Need for Speed: Rivals

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Can't really remember what the previous one looked like on PS3 but on PS4 it looks brilliant graphically & reminds me of BF4 in some ways with the light effects, particles etc & looks really sharp. The collisions look crap though. I've been playing it quite a bit the last few days on PS4 and after not initially liking it, it's great. If it's available in the upgrade system from PS3 to PS4, I recommend it. I love playing as the police and busting the other racers
    Using the same engine isn't that, that's probably why it looks like BF.

I don't think it looks that great outside of cars and weather effects, but good for cross-gen.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Was HP any good? It's only £3.99 on the PSN store sale at the mo.

I really enjoyed it. All the nfs games are slightly different, and I really enjoyed HP. I didn't enjoy the one in a city.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Was HP any good? It's only £3.99 on the PSN store sale at the mo.

Really good. I can't find my copy though, that's why I was so eager to get Rivals.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, will buy HP then - £3.99 on the store - amazing deal!
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The voice of the main character has got to be the dullest voice I've heard in my life! For a game that's meant to be about adrenaline rush driving, the voice couldn't be more out of place. I just skip through the cutscenes to the objectives now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    The voice of the main character has got to be the dullest voice I've heard in my life! For a game that's meant to be about adrenaline rush driving, the voice couldn't be more out of place. I just skip through the cutscenes to the objectives now.
    Cop or racers? I've only played as Cop so far and that's pretty dull and stereotypical.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cutscenes vo? Yeah, both dull.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I play this game on the PS4 it goes back to the start!?

I complete the training and it still never saves anybody else had this issue?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I play this game on the PS4 it goes back to the start!?

I complete the training and it still never saves anybody else had this issue?

Just got this for the ps4 and have no problems with it saving.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I set up a private race with friends?
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else have this game on PC ?. I'm asking because it keeps getting disconnected from the server and gets annoying as hell after a while and just wanted to know if this happened to them too. Thank god I have it on PS4 too. no problems with that version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas why this game looks brighter and sharper and runs faster on PS4? The Xbox one edition looks very dull colours wise.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloppy programming ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Sloppy programming ?

Who knows.

It's graphics are close to Drive club so not bad for a multi platform game. Hopefully some new Need for Speed titles get announced soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas why this game looks brighter and sharper and runs faster on PS4? The Xbox one edition looks very dull colours wise.

Because you're trying to start an argument?

Both games run at 1080p30, so no difference in clarity or speed. PS4 version features better graphical effects, because of reasons we all know the answer to.
    Who knows.

It's graphics are close to Drive club......

They really aren't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this pops up on the X1 dashboard saying ready to play, I finish up a few more missions on AC Unity before starting it up (meaning even more of the game has installed) I watch the opening cutscene and then...

...Installing tutorial 28%

What the hell >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    So this pops up on the X1 dashboard saying ready to play, I finish up a few more missions on AC Unity before starting it up (meaning even more of the game has installed) I watch the opening cutscene and then...

...Installing tutorial 28%

What the hell >:(

The joy of Xbox One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas why when I play this game it goes back to cop/racer every time? Since I owned this game I get right into the game and end up back here?