Do you primarily access (browse/post) DS via a PC?

IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm curious to see if there are more people who access the site via a desktop or laptop computer rather than mobile devices, such as a mobile phone or tablet, when out and about.

Personally I prefer browsing and posting here with my laptop as the screen is big enough to easily read the thread titles etc. but moreso its easier to type longer posts with a keyboard. I was out today and I used my new mobile phone to browse the site while travelling, I managed to post a few times and it worked ok but it made me wonder how many people maybe mainly use phones or tablets etc. to communicate on here, rather than the more traditional basic computer formats.

I noticed, while browsing via my phone, that some posts seemed to have a quite large font size and others didn't :confused: not sure why? another of the glitches caused by the recent site re-vamp perhaps?.

Do you primarily access DS via a PC? 73 votes

Yes, I tend to access DS on my desktop or laptop PC
73% 54 votes
No, I tend to access DS via a mobile phone, tablet etc.
26% 19 votes

Comments

• NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desktop 99% of the time. Generally have the forum open on one monitor whist I game on the others. Or if I'm on a long mining run in EVE then I use the in-game browser.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who mainly accesses it while at home. I somehow had an image of some/most people posting while out and about for some reason...not entirely sure why.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I access this site via the PC. I find it the most relaxing situation just to browse the threads. I also tend to post during the evenings.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desktop for me, kind of. It's a desktop PC but it's plugged into the telly and I'm chilling in my armchair with a wireless keyboard. You didn't need to know all that, but I like my lazy setup. :p

Anyway, yes I'm at home when I read and post on here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    Desktop for me, kind of. It's a desktop PC but it's plugged into the telly and I'm chilling in my armchair with a wireless keyboard. You didn't need to know all that, but I like my lazy setup. :p

Anyway, yes I'm at home when I read and post on here.

Sounds good :)
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who mainly accesses it while at home. I somehow had an image of some/most people posting while out and about for some reason...not entirely sure why.

I'm sure a lot of people are posting from work too which would be a third way, I suppose.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Quite frankly, Izzy, that's none of your business.

;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of people are posting from work too which would be a third way, I suppose.

I suppose thats true although I don't, we're not allowed to.
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Quite frankly, Izzy, that's none of your business.

;-)

I'm not forcing anyone to reply...im not a 'phone person' though, so wondered how out of date I am? lol if that even means anything?!.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How people post from phones baffles me. I have on occasion browsed forums on an iphone but it's tiny and fiddly :o
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't own a laptop so I use a desktop PC. I have used my phone before but the text is too small and it's just annoying to keep zooming in and out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I primarily use my iPhone to browse/post on the forums so I chose no, however it's ironic because I'm currently here on my laptop. :D

For the most part I don't have time to go on the laptop due to my one year old son wanting to eat the laptop as soon as he sees it so I use my mobile phone. It's not as easy to read threads, it takes longer to read and post but it's still quick. I do use the desktop version on my mobile though.
  • mark_bmark_b Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted laptop but I frequently use the mobile version too, when I'm being lazy in bed or when I'm out and about for example.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can work DS on my tablet, but I can barely get it on my phone at all. Leastways it's a right hassle.

Mostly use my trusty desktop still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    How people post from phones baffles me. I have on occasion browsed forums on an iphone but it's tiny and fiddly :o
    Were you using the desktop version of the forums on your mobile because it's tiny there. If you use the mobile version it's like anything else on a mobile, easy to read.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Mobi most of the time, the kids are usually on the laptop.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a computer most of the time. I do sometimes use my phone, but the text is so small. It's set to the correct site for a mobile. I am not quite ready to use a magnifying glass to see the text yet ... but not far off. :blush:
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use my desktop most of the time and my tablet occasionally.

I tend to frequent different sites on my tablet, not really sure why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TescoJeans wrote: »
    Were you using the desktop version of the forums on your mobile because it's tiny there. If you use the mobile version it's like anything else on a mobile, easy to read.

How do you access the mobile version of the site? I tend to browse via receiving email notifications of new posts in threads I subscribed to, clicking on the links in those, so I presume its the basic desktop version of the site that loads?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not anymore I barely use my laptop now as my iPhone pretty much does everything I need.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use a computer most of the time. I do sometimes use my phone, but the text is so small. It's set to the correct site for a mobile. I am not quite ready to use a magnifying glass to see the text yet ... but not far off. :blush:

Me too. It took a fortnight of help to get my laptop to a DS version I could read without runny eyes after the "upgrade":kitty: they did. I couldn't cope with looking at it on a phone.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you access the mobile version of the site? I tend to browse via receiving email notifications of new posts in threads I subscribed to, clicking on the links in those, so I presume its the basic desktop version of the site that loads?.
    I just had to try it on my phone now because I had forgotten. When in desktop version go to the DS home page and then click forums. It will reload as a mobile site. If you want to go back to using desktop then scroll to the bottom and click it.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PC only.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Posting on my tablet is a painfully sluggish experience so invariably I avoid it.

More and more I use my Chromebook but still use the desktop a lot (as now).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laptop for me. My wife has a tablet but I don't have a clue how to use it:blush:

My phone is more than 5 years old and doesn't have internet access.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'm curious to see if there are more people who access the site via a desktop or laptop computer rather than mobile devices, such as a mobile phone or tablet, when out and about.

Personally I prefer browsing and posting here with my laptop as the screen is big enough to easily read the thread titles etc. but moreso its easier to type longer posts with a keyboard. I was out today and I used my new mobile phone to browse the site while travelling, I managed to post a few times and it worked ok but it made me wonder how many people maybe mainly use phones or tablets etc. to communicate on here, rather than the more traditional basic computer formats.

I noticed, while browsing via my phone, that some posts seemed to have a quite large font size and others didn't :confused: not sure why? another of the glitches caused by the recent site re-vamp perhaps?.

Out and about, mostly a smart phone, sometimes a tablet. At home, a PC. A PC is far the easiest way when it comes to navigation, screen size wise, IMO.