Options

Walliams Buzzer Moment Sank To An Alltime Low

Comments

• Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Walliams Golden choice won't be a challenge to genuine talent when we get to Semi Finals.:cool:
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    WOW - The show has really sunk to the depths of desperation with his WELL REHEARSED and STAGED buzzer moment.

This show is now off for good!

I agree that was just staged nonsense and a terrible way to end the show, the second episode was pretty poor in general to be honest compared to the first.
  • Options
    dragon_mutant1dragon_mutant1 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    Maybe if you got somebody to explain to you what football is about and the rules then maybe you would get it more and not get bored when watching?

Even that won't change my mind about football, would rather watch fun, entertaining, lighthearted programmes rather than watching a bunch of sweaty and stinking men running after a ball.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW - The show has really sunk to the depths of desperation with his WELL REHEARSED and STAGED buzzer moment.

Didn't you know EVERYTHING is REHEARSED and STAGED?

Those people you pass in the street, they're all actors. That person you last spoke to on the phone? Reading from a script.

IT'S ALL FAKEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

But hey, I trust since you hate it so much, you'll not be watching after this "new low" ?
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mind it too much. The dude won't win and he'll be among lots of other canon fodder in the semis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even that won't change my mind about football, would rather watch fun, entertaining, lighthearted programmes rather than watching a bunch of sweaty and stinking men running after a ball.

Fair enough if you're just not interested but in future then you should avoid criticising things you don't really know about.

I'll stop derailing the thread now :p
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's also patronising to Cristian who hasn't got a hope of going any further (unless the GBP get another Rage Against The Machine moment) It's a bit like laughing at the village idiot.

That's what I was thinking. That maybe a Facebook campaign may try to get him to win.
    Yes, we know that it was probably all rehearsed. Yes we know that if you vote you haven't outsmarted them because you're still giving them money so they always win.

But...I'm sure that Cowell wouldn't want him to actually win the show outright.
    Imagine the embarrassment Cowell would feel if this guy was the act who had to go on to the Royal Variety Performance and play in front of the Queen?
    That would be a moment I'd savour for a very long time.
    For this guy to be the advertisement for BGT and the shining beacon who represents Simon Cowell shows to the Queen at the Royal Variety Show, I couldn't think of anything being more perfect.
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think that about all sportsmen?
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the best moment all night for me
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would much rather just watch the acts and hear some real comments from the judges without any staged nonsense or sob storues.

And how would you know it wasn't staged if so? Unless there is someone who genuinely has proof of scripts or has been to recordings in theatres and has seen different to what I saw at the ICC in Birmingham, then I don't really believe it. I know some parts are orchestrated and acts are invited sometimes, however I can't see the golden buzzer moment being faked. I think most of this perception comes down to the editing IMO.
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    I agree that was just staged nonsense and a terrible way to end the show, the second episode was pretty poor in general to be honest compared to the first.

A terrible way to end the show :o
    You mean every other week since the show began years ago the best act of the night was always on last, & for ONCE just once I suspect we have had something different, the guy was awful but to me it was great TV.
    It matters not one jot he was totally talentless the predictable end did not materialise this time round & I'm sorry you seem really put out by a different ending to usual.
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz rich wrote: »
    A terrible way to end the show :o
    You mean every other week since the show began years ago the best act of the night was always on last, & for ONCE just once I suspect we have had something different, the guy was awful but to me it was great TV.
    It matters not one jot he was totally talentless the predictable end did not materialise this time round & I'm sorry you seem really put out by a different ending to usual.

Google " tarky Romania " and you will see that Christian appears to be an established reality "star" in his home country ..including of course on romania's got talent ;-)
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google " tarky Romania " and you will see that Christian appears to be an established reality "star" in his home country ..including of course on romania's got talent ;-)

Click here, scroll down and prepare for a shock .... Christians package, close up!

http://www.cancan.ro/showbiz/showbiz-intern/strigator-la-cer-un-cantaret-de-la-noi-si-a-postat-penisul-pe-facebook-vezi-poza-care-a-socat-romania-si-anglia.html?page116=3
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings will go down cause anyone with any sense was watched the critical football match that has turned the Premier League title race spinning.

Then we (as Liverpool fans) are all going to the pub now to celebrate.

We love LIVERPOOOOL :)
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scripted or not, Walliams golden buzzer moment, combined with his embarrassing and juvenile prancing around, demonstrated for once and for all that he is increasingly failing to entertain or amuse.

He should stick to writing children's books where his audience might appreciate his overall childishness.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Those people you pass in the street, they're all actors. That person you last spoke to on the phone? Reading from a script.

But hey, I trust since you hate it so much, you'll not be watching after this "new low" ?

Omg the sarcasm. Much edgy.

-

Seriously though. I hadn't seen Twitter/DS and caught the ITV2 repeat last night. It was obviously staged. The unnatural rehearsed reactions from Amanda and Alesha were the biggest giveaway.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its television so yes its scripted, but I agree its getting too much now. I only enjoyed two acts, the rest I dont really remember. The mc guys were the most over hyped act of the shows history. Found it boring. Otherwise same ol, too repetitive for my liking.

I dont react to sob stories anymore. I feel numb. It doesnt move me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    David on the desk on all fours pretending to hump his buzzer was pretty disturbing.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David on the desk on all fours pretending to hump his buzzer was pretty disturbing.

Disturbing - yes!

Pretty - NO!

The man is becoming a liability with his pathetic attempts at humour.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That golden buzzer was completely wasted on Christian. He was crap. I was gobsmacked by him putting this crap act through.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Methinks it is time to wave bye bye to Walliams.

The Golden Buzzer is there to make sure class acts get straight through to the final, not
    pathestic singers. Thanks for nothing Walliams.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    Methinks it is time to wave bye bye to Walliams.

The Golden Buzzer is there to make sure class acts get straight through to the final, not
    pathestic singers. Thanks for nothing Walliams.

I have to say that I'm not impressed by Walliams completely wasting that golden buzzer on that fella who can't even sing.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. I guess they want to appeal to a certain audience who disengage their brains whilst staring at the box and dialing up numbers on the screen.

I guess this is why The Voice got good ratings this years as at least theirs some genuineness about judges.

The Walliams buzzer moment was so insulting to its audience intelligence

.....and your post is insulting to mine.
  • Options
    furtivecatfurtivecat Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I think David Walliams was on something last night.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew I had seen that clown that Walliams put through before.
    X Factor audution .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zofj-gqCKIM