Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Football under Arsene has become so depressing.

Yup, no bottle from top pf the club to the bottom. These players don't give two shits.

Its funny we could win the cup and end up 5th.
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Let's just hope the inevitable City win doesn't result in yet another embarrassing thrashing.
  • TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep your chins up arsenal have to do Liverpool a favour at the weekend by beating man city :)
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you really expect this lot of lily livered jellies to get through a cup semi final and final?
    They continually bottle big games.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talkman wrote: »
    Keep your chins up arsenal have to do Liverpool a favour at the weekend by beating man city :)

Go away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pathetic. But after each of our thrashings, we only picked up a point.

City next, god knows what happens. Need bodies back.

Everton closing in.

Yeah they are so we'd have to go there and beat them. They still have the Both manc clubs and a few other hard games.

Think we will just 4th like usual its all Wenger knows.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Yeah they are so we'd have to go there and beat them. They still have the Both manc clubs and a few other hard games.

Think we will just 4th like usual its all Wenger knows.
    Yep. Even if we finish fourth, a Champions League place is not guaranteed.

So another late transfer scramble. ****ing annoying. Plus ca change.
  • TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better to laugh than cry......ok am going
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Do you really expect this lot of lily livered jellies to get through a cup semi final and final?
    They continually bottle big games.

Yes, they seem up fir it in the cup, its the league they have been woeful in.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So simple but effective.

A win increased our chances of finishing 3rd.

A loss increased our chances of finishing 5th.

So take the result which does neither. Brutally clinical and straightforward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better to laugh than cry......ok am going

Even if we beat City you still won't win the league.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal were poor for 72 minutes good for 5 minutes then poor for the next 17..It will be interesting how Wenger is going to spin this one.

Sagna and Giroud once again proved they aint good enough..who knows where aArsenal will end up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Even if we finish fourth, a Champions League place is not guaranteed.

So another late transfer scramble. ****ing annoying. Plus ca change.

I know, Wenger needs to do the honourable thing and tell the lads now he is resigning at the end of the season.

Sagna trying to hold the club to ransom he can **** off another bottler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Arsenal were poor for 72 minutes good for 5 minutes then poor for the next 17..It will be interesting how Wenger is going to spin this one.

Sagna and Giroud once again proved they aint good enough..who knows where aArsenal will end up.

Yep can you believe he has the nerve to hold the club to ransom after performances like that. Let him go on a free in the summer he won't be missed.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    We'll finish 4th, mark my words ;)
    I dunno whether to be pissed off or pleased we didnt lose TBH, now I just feel restless :(
    We won't win the league (obviously) but now I dont think we can progress in the cup either. We needed a crucial win and didnt get it.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member

At this stage of the season points are all important. But I think Arsenal will just do enough; the fixtures after April and May should keep things ticking over.

Groundhog Day.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Arsenal were poor for 72 minutes good for 5 minutes then poor for the next 17

Yes and it sums up most of our games so far, Gibbs did well but that was it.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Most of them look like they've given up. Never seen a side more in need of new management. And better fitness training. There's zero energy left, and these are the players that have to play every game.

Yes, Gibbs did well going forward, but he leaves miles of grass behind him and good sides exploit that.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    Ecstatic to draw to relegation threatened Swansea at home.

Oh but we've been in such good form;) We are one of the best teams in the bottom half IMO, not that our position in the league reflects that.

Sorry, maybe you would have been unhappy with a draw before the match but after the match you should be happy with what you got. And you should remember that even for the mighty Arsenal there are no easy matches in the PL.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One of three things will happen in that game:

a) We'll win and end up finishing 4th.
    b) We'll draw and end up finishing 4th.
    c)) We'll lose and end up finishing 4th.

A familiar theme, been in effect for about the last 150 league matches if you recognise it.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never gets any easier watching our team.
    The ups and downs are a nightmare.
    We needed 3 pts tonight but to be honest a draw was a fair result.
    Not looking forward to Saturday and then
    away to Everton now massive.
  • jvilson29jvilson29 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    the past couple of seasons we have been playing catch up to grab the last CL spot, whats the odds on Everton/Spurs doing the same to us after we've seemingly been safe of CL qualification all season. Really really needed a win tonight ahead of Saturday, and City looked devastating tonight. If 4th place and FA cup was offered right now i'd snap your hand off.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Well, the Everton game on April 6 is going to be massive. Now we HAVE to win that one ;)
    I'm actually quite worried we wont finish 4th now, on current form we dont deserve to. All we had to do was hold on for a few minutes more but nooo :(
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my way home from the wengerdome. No atmosphere, no direction and yet again another spring collapse. We normally fail against bigger sides, tonight Swansea barely broke sweat to get a point. 2 goals in a minute cme from nowhere as we looked flat with no ideas. I just hope a potential FA cup win doesn't give him a new deal as right now I'd swap him for moyes.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they seem up fir it in the cup, its the league they have been woeful in.

Yes indeed, Birmingham, Bradford and Blackburn all say the same. One Arsene Wenger, there's only one..........
This discussion has been closed.