, iPad, smart tv etc. Alternatively, you can set it up on your router, so that all devices using the router get the benefit. It doesn't affect your download speeds.

I use either the RTE live streams on the RTE Player, or AerTV.ie (now subscription based for HD channels) to watch most of the GAA. If you have SkyGo, it also works outside of Ireland. Similarly it works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Al Jazeera Sports etc.

If you have any questions, drop me a PM.

So, whether you will be supporting Dublin, Mayo, Cork or Clare in the Senior Finals, or Mayo or Tyrone in the Minor Football Final, enjoy the games.

Here's a taster for the Football Final!!!!