Options

Tina v. Lucy

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
Some of you will think I am ridiculous for creating this thread, but I am drunk at this moment in time so oh well!

Which 'whodunnit' are you leaning more towards?

Which 'whodunnit' do you care most about? 113 votes

Lucy (EastEnders)
79% 90 votes
Tina (Coronation Street)
20% 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Nothing ridiculous about it Mr James!

As far as whodunnits, I don't know that either of them has been done particularly well (although we have to wait and see with Tina's and perhaps EE and Corrie can redeem themselves with the aftermath), but I'm more interested in Tina's. I'm annoyed with her storyline at the moment, but I'm more looking forward to her death (I know, I'm evil :D). I didn't really care one way or the other about Lucy.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great another "my soap is better than your soap" just what we needed.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member

I've had a few too many drinks, I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I care most about Lucy's 'whodunnit' than Tina's but looking more forward to Tina's murder can't stand her!
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care most about Lucy's 'whodunnit' than Tina's but looking more forward to Tina's murder can't stand her!

This. I did start to like Lucy's character during the build up to her death and I'm sorry they've killed her off.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

98% of your posts are 'my soap is better than your soap'.
  • Options
    MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member

and yet you're the first (and only) one to start with the negativity/ conflict. ;-)

Lucy's death seems to have been approached in a 'unique' way, and will most likely have much more impact, given how she was born on the show and has alot of family ties in the show. With Tina, it just seems like a bog-standard 'ratings grabbing' whodunnit, at the expense of her character. It just seems lazy in comparison.

Hopefully, if done right, this EastEnders one will set a new standard for 'whodunnits' because honestly, I hate this type of storyline with a passion, atleast in the way soaps have approached them before now.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    98% of your posts are 'my soap is better than your soap'.

I don't mention Corrie in an EE thread and vice versa so get your facts right.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member

And this from the poster who is single-handedly responsible for 90% of the 'my soap is better than your soap' content on this board....
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy's, despite the fact that I've been loyal to Corrie for years and only started watching EE again this week :p Having said that I do think Tina's murder storyline will be great and I'm looking forward to the aftermath of the revelation of the affair and her murder, but I think Lucy's has potential to be exceptional!
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble with Tina's is I've known too long, I must have seen she was leaving about a year ago now maybe longer so I'm like "just get on with it" now and feel like I'm past caring who does it and she isn't even dead yet, that's not to say it will be rubbish as obviously no one can say until it's shown but right now I couldn't give two hoots about the storyline as it's already dragged on without getting to the death and aftermath bit yet
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    Some of you will think I am ridiculous for creating this thread, but I am drunk at this moment in time so oh well!

Lucy because Tina has been given a personality transplant making her selfish and unlikeable and I actually cant wait to hear shes gone.Secondly Corries last who done it was only 2 years ago and such events are losing their impact and it was predictable.Thirdly I think its a big mistake killing Tina off.
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina's actual death will probably be more interesting because we're likely to see her die and there's suspects already on the street.

Lucy's is more interesting for me because she's been ambiguous in recent years - we're going to find out more about her in the months to come and also, her death will properly shake the community and the family she leaves behind. There's no obvious suspect, it's all up in the air.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member

Lmao, that's ritch coming from you. :D
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I think Tina's death in one sense will be more tragic than Lucy's, precisely because she is quite a lonely character with just a few key links on the street and no family who seem to give a damn. She's put everything into her 'relationship' with Peter and is deluding herself. However there's also the fact that her character is being butchered to facilitate that. But at the same time I can't help but think the Lucy mystery element is partly a way of getting away with the same thing in a more interesting
    manner.

I'm looking forward to both playing out though.The Beale's reactions are sure to be heartbreaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When does the OP state that anywhere in this thread? Hmm, Is this just yet another deliberate attempt from you in order to rile various forum members up? :D
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »

I personally am looking forward to Lucy's, this is because the character is from the shows roots, she is from an iconic family. Where Tina isn't a part of Corries foundations, she isn't really an relevantly important character, even more so since Blackburns personality assassination on her.

I cant judge which one is best as obviously Corries hasn't been aired.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Lucy's death, it's been stated many times but she has more family to grieve for her. :)
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think that the thread is an excellent idea, nobody is saying that one soap is better than the other, simply discussing who they feel is going to have the more compelling murder storyline and I think that's an interesting thread of discussion. It does allow for people like me who only really watch one show to come in and vote for their favourite but that's the nature of the beast really I guess right?

I think it feels like despite having all the time in the world to make it seem a big deal so far Coronation Street haven't hyped up the Tina storyline like Eastenders have theirs. I can't tell for sure but it seems like Eastenders have gone out off their way to make Lucy's death not just a normal whodunit and it shows whereas the Tina death looks like it will be the same kind of thing and a lot of people don't seem sold on it so far.
  • Options
    Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Lucy, mainly because of the Beale family. Seeing Ian crying in those pics has broken my heart already :( You can tell it's going to be hard to watch.

If Tina hadn't changed so drastically I'd probably care more about that sl, but I can't say I'm really bothered or looking forward to it. I just want to be able to watch Corrie without seeing her pining after Peter every five minutes. :)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina as she needs dealing with.
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I know I'm biased towards EE because it's the only soap I watch, but tons of Corrie fans are turning against the show in frustration of the Peter/Tina story, which has apparently given her a complete personality transplant and a bunch of contrived reasons for people to hate her. Both seem to drag on until at least Christmas but in Lucy's story the killer is not the only secret waiting to be revealed. Instead of who shot/stabbed/pushed Tina, it's much more complex and looks set to twist and turn the whole way through.

There's only so many times characters can act suspicious for no reason and that soon gets boring. Lucy is central to Walford history so her death will have a far greater impact than some tart who dies without a friend in the world.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tina's death will be more tragic as she doesn't really have anyone close. There will probably be the expected Peter getting drunk scenes and Rita crying but who else will care?
    There is a lot of hype around the Eastenders death and the stories unfolding around Lucy's secrets will be interesting.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they have both been handled really badly.

In Lucy Beale we have a potentially iconic character in the hands of a weak actor who has gone almost overnight from being a bland background character to a nymphomanic drug addict. In the build up to her death situations have been contrived to create background clues and suspects that are just ridiculous.

Tina was a good character who has been ruined by over-exposure and another complete character transplant, one that has been going on longer than Lucy Beale's metamorphosis. The out of nowhere affair with Peter has probably been the last straw for a lot of people but I've loathed her since the surrogacy plot.

So for me, and a lot of people, it's two characters I don't care about. A weak actor or an overhyped actor? I'll just be glad to see the back of the pair of them.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Is that because EastEnders has got 87 votes to Corries 21?

I don't know how you can possibly comment given all you do it slate EastEnders and praise corrie in the same sentence.

I think you have a cheek in fact.