Call Of Duty : Ghosts

Comments

• NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I was pleasantly surprised with the graphics quality of the PS4 version of Ghosts. Didn't expect it to look that good. Although Killzone is a step above and heard BF4 is much better too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm extremely piased off with this game now and I've got my issues summaries:

1: the maps are poorly designed and not like a map, more a plain area with obstacles and in some cases multiple levels
    2: the spawns are stilloatly stupid
    3: the dogs are overpowered and resistant to 6 bullets to the face
    4: the satcoms appear to be overpowered and constant unlike the good old UAV.
    5: due to the honeybadger it feels like if you don't use a sniper or a silenced weapon you are done for
    6: for me I seem to regularly be up to 1 second behind the enemy, to me he shoots me from nowhere or before I see him, due to this after the first bullet I'm immobilised. Yet the killcam show me standing there waiting to take it...

That's about it for today :(
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Wow 22 for a new game. For me personally even that price won't make me take a chance on cod again though

Says £32 if you use the code. Original price £42?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is ground war good on next gen? does it make the map sizes seem better?
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Does freefall cycle on blitz? Had quite a few games tonight but the map never shows up????
  • magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I'm extremely piased off with this game now and I've got my issues summaries:

1: the maps are poorly designed and not like a map, more a plain area with obstacles and in some cases multiple levels
    2: the spawns are stilloatly stupid
    3: the dogs are overpowered and resistant to 6 bullets to the face
    4: the satcoms appear to be overpowered and constant unlike the good old UAV.
    5: due to the honeybadger it feels like if you don't use a sniper or a silenced weapon you are done for
    6: for me I seem to regularly be up to 1 second behind the enemy, to me he shoots me from nowhere or before I see him, due to this after the first bullet I'm immobilised. Yet the killcam show me standing there waiting to take it...

That's about it for today :(

Good summary mate - tonight I had a mixed bag of games:

First hour was a complete nightmare where everyone seemed to have a second on me apart from a couple of minutes where it let me kill people only to tease me lol. The undoubted "highlight" was when I shot a clip,at two guys not getting a kill then one of them was killed by someone else and spawned 2 yards behind me so shot me in the back :confused:

The the last hour was the opposite with me KD varying between 1.5 and 5 although there wS always someone on the other team with a second on me to kill me before I hit top kill streaks

Overall I'm watching my KD drop and blood pressure rise lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good summary mate - tonight I had a mixed bag of games:

First hour was a complete nightmare where everyone seemed to have a second on me apart from a couple of minutes where it let me kill people only to tease me lol. The undoubted "highlight" was when I shot a clip,at two guys not getting a kill then one of them was killed by someone else and spawned 2 yards behind me so shot me in the back :confused:

The the last hour was the opposite with me KD varying between 1.5 and 5 although there wS always someone on the other team with a second on me to kill me before I hit top kill streaks

Overall I'm watching my KD drop and blood pressure rise lol!

I know how you feel, I want to throw the controller but it's the dual shock 4 so I'd rather not cry lol

Activision seem to be doing an apple and hiding behind there's not fault logic, we know it's not our connections either as it's just this game -brick wall time
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I kept going back and trying it in the hope that miraculously it would improve, but no. It's now shelved. I've got enough games to keep me going until March.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Well either the in game counters are broken or the numbers playing are well down on previous titles.

Haven't seen a monthly Live chart in a while, but I would be surprised if Ghosts is in the top five on either 360 or the One.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got COD:Ghosts on my X1 & WiiU and they're pretty much identical interns of graphics! ... I'm quite shocked tbh because I thought the X1 is supposedly 50x more powerful (or summit lol) ;)
    Forum Member
    I think fake-IW have managed the communist nirvana of making all systems equal...

Equally mediocre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    IW did not make the Wii U version.

The resolution difference is not much between the two.

I don't have a Wii U though so can only go by Digital Foundry and there did seem to be a notable difference.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't commented on it yet, but i got Ghosts about 10 days ago. Worst game i've played in a LONG time. I haven't even finished the campaign (boring) and the multiplayer is woeful. I've never been so bored on a Call of Duty in my life. It's almost like they made a terrible game on purpose. I feel so stupid for getting it. Well, actually, it was a present from the gf, and i don't have the heart to tell her i hate it. But she's starting to notice that i'm never on it.

Officially done with the franchise. I hope it dies on its arse and everyone involved gets sacked. COD: Ghosts is a 3/10.
    Forum Member
    20,000 plus change playing this on the One last night - I'd love to know Activisions thoughts on next gen uptake.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member

Until it gets to 50p then i aint intrested. The franchise died with black ops 2.

Battlefield 4 is the future
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a complaint about the gameplay as such, but not achivements for online play?

I'm not sure if this is always the case as I have gamer score for other COD games I've played. But I did the story on all the MW games I think, plus on MW2 I enjoyed the special ops a lot so that's probably where I got the score.

On ghosts I only intend on playing online (for the moment at least) so it seems a shame I can dedicate so much time to the game but not increase my gamerscore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Can you have 2 players offline and use bots on this game?
    Forum Member
    Roco1975 wrote: »
    Can you have 2 players offline and use bots on this game?
    Yes you can. The bots are pretty good too.
    Forum Member
    20,000 plus change playing this on the One last night - I'd love to know Activisions thoughts on next gen uptake.
    It gets around 55k on PS4.

In the US it had a 0.7 attach rate on PS4. Best selling PS4 game, so around 700k copies. Quite impressive I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they announced which, if any, game modes will be added, espicially hardcore.

There's a few game modes I like the idea of on standard, but I can only play hardcore. For me it's just too difficult to get a high number of kills in standard, and the amount of times I shoot someone then run before finishing them because I think I've killed them is annoying!

EDIT: Forgot to mention im on the 360 not the next gen.
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    Have they announced which, if any, game modes will be added, espicially hardcore.

There's a few game modes I like the idea of on standard, but I can only play hardcore. For me it's just too difficult to get a high number of kills in standard, and the amount of times I shoot someone then run before finishing them because I think I've killed them is annoying!

TBH we'd be very lucky to get anything added in HC. I couldn't believe my eyes when dom appeared. Cap the flag would do it for me. I really got into it in BO2 but they replaced it with dom, why they couldn't keep them both i don't know??
    Forum Member
    AcidVenus wrote: »

They have always said that it was the limitations of the machines that prevented them adding more game modes... particularly to HC.

No idea what their excuses are for not adding loads of game modes to HC on the One.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fragmentation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have always said that it was the limitations of the machines that prevented them adding more game modes... particularly to HC.

No idea what their excuses are for not adding loads of game modes to HC on the One.

Really? I find that hard to believe. There were more HC modes on MW3 anyway, and are they saying that a HC Blitz game is going to crash your xbox 360 but the standard won't? How is it any more strain on the machine?
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people enjoying Ghosts then? Or is it still rubbish?