If Jenna leaves before Capaldi goes, which 'Classic' companion do you want back?

2»

Comments

• sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Ermm Martha, Rose, Donna, Jack, Sarah Jane, to name but a few.

Not one of them came back as a companion. They were all cameos or guests. The OP was implying the classic companion would be back as a companion, and Doctor Who doesn't do that, as Simon_Foston correctly pointed out.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we even need to see any of these people back? I'm not being rude. I just honestly find this obsession among Doctor Who fans with retreating to the past utterly baffling. I love a cameo or reference. But lets move on. We just had the fiftieth which honoured the past and a Xmas special which gave us a new cycle of regens and a new future for the show. If some fans don't I sure as hell hope the production team and Moffat (and successors) see that as a bit of a full stop and leave the past alone. There are so many possibilities for exciting new adventures and characters and so many great new actors out there. Why on earth would we want the nee companion to be a returning character who wasn't even very good in the first place?

I totally disagree. We should only honour the past only, never let there be a new companion to enter the Tardis again, imagine the new and exciting story lines that we may get with new faces! I just wouldn't know what to do with myself, I shudder at the thought - Bring back William Hartnell and Terrance Dicks while we're at it and the round circles in the Tardis interior and the floppy sets. Hooray for clackers, none of this doctor who is really doctor who anyway .... :o
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jenna will leave after this series. I would like a totally new companion, no going back. Am not sure a young companion is suitable to an older Doctor like Capaldi, seems a bit off to me. Maybe a male companion in his 30s would work?
  • Simon_FostonSimon_Foston Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Ermm Martha, Rose, Donna, Jack, Sarah Jane, to name but a few.

Unless I've got the idea wrong, the OP asked which classic series companion could come back as a regular character to replace Clara. The title did say "if Jenna leaves," implying that they wouldn't just be filling a guest role for one or two episodes like the characters you mentioned.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hajua wrote: »
    Mel is the youngest classic companion (49). Twelfth Doctor definitely looks vitamin A deficient (he needs carrot juice) and someone his age should spend some time training on the exercise bike before all that stressful running up and down corridors. Bring back Mel!

Oh, please no! :o And have her screaming every time she sees aliens, monsters and enemies? No thank you!

A little nod to her in a forthcoming series, maybe. The Doctor finding out what she's been up to since she left him, yes. But DON'T bring her back.

Yes, I very much like Bonnie, but all of her screaming and mediocre acting in "Who", wasn't up to much.

Like this for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC6cFsPG7dE
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Oh, please no! :o And have her screaming every time she sees aliens, monsters and enemies? No thank you!

A little nod to her in a forthcoming series, maybe. The Doctor finding out what she's been up to since she left him, yes. But DON'T bring her back.

Yes, I very much like Bonnie, but all of her screaming and mediocre acting in "Who", wasn't up to much.

Like this for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC6cFsPG7dE

I thought Mel was great :)

But I see what you mean , I mean why did she have to scream, it wasn't like that bloke just got electrified, died and then started a chain reaction that saw ghastly aliens break out of plants, now if all that happened she would have had a reason to scream right? :)

I like the fact that her character was a bit inquisitive and not afraid to go digging in that basement in the first place, because she knew something was fishy and wasn't going to wait for the doctor to go find out what the problem was.