Options

Roy Grace Novels

Comments

• Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Khyra wrote: »
    Have just finished Perfect People - Loved it even if I did work out the plot about 3/4 of the way through the book. When the police and the inspector came into the story I kept expecting Roy Grace to appear though.

The first 7 chapters of Not Dead Yet are in the back of Perfect People must admit I read them before I statred Perfect People. Waiting for it to come out in paperback as all the other books I have in the Roy Grace series are in paperback.

My favourite Roy Grace stories - so far - are Dead Mans Footsteps and Dead Tomorrow.

I absolutely loved Perfect People and didn't mind it veering into a bit of sci-fi. It was fun, entertaining, and kept my attention throughout (which is a rare thing with books!). I haven't read any of his other books
  • Options
    kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else catch the sneaky Roy Grace mention on Holby city tonight?,it would appear Mr.Griffin is a fan,lol
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just (finally) finished Not Dead Yet and must say I really enjoyed it, a much better read than Dead Man's grip, although I had worked out some of what was going on. This would make an excellent drama series, and the Sandy stuff..:eek:

When's the next one due out, anyone know?
  • Options
    mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    I read all of the series one after the other except Dead Man's Grip. I also read Perfect People too but much prefer the Roy Grace series....just brilliant and highly addictive. :)

I agree with the poster that said this would make an excellent drama series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!!!!! Just spotted on Amazon that the next Roy Grace instalment is due for release in June!!!! EXCELLENT news :D
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    The plot for his latest book sounds fantastic.

I read #1 and #2 in the series a few years ago but started Not Dead Enough and then couldn't get into it. My city centre library reopened last week after a 3 year refurb and all their books are brand new, so I took out Not Dead Enough and the rest of the series and I'm just over halfway through #3, I can't put it down and can't wait to reach the end.

They are incredibly long reads though :eek: Grace is a fantastic character, I'm just not a fan of the name.. reminds me of an old man's name!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy Grace number 9 - "Dead Man's Time" - published today :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ And it is absolutely FANTASTIC. I got it for £3.95 on Kindle but the price appears to have doubled now! I am devastated to have finished it, I have spent the past two weeks with Roy Grace and have no idea what to read next. :(
  • Options
    Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought "Not Dead Yet" a few months back when it was a Kindle special offer. I'm just wondering whether this is a series where the books can be read out of order, or do I need to read them in sequence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ You do really need to read them in sequence. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    ^ And it is absolutely FANTASTIC. I got it for £3.95 on Kindle but the price appears to have doubled now! I am devastated to have finished it, I have spent the past two weeks with Roy Grace and have no idea what to read next. :(

I didn't realise there was a new RG book out!

Is there lots of Sandy stuff in it?
  • Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise there was a new RG book out!

Is there lots of Sandy stuff in it?
    A little but not nearly enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, loved it, loved it.

When is the next one out !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Early summer 2014 apparently (and that came straight from the horse's mouth!:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is anybody else bored with the whole Sandy thing? It seems like James wants to drag it out for as long as possible.
    Roy really needs to know she's alive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Is anybody else bored with the whole Sandy thing? It seems like James wants to drag it out for as long as possible.
    Roy really needs to know she's alive!

I agree -time to bring it out into the open
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ I agree too. It started off as a brilliantly tantalising subplot but it's really gone too far now! I think an explosive climax is long overdue - hopefully PJ has deliberately saved it for Roy Grace number 10 (hint hint :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just ordered it!....

Looking forward to reading it,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished it...Good read, and what an ending, did anyone do the interactive book thing on the front?

And as for Sandy
    It's about time she was sorted out, it's dragging for too long now!
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead mans time 99p on kindle today!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Just reading Dead Man's Time and really enjoying it, glad the Sandy storyline is being discussed. I read the odd one or two and then went back to the start of the series and was up to book 6, when I saw Dead man's time in my local library and thought I have to read that and get up to speed!
    Everything seems to happen in quite a short space of time doesn't it? I'm sure I was reading book 4 or 5 with Glenn living in Roy's house and he's still there in the current book, but he says it's been a few months?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi! Just recently discovered Peter James (loving his work!) and I am on Book 2. The Sandy thing is already driving me crazy. Could someone PM me to let me know what we know about Sandy so far up to Book 9? I have bought the series but cannot wait to read through it all to find out! lol With 3 small kids it is taking me ages to finish each book!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone read the new one "Want you Dead" yet?

Its still a bit pricey on Amazon and while I want to read it I really hope it finishes off the Sandy plot as it has gone on far too long
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OxfordGirl wrote: »
    Anyone read the new one "Want you Dead" yet?

Its still a bit pricey on Amazon and while I want to read it I really hope it finishes off the Sandy plot as it has gone on far too long

I didn't know there was a new one out...:blush:

Off to Amazon to check it out!
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't resist reading the end of want you dead in tescos.