Danny Gokey makes Chart History with his Debut Album!

2»

Comments

• Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    BlueMood wrote: »
    Though Danny's voice is suited to and capable of Soul, I think he has made a very clever choice in turning to Country. It may limit his potential outside of America but I don't think Danny ever had much of that anyway, though I always felt that he was potentially the biggest seller of the four in America itself.

Adam has been given better material, and better production, than I can ever remember any contestant being given on their debut album. Not something that has gone unnoticed by other fanbases. The material on Kelly, Carrie and Jordin's first albums was far more generic and formulaeic (whatever that is because none of them were going to come out with Mongolian throat music). Totally unimaginative, predictable and shockingly worthy of the material Pop Idol and X Factor contestants were given pre-Leona.
    Was he given any alternative? I don't think he had global domination at his fingertips, either. But you can count the former AI finalists who have even come close on one hand.

Evidently someone is making a pretty bad job of choosing his singles then, because both are extremely poor. For Your Entertainment (the track, rather than the album) is about as "formulaic" as you could get, and could've been recorded by any number of acts. And Whataya Want From Me sounds like an East European Eurovision entry. I don't particularly care for Jordin's pop/r&b thing, but at least the songs are fresh and catchy. And Carrie's debut sold phenomenally well. Maybe Adam's album is hiding lots of fine work he can be proud of. But based on the singles so far, I won't be fool enough to waste the cash on finding out any time soon.
  • Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever, hun! Adam's album is the first debut by any contestant I've ever wanted to and not felt compelled to playing a second time.