Options

O2 MX - Help needed please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
Forum Member
Hiya

My husband and my self both got a new O2 MX phone for Christmas, on the whole were quite happy with them but were having 1 or 2 little problems and we wondered if you guys could help us out please.

I should first point out these are the first new fangled phones we have had so can any instructions be step by step please :o

Picture messaging settings couldn't be set up by text, was told to go to the O2 web site but that didn't have the settings for our model so I phoned O2 who mailed me the settings which I carried out. This included adding an IP address at some point in the settings. My question is was this IP address the address for my phone or for O2 - meaning can my husband set up his phone using the same IP address and settings or does he need a different set? (I did set his up with the same settings but we still can't send picture messages to each other is this because were trying to work from the same IP address or something?)

Sorry this is long winded and hope you understand what I mean and can help

Also, is there any sites to download inexpensive/free games, animations, silly sounds and all that jazz for these phones, I've tried a few searches but so far haven't found anything :(

Thanks in advance
Lynda

Comments

• Options
    WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The IP address that you were given is for the MMS (and GPRS) server at O2. My phone has it as 193.113.200.195 (that's the Pay As You Go server, the IP address for Pay Montly is different). When sending an MMS, the phone connects to that to be able to send the MMS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Hi WordLife

Thank you for your reply :)
    So we can both work off the same IP address, thats good news thanks, I just need a little help with the rest now lol

Thanks again
    Take care
    Lynda
  • Options
    WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, anytime! :)

I like to help others when and where i can :D