Sue Townsend

moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,888
Forum Member
Very sad to hear of her death and to think we will never see Adrian collect his pension :(

I for one will really miss her work.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    RIP Sue Townsend. Very sad to hear. I'm going to re-read The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 this weekend as a tribute. I have read it a few times and it still makes me laugh out loud on every reading
  • terlterl Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Yes this is very sad.
    Adrian is the same age as myself, and I have followed him from the beginning - will miss reading his diaries .
    RIP sue Townsend
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Sue.

The Adrian Mole books brought me much joy over the years. So sad to think we'll never get another diary.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    What a sad news! I read a new book was being written but it makes me wonder now if it will be published.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Gutted. Superb writer.
    When i was a teen I used to read Adrian Mole to my mom while she did the ironing, and sometimes we would just had to stop because we couldn't stop laughing. Very good memories of those books. They are all very good, even the last ones did not lose the spark.

I picked up at a car boot sales last weekend, Queen Camilla, i really do not know what to expect, but i will start reading it this week in her memory. There is no best way to honour a writer than to read their words.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her books. Very sad news. Sad to think there will be no more Adrian Mole books. RIP
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    RIP, I read the AM books so many times over the years, Sue brought much happiness to my life and I thank her so much for that.

I'd hoped that there may have been another book in the pipeline but not sure if her failing health may have prevented that,
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed to hear about Sue's death. I was hoping for some more Adrian Mole.

You can't ever be too old for Mole can you? :D
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved reading her books.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    My favourite book among the Adrian Mole collection is 'The True Confessions of Adrian Mole', mainly because it includes that superb Diary of Margaret Hilda Roberts (teenage Maggie Thatcher) as an appendage.

It is a great bit of social commentary.
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she was half way or more through the next Adrian Mole book (working title of Pandoras Box). Hopefully her family will give permission for it to be released even in an unfinished state I'd love to read it.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad that Sue Townsend was given to us and devastated that she's been taken away.
    Those of you who have only read some of her books - please read more, they are all so very brilliant.