Streaming Videos from network to Humax HDR-1000s

HappymanUKHappymanUK Posts: 177
Forum Member
I'm trying to view videos stored on my network on the Humax HDR-1000s.

I have connected an external USB hard drive directly to my broadband router, as well as setting up one of my PC's as a media server.

Both the external drive and PC are showing in the server list on the Humax.

However, not all the photos, videos and music are showing. It seems very random.

Sometimes after a bit of a wait they will show, but I thought I should just be able to copy files to the area on the hard drive and they would be shown immediately on the Humax.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong ? - I don't believe it is the format of the files - as I have many in the same format but they don't all show.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Daniel

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The HDR-1000S is a DLNA client that expects a DLNA sever to supply content to it in a format that it understands. What DLNA server are you using?

You mention format - if you assume that to equal file extension - there are many that are container formats that can contain anything (such as AVI)
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a case of needing to wait for your media library to be updated.

If I put new files to share on my PC, they're not immediately seen on the Humax unless I've manually updated the library on the server.
  • HappymanUKHappymanUK Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    The HDR-1000S is a DLNA client that expects a DLNA sever to supply content to it in a format that it understands. What DLNA server are you using?

On the PC I guess I'm using Windows Media Player - It shows the Media Devices icon when I check in Network. Although I haven't been doing anything in Windows Media Player itself - but as I say, some things show up.

The other (USB drive connected to my broadband router), just shows as a Huawei Media Server, but there is no software for me to control anything.

Mickey_T - How does it work for you ? - Do you just copy files into the share and then wait ?

Thanks
    Daniel
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The folders you want to share must be the folders that WMP is setup to share (i.e. they can't just be a Windows share).
    Media sharing must be turned on at the Network level. (Windows 7 / 8) via the advanced settings in the Network and Sharing Center and the HDR-1000S must be allowed as an device.