Options

Why Do Threads Get Removed?

soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm puzzled - Why was the thread about 'Predict The Next simon cowell act to Bomb' removed??????

Comments

• Options
    coffee_monstercoffee_monster Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Because people get very defensive and angry that their favourite act (Joe) is getting criticised. Non-Joe fans (those evil haters) should just leave him along because he's a lovely, grounded lad with an astounding vocal and perfect pop star image that is just following dream.
  • Options
    Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Descended into World War Three :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave Hawk wrote: »
    Descended into World War Three :p

But we were being civil to each other by the time it got deleted!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because people get very defensive and angry that their favourite act (Joe) is getting criticised. Non-Joe fans (those evil haters) should just leave him along because he's a lovely, grounded lad with an astounding vocal and perfect pop star image that is just following dream.

Well Joe is a lovely grounded lad with an astounding vocal, who, obviously, put much effort into winning The X Factor. You don't improve, to the extent Joe has, without painstaking time and effort

On stage, he both looks and sounds stunning yet he's able to project a humility that many people find attractive. He radiates an inner goodness. None of this "Hey, look at me" cockiness with wor ;) Joe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glorfindel wrote: »

That's what I thought. We'd rescued it from being a hate fest and were having quite an interesting discussion about SC and relative investment in X Factor v the acts from the show.

There is a growing conspiracy theory that Simon Cowell actually reads these threads with his finger poised ominously over the "delete" button. Anything other than unquestioning love sent in his direction will be vetoed. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Joe is a lovely grounded lad with an astounding vocal, who, obviously, put a lot of time and effort into winning The X Factor. You don't improve, to the extent Joe has, without painstaking time and effort

On stage, he both looks and sounds stunning yet he's able to project a humility that many people find attractive. He radiates an inner goodness. None of this "Hey, look at me" cockiness with wor ;) Joe

Dave, not wishing to start world war four, :rolleyes: but do you see how your constant statements like this will be seen as provocative to non Joe fans?

Just a tad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sweet. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a condescending post... I am a rather big Joe fan as I think most of the people in the AP thread would tell you. But that does not mean I expect everyone to like Joe nor do I get huffy if someone states that fact. What I do dislike is people who persistently make attacks against him, or make fun of those who are fans *cough*. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I thought. We'd rescued it from being a hate fest and were having quite an interesting discussion about SC and relative investment in X Factor v the acts from the show.

There is a growing conspiracy theory that Simon Cowell actually reads these threads with his finger poised ominously over the "delete" button. Anything other than unquestioning love sent in his direction will be vetoed. :D

Indeed! I've gone to hide from the imminent arrival of Simon's ninja assassins's at my house. Am clutching my cat and my laptop under the piano...;)
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did wonder to be honest ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PMSL!

Thread closure coming in 10...9...8...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd noticed ;). Mind you I'm a feisty combative soul at the best of times. My American friends reckon I'm the reincarnation of Harry S "Give 'em Hell" Truman. It's a compliment since presidential historians rank him among the near greats ;). He, arguably, made the toughest decision any American president has ever had to make. Needs must. It forced the Japanese surrender
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd noticed ;). Mind you I'm a feisty combative soul at the best of times. My American friends reckon I'm the reincarnation of Harry S "Give 'em Hell" Truman. It's a compliment since presidential historians rank him among the near greats ;). He, arguably, made the toughest decision any American president has ever had to make. Needs must. It forced the Japanese surrender

He'd have hated Joe though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave, not wishing to start world war four, :rolleyes: but do you see how your constant statements like this will be seen as provocative to non Joe fans?

Just a tad?

Why should it provoke any non-Joe fans, TD? It's not like I'm dissing any of the other finalists ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMSL!

7...6...5...4... :eek:

Runs and hides behind the sofa dragging hubby and laptop with me. Hubby is looking a bit bemused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek::D:D

I think he'd have been an Olly fan myself...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::D:D

I think he'd have been an Olly fan myself...

I think he'd have watched Strictly Come Dancing. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he'd have watched Strictly Come Dancing. :D

:D:D:D

You can have your conspiracy hat now btw!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

No, he wouldn't. Truman was economically 'progressive' and Joe's a working class kid done good. That said, he couldn't get all he wanted to accomplish through a 'rightwing' Congress. And civil and voting rights had to wait until the 'uncivil rights' reformer, LBJ, was elected in 1964

The incumbent president is encountering much the same problem as Truman did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

You can have your conspiracy hat now btw!;)

Aww thankyou. I'll treasure it always. :D
  • Options
    SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    PMSL!

*Axes thread with my shiny axe*. :D

It's OK Moderators - I've axed this thread for ya.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should it provoke any non-Joe fans, TD? It's not like I'm dissing any of the other finalists ;)

Overuse of superlatives Dave. Not everyone will agree with you and some will disagree here.

The problem is not so much that you write what you write. There is nothing wrong with loving Joe. The problem is the response you and others give to folks (like me) who politely disagree with you. You struggle to keep it nice.

Perhaps we shouldn't pursue this too much further or it will go the same way as the last thread. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I'm Simon Cowell! Hehe :p

*runs*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SILLY SUE wrote: »

*Axes thread with my shiny axe*. :D

It's OK Moderators - I've axed this thread for ya.

Looks worriedly up at SILLY SUE. Are you Simon's PA? Or Mezghany-thingy's alter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ILoveDS wrote: »
    I'm Simon Cowell! Hehe :p

*runs*

There's more than one? So Simon Cowell is not like Highlander (there can be only one) He's more like the Borg? :eek:
This discussion has been closed.