Options

Gordon Brown's new video

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Is this is his new image? If so it is laughable, all that fake smirking and smiling was cringe making.

Just wait for the election when there will be smiling posters of him everywhere. <<Shudder>>

He'd be much better sticking to the dour boring image. A serious man for serious times.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Brown will put in a guest appearance and he will stand beside Darling as he makes his budget speech. A sort of double act.

His forced smile and grin will be an asset to what will be for many a gloomy budget he may even have big dummy hand similar to a prop that Kenny Everett used pointing the finger at Darling and banging him constantly over the head Benny Hill style as Darling makes his speech. This should complete the new Gordon Brown's TV image we have grown to love over the years from the dour miserable Scot to a grinning well loved comedian, an asset to his party.
  • Options
    TKDFanTKDFan Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    I wonder if Brown will put in a guest appearance and he will stand beside Darling as he makes his budget speech. A sort of double act.

His forced smile and grin will be an asset to what will be for many a gloomy budget he may even have big dummy hand similar to a prop that Kenny Everett used pointing the finger at Darling and banging him constantly over the head Benny Hill style as Darling makes his speech. This should complete the new Gordon Brown's TV image we have grown to love over the years from the dour miserable Scot to a grinning well loved comedian, an asset to his party.

Little and Large? :D
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TKDFan wrote: »
    Little and Large? :D

No, The Chuckle Brothers:D
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GazP wrote: »
    It comes accross as false. Plastic smiles for the cameras. I wonder who will replace him, the dark lord perhaps?

Vordermort??
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he strarted moaning abour how few young people want to be politicians when they grow up I thought let them become doctors, firemen etc first and then encourage them into politics. Perhaps then the politicians will have some understanding of the things they legislate.

Brown is no Obama. He's not a natural speaker and the camera doesn't do him any favours so he should steer away from making U-tube videos because it's painfully obvious that he's operating outside of his comfort zone.

It was similar to why 55 year olds should stop dressing like their kids.

As for the content, pure politics. Following McBrides e-mail scandal Brown is trying to claim the moral high ground from Cameron and Clegg who were quick to call for a change to expense rules.

When he said "every MP I know wants to live by the rules" he clearly doesn't realise the problem. They didn't break the rules - they bled them dry and demonstrated what a bunch of self serving, morally bankrupt bottom feeders they are.
    His daily payment idea is even less transparent than the current one. It's not the legitimate need for accomodation near Westminster that its the problem. It's the fact that they claim for everything up to and including the kitchen sink.

Besides, as he said these are just 'interim proposals' which usually translates as meaning that nothing will change until after the review.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    The contrast between that image and the beginning of the video is terrifying- Brown would have made a great psycho killer in a 1950s B movie...
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, even when The Prime Minister does something that you lot have been baying for, all you can do is criticise the delivery. I think there's a word for that......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    Oh dear, even when The Prime Minister does something that you lot have been baying for, all you can do is criticise the delivery. I think there's a word for that......

What word would that be ........ Flyboy? That man Brown is a bloody embarrassment to mankind. Is he actually real, from that video he appears to be something likened to some cartoon character.

His Government is disintegrating before his very eye, every day there is some minister or another making a complete arse of him or herself in full view of the public at large.

If it was not such a serious situation regarding the economy it would be a great joke such is the general stupidity of everything they appear to do, it is one lumbering disaster after another.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret Thatcher once said something like "when people attack one personally it's because they don't have a single political argument left.

Seems she was right ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret Thatcher once said something like "when people attack one personally it's because they don't have a single political argument left.

Seems she was right ;)

I can just see Maggie now confronted with Brown across the Commons, she would treat him with the utter contempt he deserved. The man weedled and crawled to get Blair's job, he got it and although I did not like Blair he was a far better PM than Brown will ever be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Point proven, I'd say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    What word would that be ........ Flyboy? That man Brown is a bloody embarrassment to mankind. Is he actually real, from that video he appears to be something likened to some cartoon character.

His Government is disintegrating before his very eye, every day there is some minister or another making a complete arse of him or herself in full view of the public at large.

If it was not such a serious situation regarding the economy it would be a great joke such is the general stupidity of everything they appear to do, it is one lumbering disaster after another.

Ooh...there are many, but I'll start with "sour grapes!"
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS37nnFYzZ0&feature=channel

He's livened it up now to appeal to 'da yoof :D
  • Options
    nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both the lib dems and tories have rejected this badly thought out plan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I am gutted to be part of this country with this fool at the top.

His body language advisers are awful; His face gets angry when talking about 'members of parliament' (48 secs). The whole thing becomes rushed and more comedy than politics.

I have seen the whole video, but doubt any more comment will be needed, it is awful stuff and he should step down as he seems unfit.

I can't be bothered with this fraud of a man.

I feel embarrassed for him, not sorry.

Sooner gone, sooner better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh...there are many, but I'll start with "sour grapes!"

"Sour Grapes"!!!!!!!!!!! For what he has done to the economy and for that video. That must be the joke of the year Flyboy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rupstoh wrote: »
    I am gutted to be part of this country with this fool at the top.

His body language advisers are awful; His face gets angry when talking about 'members of parliament' (48 secs). The whole thing becomes rushed and more comedy than politics.

I have seen the whole video, but doubt any more comment will be needed, it is awful stuff and he should step down as he seems unfit.

I can't be bothered with this fraud of a man.

I feel embarrassed for him, not sorry.

Sooner gone, sooner better.

Then go live somewhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both the lib dems and tories have rejected this badly thought out plan.

Well, that's hardly a surprise really is it, really. Seeing as the Tories stand loose the most. All those moonlighting second jobs for their rich buddies, they don't want those exposed, do they.
  • Options
    nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's hardly a surprise really is it, really. Seeing as the Tories stand loose the most. All those moonlighting second jobs for their rich buddies, they don't want those exposed, do they.

Or, god forbid, that the plans a load of ill thought out nonsense that was thought up without consultation from either opposition party (going against what Gordon said he would do) and pre-empting the enquiry (again going againgst what Gordon said he was going to do) whilst actually making it more difficult for any outside agency to analyse.
    Plus it makes politicians even more unpopular with the public, getting paid for going to work is just a joke.

Plus all opposition politicians will take second jobs, if the current government get voted into opposition they will do the same thing to top up their income due to the loss of their ministerial wages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Second jobs are a matter of record and not something that would be exposed.
    Given the exposure of new labour abuse of expenses I'm sure labour apologists would have exposed any moonlighting by now.
    If we want to talk about rich buddies let's start with Mandelson and his antics throughout the new labour years.

Your politics seem to be stuck in a time warp some time around the Jarrow March yet you applaud a unilateral measure by Brown to reward MPs to the tune of 25K a year for doing their job for which they are already paid handsomely. Yet another sum of money for the soon to be unemployed labour MPs to trouser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like I said, "sour grapes." As usual the Tories are happy to moan about the fact that they didn't didn't come up with the idea and offer no alternative proposals. They pander to the tabloids with empty rhetoric and no substance.