• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Bee's next to my knees, doesnt have the same ring to it :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we get to find out where they came in the tattoo competition.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I hope we get to find out where they came in the tattoo competition.

Can't imagine anything being worse than that monstrosity. :o
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these people are unbelievable! Slippery When Wet?!

That poor woman with no eyebrows though, that'd be a nightmare! Quite happy getting mine waxed every now and again thanks.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I thought the bees knees thing was quite cute!
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no wonder they don't bother with freak shows at fairs any more. They can't match some of those on this programme.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It's no wonder they don't bother with freak shows at fairs any more. They can't match some of those on this programme.

They really are a bunch of exhibitionists, and yes, just wear a different bikini, or heaven forbid, a one piece ^_^
  • Options
    sominsomin Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Dimple Girl's face healed and she ended up looking quite normal: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bodyshockers-dimpleplasty-cheryl-cole-i-3132151 I'm glad about that as I was a bit worried she'd messed up her face.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    somin wrote: »
    Apparently Dimple Girl's face healed and she ended up looking quite normal: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bodyshockers-dimpleplasty-cheryl-cole-i-3132151 I'm glad about that as I was a bit worried she'd messed up her face.

Ironically, on the show, prior to the operation she seemed to have quite cute dimples.

Then she decided to have her face surgically deformed.

I'm glad that she's sorted herself out.
  • Options
    incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dimple girl isn't the only one they haven't followed up on, they do it regularly and it really annoys me. They show you them after one attempt to laser off a huge tattoo but they never show it at the end of all the treatment. I'd like to see how well the lasering actually works out in the end.

The programme is getting really boring now, it's the same thing every week. Someone stretches their earlobes, regrets it, gets them chopped off. A load of people get tattoos partially lasered off. Someone is considering getting one of these things done and speaks to someone who regrets it, but then goes ahead and does it anyway.

I don't know how the presenter (Katie?) stomachs them. If I'd gone through the horrific attack she had and had to have all the reconstructive surgeries she has, I'd have little tolerance of these idiots who are crying because they can't wear a bikini that barely covers their slit, or because they've gone off the tattoo that they chose to put on their body.
  • Options
    macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    incy wincy wrote: »
    Dimple girl isn't the only one they haven't followed up on, they do it regularly and it really annoys me. They show you them after one attempt to laser off a huge tattoo but they never show it at the end of all the treatment. I'd like to see how well the lasering actually works out in the end.

That is precisely what I was wondering. Will we ever get to see the final results of anything? Or do they perhaps never come off? Would love to see what happened with the woman with the huge ugly tattooed thigh or perhaps that could have been tattooed huge ugly thigh actually.

On that picture in the Daily Mirror dimple woman didn't look any different after her procedure had healed. What a waste. Some of these people have more money than sense. Mind you some of them clearly have no sense at all.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well depending on when it was filmed the contributors may not have had all their laser treatment by time of airing. I'd love a follow up episode with everyone showing how effective the laser treatment was. Just like they do on weight loss programmes.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit that made me feel ill was the piercings woman who had her ears punched through... OMG
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    'Slippery when wet'

Classy.

Was she a Bon Jovi fan?
  • Options
    ToenToen Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to see this so I went to 4oD.
    (The program is called Bodyshockers not Bodyshock). Anyway I am surprised that so many people regret their tattoos. Surely they must have an idea what they will look like. The girl with bees near her knees must have found that the joke has worn thin by now. Was her name Denise?
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Felicity- wrote: »

That poor woman with no eyebrows though, that'd be a nightmare! Quite happy getting mine waxed every now and again thanks.

Tell me about it

I have an auto immune condition where my body apparently decided that my own hair is an intruder and attacked it.

My hair, which was extremely thick has thinned at the front and sides although I still have lots at the back. Fortunately it hasnt thinned so much that I look like I'm going bald, but I am self conscious about it. If there is just a breath of wind I have to apply lots of hairspray. Otherwise, since it's fine and wispy at the front, the wind will lift it where I have carefully arranged it and pulled it into a fringe and then it becomes more noticeable. Well, to me anyway.

I lost all the hair on my legs, which is fine by me! Less to shave.

The bigger issue though is that I lost my eyebrows. Well, there are a few hairs in the right one but the left one is virtually nonexistent.

I wear glasses which may help make it less obvious and I'm very fair and hope it might seem that my eyebrows are too and barely visible.

I would love to have a transplant but can't afford it. The NHS, quite understandably, has other things to spend its money on than my lack of eyebrows.

I think drawn on ones look obviously false and the same goes for tattoed eyebrows.

So I'm stuck with it. And I'm quite a shy, private person and the thought of going on a show like that to get them fixed for free is quite a nightmarish one!
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arghhhh - here we go again.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a fascinating programme about hair, and wigs and African American hair and weaves. A real eye opener and sad about the lack of love for their own hair.:(
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Toen wrote: »
    Anyway I am surprised that so many people regret their tattoos.

I've just started laser removal on mine, I have tattoos on my forearms. I liked them at 25, but at 40 I found myself covering up with long sleeves more and more. I just fell out with them. I've got a long road ahead, but it is working.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antoinette Williams, the girl who got the hair transplant was a contestant in the first series of Make Me A Supermodel. Knew I recognised her face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear oh my, those boobs do look totally mad.

Her mum looks lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    I've just started laser removal on mine, I have tattoos on my forearms. I liked them at 25, but at 40 I found myself covering up with long sleeves more and more. I just fell out with them. I've got a long road ahead, but it is working.

It's one of those things.

I hope it's not too painful and works well.

Tattoos just aren't like any other fashion thing:(