• Options
    Janey_BeeJaney_Bee Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Girl 1: "I've just booked our wedding venue!!"
    Girl 2: "Ooh hun where you getting married?"
    Girl 1: "A little village in Wales :-)"
    Girl 2: "Wales - is that the same time zone as us?"
    Girl 1: "Lol of course!! Oh *Girl 2* what are you like?!"
    Girl 2: "well I was rubbish at geography at school. I did get a diploma in travel & tourism though..."

Ok more of a conversation than a status, but I did have to laugh. Girl 2, coincidentally, is one of those "full time mummy to my ickle ******" and I've corrected her many spelling mistakes because I couldn't bear to type so many errors!
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    An old flatmate of mine who's always been a bit of an arrogant tosser and seems to constantly have the perfect life (perfect grades at school with little effort, perfect grades at uni by doing every essay the night before, including his dissertation, perfect house, perfect fiance, goes from perfect job to perfect job, has the perfect car etc etc...) keeps posting these kind of updates:

"Looking for venues this weekend, watch out Highland Estates, we're coming to View you"

or

"Looking for caterers this weekend, look out Yellow pages...you're gonna get manhandled"

or

"Gonna HAVE to start planning this honeymoon...look out Travel Agents, you're getting consulted"

I think it is slightly worse now than when I lived with him, but back then it was just his never ending saga to upgrade his mountain bike (we lived in the city centre and he only ever rode it down the high street to uni and back, the one time we attempted a cycle ride and his tyre burst 20 minutes in) to the best thing ever. This is a bike which he paid nearly £2K for and he has now binned, less than 5 years later.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    An old flatmate of mine who's always been a bit of an arrogant tosser and seems to constantly have the perfect life (perfect grades at school with little effort, perfect grades at uni by doing every essay the night before, including his dissertation, perfect house, perfect fiance, goes from perfect job to perfect job, has the perfect car etc etc...) keeps posting these kind of updates:

"Looking for venues this weekend, watch out Highland Estates, we're coming to View you"

or

"Looking for caterers this weekend, look out Yellow pages...you're gonna get manhandled"

or

"Gonna HAVE to start planning this honeymoon...look out Travel Agents, you're getting consulted"

I think it is slightly worse now than when I lived with him, but back then it was just his never ending saga to upgrade his mountain bike (we lived in the city centre and he only ever rode it down the high street to uni and back, the one time we attempted a cycle ride and his tyre burst 20 minutes in) to the best thing ever. This is a bike which he paid nearly £2K for and he has now binned, less than 5 years later.

^^^ You do realise how jealous that makes you sound??
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A selection of one of my FB friends statuses (spelling is hers not mine)
    Am fining out who my real friends r .I can't being the women I am .yea I've gt tits an ars and blonde her dosent make me easy .god made me like this not me so don't blame me am just tasting the water x
    My friend just gone shopping with her kids .got followed around till the point I turn round and picked sum thing up and put down my top and turn round and said I fancy a strip search come and get it he soon f***ed off laughing his head of. pmsl .
    Forum Member
    ^^^ You do realise how jealous that makes you sound??

I disagree. I'm not jealous of him in the slightest, I wouldn't want any of his life. I am in no way ready or willing to have any of what he wants as it means he's settling down. That's not for me right now, I've got far too much I want to do before marriage and home owning comes into it. Just because I find his endless showing off tiresome doesn't mean I'm jealous! When these things happen in my life they will not be on Facebook, but then I'm not someone who seeks approval and attention of others from social media so barely anything from my life is on Facebook.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Joe Bloggs
    Born 08/05/2002 @ 12.11 am
    Due 21/04/2002
    Weighed 7lb 7oz

Jane Doe
    Born 06/06/2009 @ 15.21pm
    Due 29/06/2009
    Weighed 6lb 9oz

Love both my kids with every bone in my body xxxx MY LIFE x

^^ This was on a fb friend of mine's status tonight (names changed to protect the innocent). I read it and thought 'Who cares'?
  • Options
    starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    don't know if this is relevant to this thread but the worst thing I find about facebook overall is people posting photos of their friends in vulnerable positions like a friend of mine posted a few photos of another friend of mine kissing a guy while she was drunk. Very bad form I thought even though I know its supposed to be seen as 'oh its only a laugh putting up these photos' but still I didn't think that person was a true friend of that drunk friend posting photos like that all done as I can guess just to mock the person in front of others, what do other readers think?
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current trend of replacing "nasty" photos with Disney characters. Thanks, but no thanks, to either types of picture.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Blofeld wrote: »
    I disagree. I'm not jealous of him in the slightest, I wouldn't want any of his life. I am in no way ready or willing to have any of what he wants as it means he's settling down. That's not for me right now, I've got far too much I want to do before marriage and home owning comes into it. Just because I find his endless showing off tiresome doesn't mean I'm jealous! When these things happen in my life they will not be on Facebook, but then I'm not someone who seeks approval and attention of others from social media so barely anything from my life is on Facebook.

You do come across bitter and jealous though, Just putting that out there
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Why is it every pic, video, link etc "Will Blow Your Mind"?

I keep getting "this is amazing" videos come up on mine.

I dont know if people are sharing them or if its a virus automatically sending crap out.

The most annoying thing on fb right now is an aquaintence who i cant delete who has started sending me loads of private messages but they are all links to online petitions! I dont even look at them now but one was a petition to save a little run down church the other end of the country. Neither of us have been there so why would i be concerned with that? How did he even find it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    You do come across bitter and jealous though, Just putting that out there

I dont think he sounded jealous.

It does make me wonder though how these kinds of people coped before facebook? Years ago would these kinds of people be the loudmouth in the local pub bragging for attention?

I rarely post on my facebook and then people seem shocked at what im doing in life. I didnt feel the need to do constant updates about getting a house because it was of no concern to people i rarely see. When my partner and i decided to get married later this year i didnt do a big engagement announcement on facebook as none of them are going so it seems pointless.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I dont think he sounded jealous.

It does make me wonder though how these kinds of people coped before facebook? Years ago would these kinds of people be the loudmouth in the local pub bragging for attention?

I rarely post on my facebook and then people seem shocked at what im doing in life. I didnt feel the need to do constant updates about getting a house because it was of no concern to people i rarely see. When my partner and i decided to get married later this year i didnt do a big engagement announcement on facebook as none of them are going so it seems pointless.

Not only pointless, but you'd probably get a load of "Where's my invite?" comments or, worse, "Hmph. I see you've forgotten your friends. *angry face*" :D Very wise of you.

Ha - we'd probably get a load of DS Advice threads about "My facebook friend is a b1tch - she hasn't invited me to her wedding".
  • Options
    saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most attention seeking one yet..

"checking in" at the hospital..

lots of "whats ups" " is everything ok hun" etc etc

poster replies with - " just visiting someone"

Dear god.
  • Options
    Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Argh!!!!
    What fruit are you?
    What colour are you?
    What bird are you?
    What dried vegetable are you?
    What type of newspaper are you?
    What drink are you?
    What superhero are you?
    What soap are you?
    What supermarket are you?
    What car are you?
    What kids toy are you?
    What 18th Century painter are you?
    What book plant are you?
    What film are you?
    What sweets are you?
    What type of floor covering are you?
    What kind of table are you?
    What painkiller are you?
    What shape are you?
    What metal are you?
    What country are you?

I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them!! Been on FB for about 2yrs..mainly to play games...never post status....I know a lot of nice people but WHY do they all update status with misery??????????? Most do...heck ...find some real friends to talk to instead of depressing everyone!! Sorry....sad but true!
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any kind of "campaign".

What I'd like to know is, when you hide something, why can you still see it when you visit that person's own page. What is it about the word hide that's so difficult to understand?
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do get a bit bored with all of the 'my princess is so brave, she's just grown her first tooth' types of posts from all the mums on my timeline but I'd much rather those to 'gonna reck the town tonight' types of posts.

The worst ones though and I've got one friend on fb in particular who is notorious for it is the 'i'm so bored wot 2 do' and 'i've got the mega munchies and i've just eaten a 3 course meal' posts when she is quite grossly obese.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    announcing the pruning of their friends list and soliciting reasons you should be kept on, then the second announcement that if you can read the new status you aren`t in the half percent of the six hundred now gone.

massive ego.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    THE BOY IS THE BEST <3<3<3<3<3<3

- A fascinating update from a friend who literally thinks her boyfriend shits out the sun every night.
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to delete a family member the other day after their latest whinging post about something. She moans about something everyday but doesn't say what. Then the replies are only from her kids and she won't elaborate further. I could have hidden her but thought I'd just get rid.

Also, is taking a selfie with your new baby a new trend? Had three separate posts of them today alone.
    THE BOY IS THE BEST <3<3<3<3<3<3

- A fascinating update from a friend who literally thinks her boyfriend shits out the sun every night.

Haha. That made me laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ugh the endless pictures and heartfelt words about their siblings, because its national siblings day dont you know!

I googled it. Yes its kind of a real thing but it was YESTERDAY. Why are people jumping on the bandwagon now and clogging up facebook with happy siblingsday messages?
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh!!!!
    What fruit are you?
    What colour are you?
    What bird are you?
    What dried vegetable are you?
    What type of newspaper are you?
    What drink are you?
    What superhero are you?
    What soap are you?
    What supermarket are you?
    What car are you?
    What kids toy are you?
    What 18th Century painter are you?
    What book plant are you?
    What film are you?
    What sweets are you?
    What type of floor covering are you?
    What kind of table are you?
    What painkiller are you?
    What shape are you?
    What metal are you?
    What country are you?

I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!

This. So sick of these bloody things popping up. I feel like replying, "You're not a film, you're not a country, you're not an effing Disney villain." What is the attraction of these quizzes?!
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 'friend' who is selling Herbalife and her claims are getting worse by the day. Not comtent with claiming it would 'cure' my PCOS, it not can cure bi-polar and depression as well. That and the constant Herbalife photos, and the comments from other sellers about how amazing it is.

This is the same person who is panicking about an operation that could help her, yet had no issues when she was getting her DD implants done.... Maybe the Herbalife will help her there too?
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of mine has been wishing her parents happy birthday on her status, i wouldnt mind, IF her parents had facebook. They don't!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Yay all booked. Now we have something to look forward to"

Shes been online and so far three people have asked whats booked and shes ignored them all.

Attention seeking?