Options

Portlandia - Anyone Watching/Watched?

Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
Forum Member
✭✭
I stumbled across 'Portlandia' the other day, it's basically a satire of the hipster community in Portland, Oregon and quite funny. No laugh track, and very subtle jokes etc.

Worth a check, available via all good torrent sites and Netflix :)

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched a few of them because I used to watch Fred Armisen a lot on Saturday Night Live. They're pretty good - the ones i've seen have been quite funny.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first series and found it quite funny but I stopped a few episodes into the second series as it was becoming a bit monotonous I thought. It's a curio that wouldn't be to everyone's taste but it's definitely worth giving it a try.
  • Options
    gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Yep i watched the 1st episode and thought it was ok ish.. , really liked the Steve buscemi scenes!.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    I watched the first series and found it quite funny but I stopped a few episodes into the second series as it was becoming a bit monotonous I thought. It's a curio that wouldn't be to everyone's taste but it's definitely worth giving it a try.

I think that's how I'm heading with it, there's some really clever humour in there, but also a lot of dross that gets a bit samey after several episodes.

I think it's probably series that doesn't lend itself well to being binged in one go but watching one every now and then is all good.