Options

Jane mcdonald leaves loose women!

phillip2phillip2 Posts: 1,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Announced on her twitter she will be busy this year, i think bosses are just wanting huge changes with mcgiff and denise gone , i dont like kaye, nadia , jane moore or myleene, i dont see it working, i only like coleen janet street porter and miss vorderman now

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    She goes away for 6 months every now and then to do her touring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm this is the message
    Message from Jane McDonald

It has been an incredible 10 years for me on Loose Women and I've loved every minute of it. I've got a busy and exciting year coming up with a new album and national concert tour. So the time is right for me to step aside from Loose Women and concentrate on new opportunities.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again on tour and I thank you all for your continued support, loyalty and best wishes.

With Love,

Jane xxx
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phillip2 wrote: »
    Announced on her twitter she will be busy this year, i think bosses are just wanting huge changes with mcgiff and denise gone , i dont like kaye, nadia , jane moore or myleene, i dont see it working, i only like coleen janet street porter and miss vorderman now

BIB have the ratings gone down since they have left & the others have joined?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id be interested to see ratings from a few episodes a week to see!
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'm one of the few people to actually like Loose Women. But it is all over the place at the moment....the panel are swapping around like musical chairs!
    I miss Carol McGiffin and Denise Welch - but it's made up by Janet Street-Porter, Kaye Adams and Colleen Nolan. Now that Jane is going (again) for a while, who else are they going to get?
    Nadia Sawahla is quite good on it, Sherrie is just Sherrie :) I'd like to see her that played Mrs Masood (:confused:) from EE on the panel and someone like Paula Tilbrook (Betty from ED) as a guest panellist! They'll have to experiment!! I guess that is what they are doing now.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's left before until concert tickets stopped selling and then came back to get back in the public eye again. I doubt that would happen again though - if she has left I think she'll be gone for good as the producers seem to be trying to take the show in a different direction. I'm watching it less and less these days so am wondering what the viewing figures are like since the changes started happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to know i agree too its a mess davina would be good , im excited for the birds of a feather lineup on tuesday!!"
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Has she gone before she was pushed?

My guess is not. Her main aim is her singing, so best to take a break from LW.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richardwds wrote: »

her singing.. LOL
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like when she sings on the Christmas special.

Jane is out of place on the panel now.She was always there for talking about living with her mum, Ed being in the shed and liking pork pies. She was never intellectual and that sort of panel worked with Coleen, Carol and Denise.

They are taking the show in a different direction now and she is outshined every time by Jane Moore, Jamelia , Kaye etc and cant hold an argument same as with Shobna and Sherrie.

Sherrie will leave soon, she has not got much to add either as Loose women is moving away from relying on men as the butt of jokes and the endless sex stories that no one cares about anymore.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should get Victoria Wood as she does a great Jane tribute act

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fxcP9d6I4
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not like the programme but I thought she was one of the better presenters, as she came across as a good listener and not as judgmental on controversial issues.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phillip2 wrote: »

I'm surprised JSP has the nerve to show her face these days . I presumed she wouid keep he head down after the bad press she got when the JS story broke .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-child-abuse-claims-1361516
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't they get "Old Woman" off the Steve Wright afternon radio 2 show?
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    I'm surprised JSP has the nerve to show her face these days . I presumed she wouid keep he head down after the bad press she got when the JS story broke .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-child-abuse-claims-1361516

An article over a year old says what?

That just like many other people she heard rumours, rumours that couldn't be proven or substantiated. What did you expect her to do? Conduct a private investigation?
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    An article over a year old says what?

That just like many other people she heard rumours, rumours that couldn't be proven or substantiated. What did you expect her to do? Conduct a private investigation?

Well being as she portrays an image of being intelligent , strong minded and determined I would have expected her and Esther to have done the right and proper thing. I seem to recall that they both said something along the line of "I was working in a man's world and knew that I'd have no future in the industry had I blown the whistle"

ER was head of ChildLine for many years when JS was still running riot
    Both behaved disfracefully , in my opinion.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Well being as she portrays an image of being intelligent , strong minded and determined I would have expected her and Esther to have done the right and proper thing. I seem to recall that they both said something along the line of "I was working in a man's world and knew that I'd have no future in the industry had I blown the whistle"

ER was head of ChildLine for many years when JS was still running riot
    Both behaved disfracefully , in my opinion.

What did you do when you heard the rumours on internet forums ?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richardwds wrote: »

Last time she announced she would be taking a break and this time it's that she is leaving. Her pic was removed from the ITV site by the time she made the announcement which normally doesn't happen with others they are usually there a bit longer , I think she probably wanted a break and the new lady in charge who saw her as too old school took the chance to advise her to leave.