Stooshe

avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
Forum Member
✭✭
So what's happening with then? Are they still together or what?:confused::)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by their twitter, they are still together

But it suprises me they still have a record deal. None of their singles that followed Black heart made much of an impact and the album sold very poorly.
  • simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They took too long to release their debut album and I think a lot of people lost interest in them.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    They really need to release music ASAP, im a fan but I'd totally forgotten about them until I saw this thread.

They need a more polished R&B sound, I suggest that they go and make a new album in the states even if it means losing their brash, London sound. They need success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    They have faded into obscurity becauase they are rubbish. Neon Jungle are much better than them.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    They have faded into obscurity becauase they are rubbish. Neon Jungle are much better than them.

They're much of a muchness, give or take one member.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member

Neon Jungle are terrible.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neon Jungle are terrible.

I liked Braveheart but nothing else, they are both similar and its like they're trying too hard.
    Forum Member

Not to sound rude but in what way are Neon Jungle better? I like both groups and although I prefer Neon Jungle's music at the moment, vocally and musically I'd say Stooshe are miles better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Stooshe are terrible, their music is just not interesting and they're plain boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were dropped by their label last august I believe and now aren't doing much. Karis and Courtney are still dating each other and Alex doesn't seem as close to them as she once was.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They remind me of that girl group, The 411, I think they were called??
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They affectively ended their career when they released Waterfalls. Whoever signed that off needs sacking. They needed a strong follow up that would have certified decent album sales allowing singles to follow. Instead one crap single multiple pushbacks and then a single missing the top 10 meant curtains. It's not the 80's it's not one album try again if your debut falters or flops your dropped.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I look at them all I see is a lesbian and two drag queens who butchered TLC.

#youmurderedwaterfalls.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Waterfalls was such a bad single choice. :( They had a massive crossover hit, then followed it up with a cover. Covers these days only seem to do well if they're from X Factor/The Voice or used in a TV advert.

They could have at least just taken a sample from Waterfalls and incorporated it into an original song, since loads of songs with samples do well today.

I've never heard a Neon Jungle song before.

I think they can still have some more success though. At the end of the day, they're still famous, people know who they are. It's not like they've got to start from scratch.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE Stooshe
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    They affectively ended their career when they released Waterfalls. Whoever signed that off needs sacking. They needed a strong follow up that would have certified decent album sales allowing singles to follow. Instead one crap single multiple pushbacks and then a single missing the top 10 meant curtains. It's not the 80's it's not one album try again if your debut falters or flops your dropped.

I read somewhere that 'Waterfalls' was due to be the Children in Need single (released alongside their own song 'See Me Like This') hence the big budget video with a cameo from the remaining members of TLC. Then, somewhat unexpectedly, Girls Aloud offered 'Something New' as the Children in Need single and they decided to go with that instead. With the video for 'Waterfalls' already recorded, the record company went with that as the single and dropped the planned release of 'See Me Like This'.

When you read it like that, I think it's a real shame that Stooshe didn't do as well as they could due to the indecision of a few. If 'Waterfalls' had been the Children in Need single, it would've guaranteed them airplay across the BBC radio stations, a performance on Strictly, interviews on BBC Breakfast and The One Show and the headline performance on the Children in Need telethon. They still performed 'Waterfalls' on the telethon albeit in a graveyard slot after midnight. It might have guaranteed them the top 10 hit that they needed.

Disappearing after the failure of 'Waterfalls' made it look like they were admitting defeat. Any hype they had created post-'Black Heart' disappeared and by the time 'Slip' and the album were released, it was simply too late to capitalise on the popularity of that song. Personally, I think they should have stuck to the original plan and released 'See Me Like This' alongside 'Waterfalls' followed by the album in November 2012 as was planned. It probably would've still gone top 10 at that point but with higher sales at that time of year it might've salvaged the group's record contract.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does no-one release double-A sides anymore? Even in the CD age people have done that; that's what it's been called anyway.

A lot of big singles by Steps, S Club 7 and the Spice Girls were double-A-sides - or at least some of them! I'm not that up on their sellers.

Isn't the principle that some people will buy for one single and some will buy for the other? I wonder is it just prohibitively expensive to do that now or something...you wouldnt think so much would change in ten years though....
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does no-one release double-A sides anymore? Even in the CD age people have done that; that's what it's been called anyway.

A lot of big singles by Steps, S Club 7 and the Spice Girls were double-A-sides - or at least some of them! I'm not that up on their sellers.

Isn't the principle that some people will buy for one single and some will buy for the other? I wonder is it just prohibitively expensive to do that now or something...you wouldnt think so much would change in ten years though....

I think Steps released the most, but sometimes that just seemed to be a bit indecisive. (I love Steps)
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I asked this before and it is apparently down to the fact the tracks would have to chart seperately or something?..and it wouldn't work properly on the download charts. If you had to buy both songs maybe it could hinder sales?
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete - double post
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    They were dropped by their label last august I believe and now aren't doing much. Karis and Courtney are still dating each other and Alex doesn't seem as close to them as she once was.

Karis and Courtney are dating each other?
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    Karis and Courtney are dating each other?

They are lesbians???????
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »

When did Karis and RoxXxane break up? I feel like people in groups shouldn't date incase they split up because the group might split up then.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't Beyonce do that for I Am... Sasha Fierce?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    They are lesbians???????

One is, the other is bisexual