Castle Season 6 US Pace

13»

Comments

• Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    ^^^^Good thing I don't bother with social media hype then....

I found this a great episode and she played the water torture scenes well, surely now Beckett will go out to get the senator before he can become President?....

Well, after the small numbers for ITBOTB, there is now a small group, on social media, saying it's about time JB case was solved.....

I am a fan of this idea
  • Cuty PieCuty Pie Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hi

Haven't been on this forum for a long time, my DS update posting notifier seems to have stopped>:(

Ratings in the US aren't quite as bad as they seem at first glance. Castle has suffered for the last few weeks because of a very poor lead-in show named Mixology - some sort of dating reality rubbish I believe, but if you look at this link:

http://castletv.net/forums/617/ep-617-ratings/

and consider the +7 day ratings you will see it is not doing too badly. Just like in the UK a lot of viewing is time delayed on DVR. You can find press statements from ABC saying that the show is doing better than ever for ratings.

I agree about the wedding dress - awful - what the hell was Luke Riechle thinking of? Generally the fashions on this show are one of the outstanding details, even Stana couldn't make it look good, at least below the waist.

Castle's real name is first revealed in in Episode 3x02 "My given name is Richard Alexander Rodgers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrYScefmT8

I didn't like the torture scene in ITHBOTB, even one of the crew tweeted that it was horrible to watch being done and went on for hours, but Stana tweeted "It was fun", perhaps she enjoys that sort of thing. I think Bowman must be a bit of a sadist, he's put her through a couple of other unpleasant scenes. Apparently she was not at all happy when he made her flash her tits in 5x04, guess who was behind the camera (and how many takes were there?)? This season is the first when there has not been any hint of nudity or skimpy clothing, but I could do with her coming out of the gym all hot and sweaty, just like she used to...............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuty Pie wrote: »
    Hi

Haven't been on this forum for a long time, my DS update posting notifier seems to have stopped>:(

Ratings in the US aren't quite as bad as they seem at first glance. Castle has suffered for the last few weeks because of a very poor lead-in show named Mixology - some sort of dating reality rubbish I believe, but if you look at this link:

http://castletv.net/forums/617/ep-617-ratings/

and consider the +7 day ratings you will see it is not doing too badly. Just like in the UK a lot of viewing is time delayed on DVR. You can find press statements from ABC saying that the show is doing better than ever for ratings.

I agree about the wedding dress - awful - what the hell was Luke Riechle thinking of? Generally the fashions on this show are one of the outstanding details, even Stana couldn't make it look good, at least below the waist.

Castle's real name is first revealed in in Episode 3x02 "My given name is Richard Alexander Rodgers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrYScefmT8

I didn't like the torture scene in ITHBOTB, even one of the crew tweeted that it was horrible to watch being done and went on for hours, but Stana tweeted "It was fun", perhaps she enjoys that sort of thing. I think Bowman must be a bit of a sadist, he's put her through a couple of other unpleasant scenes. Apparently she was not at all happy when he made her flash her tits in 5x04, guess who was behind the camera (and how many takes were there?)? This season is the first when there has not been any hint of nudity or skimpy clothing, but I could do with her coming out of the gym all hot and sweaty, just like she used to...............

As far as ratings is concerned, I have read an article saying that season 7 is just about on but season 8 is a total pipe dream, no chance, not gonna happen.... Having said that I did read that, before Mixology messed it up this was a) the most popular season ever and b) well above what previews predicted. So frankly what do so called experts know.

Anyway DWTS returns soon as the lead so things should improve.

And now we are getting to the gritty end of the season, we should see how popular the story arc is. Similarly last night was the last time Castle was shown on a Sunday in Canada, maybe figures were affected by that in America, but as In the Belly of the Beast was not shown in Canada last week and it was a series low, or something, and after being hyped so much as well, it could get interesting.

There has even been a suggestion that it is time to 'solve' Joanna Beckett's murder, well sorry after dragging it out for six seasons they are not going to let it drop in time for the end of this season. Unless it ends up really really cornily.

As for Stana objecting to nudity, skimpy outfits etc, 5x04 the nudity wa only ever implied unless I do not have the 'directors cut' of that episode, and the poor actress could well have worn a body suit for the filming. Heck 5x01 the unbuttoning was far more revealing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Just been announced episode 22, the penultimate one of season 6 is called veritas. The Latin for Truth and of cause part of the quote on JB's headstone.

Looks like that could play a big part in the finale.

No dream wedding then.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed the latest eps of Castle entitled That '70's Show. Especially Lanie's Foxy Brown outfit. WOW! yes please!!!!!!!!!

I think the best part was Espo's reaction unable to take his eyes off her, or even speak intelligibly. Too funny and Ryan's sly look out the corner of his eye.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed the latest eps of Castle entitled That '70's Show. Especially Lanie's Foxy Brown outfit. WOW! yes please!!!!!!!!!

I think the best part was Espo's reaction unable to take his eyes off her, or even speak intelligibly. Too funny and Ryan's sly look out the corner of his eye.

Good episode. I laughed loudly when Esposito (in his 1970's makeover) tried to act cool by sliding off the front hood of his car only to fall straight down onto the street. It's a 3 second scene but funny nonetheless. :D
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »

Yes, a hilarious episode. Best for a long time. Shame we didn't get to see more of Alexis in her 70's gear... Molly Quinn really needs to be in this more.

(Let's ignore the plot hole that they can drive him around modern day New York without him noticing it's not the 70s. The city has changed a fair bit!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

(Let's ignore the plot hole that they can drive him around modern day New York without him noticing it's not the 70s. The city has changed a fair bit!)

Sorry I gotta bite. If you notice Harold ducks down on the seat when he gets in. It would not have taken much to have covered him over with a polyester coat (keeping with the illusion) and so Harold would not have seen New York 2014. He did say he was in fear of his life, so he would not have needed much convincing. MY biggest concern was the '70s police car making it to the precinct.

Nice and frothy episode before we get to the heavy final 2 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can fans be not commenting on 622. Veritas, I was worried this would be damp squib but it did it's job so well.

Just worried if 623 gets the happy ending will it be worth a season 7
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    How can fans be not commenting on 622. Veritas, I was worried this would be damp squib but it did it's job so well.

Just worried if 623 gets the happy ending will it be worth a season 7

Agreed, Veritas was a top notch episode and a satisfying conclusion ahead of next weeks finale.

Well done all round, really enjoyed this episode. :)
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castle 'For Better or Worse'

Obviously not as good as Veritas, but overall an enjoyable finale.
    I heard there was a twist at the end, and considering how good life has been since they got together you had to see it coming as well.

Castle is clearly not dead and the wedding will still happen, just in a different way.

Needless to say pitchforks are out by a proportion of the fanbase
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Castle 'For Better or Worse'

Obviously not as good as Veritas, but overall an enjoyable finale.
    I heard there was a twist at the end, and considering how good life has been since they got together you had to see it coming as well.

Castle is clearly not dead and the wedding will still happen, just in a different way.

Needless to say pitchforks are out by a proportion of the fanbase

Seen the TV Line interview haven't we.
    I have to disagree, the whole episode plot was gibberish at best, not to say an insilt to the fans of the programme, let alone no one in all the background checks Beckett had noticed she was married to a felon. AG office would have loved that, I have just heard the dreaded 'jump the shark' tag and imam not going to insult or berate anyone with that opinion, and that is not based on this episode alone, personally the series gas gone a little far at times, it had better get back on track PDQ in September,p
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An amusing end to the season but then ending was a little too clichéd. Any TV show which shows a character driving a car on the way to an important event in the last few minutes of a season is always going to have an accident. It's in the Big Book of TV Cliches.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Seen the TV Line interview haven't we.
    I have to disagree, the whole episode plot was gibberish at best, not to say an insilt to the fans of the programme, let alone no one in all the background checks Beckett had noticed she was married to a felon. AG office would have loved that, I have just heard the dreaded 'jump the shark' tag and imam not going to insult or berate anyone with that opinion, and that is not based on this episode alone, personally the series gas gone a little far at times, it had better get back on track PDQ in September,p

I'm not going to deny I've read that interview.

The finale was always going to be lighter in tone than the episode that preceded it. I also never said it was perfect or will ever be anywhere near the top of any best Castle episode poll (Far from it really). I just enjoyed it for what it was.

Still that's what makes us comment on this forum, for other peoples opinions.

Although disaster wedding episodes are an over used TV plot mechanic admittedly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I'm not going to deny I've read that interview.

The finale was always going to be lighter in tone than the episode that preceded it. I also never said it was perfect or will ever be anywhere near the top of any best Castle episode poll (Far from it really). I just enjoyed it for what it was.

Still that's what makes us comment on this forum, for other peoples opinions.

Although disaster wedding episodes are an over used TV plot mechanic admittedly.

That is why I posted my opinions, and you have accepted some of my moans, lazy plot devices, wedding disasters (tick), overused cliche cliffhanger (tick), painful face from from a main characters past (BIG tick, especially on the painful).

Having seen what these characters gave gone through and how well it has been woven in the past For Better or Worse, was just plain awful.

Worse shows might be able to get away with it or even find it an advancement of the story, but not for a 6 season show, that up until this season has been excellent in its finales.