Options

Will = Genius

2»

Comments

• Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought Ricky fell right into that trap.

Yeah I think his sincerity was sweet and he clearly cares a lot but some people don't like it when the judges tell them who they should vote for. Last year Jessie and Will basically said it would be ridiculous if anyone but Leah won, and I think people resented that. Ricky wasn't so OTT but still.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will very cleverly stage managed Jermaine to showcase his talents with the song choices, and the phone call from "Cheryl pet" was a stroke of genius
    Sally/Tom looked a little "tired", Ricky shamelessly pushed the Kaier Chiefs new record with Christina Marie, I suspect the publc is fed up with shouty female singers anyway. Biggest surprise was that Kylies jamie was first out, good singer but maybe a little "cheesy"
    I hope that Will.i.am will use his American connections to make Jermaine a super star over there, he deserves it
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I think he knows the label is not good, maybe he feels that with Jermaine winning he won't get the 'music' success he wants.
    He probably would have prefered to sign Jermaine himself, help him with his music career as well as stuff that Jermaine is passionate about (helping his community)
    I like Will, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I watch his documentary, it was soo nice to see how he helps his community, and you could tell he is actively involved in his projects.

This^^^^^^^ I think Will would have preferred it if Jermaine hadn't won so that he could have been the one that could sign and nurture him.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the phone call from "Cheryl pet" was a stroke of genius
    Really? I found it off-putting. Does Cheryl Cole have much influence? We couldn't even make out what she was saying, the line was so bad. I doubt Will could, either.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Really? I found it off-putting. Does Cheryl Cole have much influence? We couldn't even make out what she was saying, the line was so bad. I doubt Will could, either.

I agree. I don't think most people would be swayed by someone who is hardly known for her voice and everyone knows is a good friend of Will so will be biased anyway :p