Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Xtina has the potential to be a great singer, but her technique is throaty and thin which restricts her power and range alot. Alot of people mistake her "Loudness" for power which is just wrong.

Despite having a naturally lighter voice, Beyonce makes the most of hers as she is trained perfectly.

But when she's keep her voice in control she's flawless and untouchable. Beyonce couldn't even outshine Jennifer Hudson vocally when they performed together.

Anyway lets just end this here and atleast you didnt say beyonce was a better singer which would be alie :blush:
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Slaying lmfao. :D

The song still drags though. Cut the first half and a bit more and it'd be much better lol. That second dress was awful. The first one was much better.

Well it fell out of the top 1500 yesterday so :p
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Sadly those days are in the past. We just have to accept that.
    Even during the HOH era they would get way more though, and her performance on "Where The Heart Is" in 2013 got quite a lot.
    She really needs to perform on a big show again...I'm not holding my breathe though.
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    As always I missed the beginning uh...But she looked amazing, I hope to get any video from that last performance!
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Even during the HOH era they would get way more though, and her performance on "Where Th Heart Is" in 2013 got quite a lot.
    She really needs to perform on a big show again...I'm not holding my breathe though.

Don't think these shows she's performing on get many views and not that many people care about a 2 minute daybreak interview when we've heard it all before in the past month.

Maybe when she gets back on bigger platformed shows it'll change
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I wonder if she got anymore promotion slots avaibale to promote "Where Do Hearts GO"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dinno wrote: »
    I wonder if she got anymore promotion slots avaibale to promote "Where Do Hearts GO"

Hope not, I want that song gone.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Hope not, I want that song gone.

I have to agree with this.
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sounds amazing which is what's annoying cause its getting wasted on awful songs :(
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dinno wrote: »

Hopefully not. The less promotion it gets the better tbh, the song just isn't commercial imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As always I missed the beginning uh...But she looked amazing, I hope to get any video from that last performance!
    Its on its way ;-)
    Don't think these shows she's performing on get many views and not that many people care about a 2 minute daybreak interview when we've heard it all before in the past month.

Maybe when she gets back on bigger platformed shows it'll change
    Perhaps.
    I thought Amazing Grace would do alright as the Hallelujah performance on Songs of Praise gets comments almost every day and is almost at 1m.

I feel really sad for Alex today. Bittersweet as she sounded incredible on every performance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that when she bacame an ambassador of Well Child, she promised them to release a charity single to donate them. She didn't want to waste any good song for that so she picked the weakest one.
    She wont promote it anymore though. That would be a waste of her money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the final performance -

HIGHER AND HIGHER -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqSFtKA920I

I'm going to make a thread in the music section for these...I want people to see her great vocals and lets face it, its not going to happen without me shoving it in their faces! :p
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    I think that when she bacame an ambassador of Well Child, she promised them to release a charity single to donate them. She didn't want to waste any good song for that so she picked the weakest one.

But it's on the album. It's weaker than anything on Overcome or even HOH, and doesn't give much hope for high quality music in the future. The production is terrible.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's no way we can be sure that WDHG is the weakest or one of the weakest songs on the album. For all we know this could be one of the strongest in Alex's eyes which is extremely worrying lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get in there guys! -
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=72266858#post72266858

Can someone do me a favour and make a thread for these in the ATRL video section? I don't use the forum anymore but think it would be great promo :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    There's no way we can be sure that WDHG is the weakest or one of the weakest songs on the album. For all we know this could be one of the strongest in Alex's eyes which is extremely worrying lol

Look at NMY and Shine, those songs are amazing! Alex worked with some good producers so I don't think that we'll get that weak songs. But you're right we can't be sure.. We can only hope :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that was probably our last tv performance until after bodyguard lmao emosh
    see y'all in 5 months xoxoxo kidding haha
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was probably our last tv performance until after bodyguard lmao emosh
    see y'all in 5 months xoxoxo kidding haha

5 months? if we're lucky lmao :D ;-)
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xtina has the potential to be a great singer, but her technique is throaty and thin which restricts her power and range alot. Alot of people mistake her "Loudness" for power which is just wrong.

Despite having a naturally lighter voice, Beyonce makes the most of hers as she is trained perfectly.

This, teach them.
    esesohsam wrote: »
    Both Christina and Beyonce have impeccable vocal technique. As for who is the best, that is entirely subjective!

Christina has NO singing technique
    And for anyone who missed it -

WHERE DO HEARTS GO (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Vp8_H99t0

tbh.. she slayed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guys can you focus on the main theme of this thread? It's Alexandra and not Xtina! :)
  • Options
    perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Those performances blew me away! She looked gorgeous, erhm, except in that dress while singing Where Do Hearts Go which reminded me of her Let It Go-era costumes. Everything on point, the background singers should follow her during live performances in the US too.
    And I think this made me love Where Do Hearts Go even more.
    Beyonce is the one that makes every hit and bullshit song sound incredible live, Alex is also climbing the same stairs! Bravo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys don't let this thread flop! I want people to see these performances :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1956967
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Wasn't keen on the box pattern dress, but otherwise, she looked and sounded amazing! Her voice has grown so much! Clearly in a different league to anyone there!