Options

Putting rubbish in other peoples bins.

mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
Forum Member
✭✭
Have you ever done this or is it something you wouldn't ever consider doing?

I as because our bins get full enough every 2 weeks but on occasion I have had extra rubbish and I just know I end up with a back log. Now I don't trawl the neighbours bins for space but on bin day when all the bins are lined up together I have on the times I have had an extra bag just popped it into my neighbours bin :o Does that make me abit gross? I wouldn't mind if someone put an odd bag in my bin if I ever had the space.

Comments

• Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody put their shitty kids nappies in my green bin I had to wait weeks for the Incompetent council to get round to emptying it as it was a contaminated bin.
    I would have throttled the Bastards who did it.
  • Options
    guest5234guest5234 Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with putting rubbish in a neighbours bin if it is half full as long as it is well bagged up, why should anyone care?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Somebody put their shitty kids nappies in my green bin I had to wait weeks for the Incompetent council to get round to emptying it as it was a contaminated bin.

Thats disgusting!!!!

I am not surprised you wanted to kill them! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guest5234 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with putting rubbish in a neighbours bin if it is half full as long as it is well bagged up, why should anyone care?

Oh yeah, the bins were emptied this morning and the woman who lives on her own had put her bin out and there was barely anything so I put one bag in it, tied up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    Have you ever done this or is it something you wouldn't ever consider doing?

I as because our bins get full enough every 2 weeks but on occasion I have had extra rubbish and I just know I end up with a back log. Now I don't trawl the neighbours bins for space but on bin day when all the bins are lined up together I have on the times I have had an extra bag just popped it into my neighbours bin :o Does that make me abit gross? I wouldn't mind if someone put an odd bag in my bin if I ever had the space.

No I wouldn't. I might ask though. You can order bigger bins 'family sized ones' they're called.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong in asking if you can do it beforehand? :)
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a caretaker I do this all the time on my estates, pick up the litter from the courtyards and grass and dump it in the nearest bin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    What's more annoying is people dumping garden rubbish. My dad is always finding bagged up garden cuttings dumped at the end of his gate on collection date. I'm sure it's a professional gardner or someone doing it!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think as long as you put the right rubbish in the correct bin its ok, but i wouldnt want to be caught doing it
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We discuss it among neighbours , as we pay per pick up , one week one neigbour puts it out and we can put our bags in , another week I do and they are welcome .
    But I think its downright rude to simply put something in someones property without a by your leave .
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    We've got 3 bins (general, garden and recycling) collected on a fortnightly cycle (general one week, the other two the other).

With 3 kids and a garden, sometimes our bins are quite full. Our neighbours (a retired couple) have always said we can put stuff in their bin if we're struggling. We always double check though - it's just polite.

Wouldn't just dump stuff in someone's bin without asking though.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I could never do it, our neighbours have done it on occasion, and we have had to fish it out and put it by their full bin, just so that we can put our own rubbish in our own bin, thye also dump plastic in our green bin . I see it as rude and inconsiderate, of course if there is a deal between neighbours, and the neighbour is asked if its ok, and they dont have an overflowing bin, then of course it is acceptable, but its the sneaky ones who then fill our bins when we still have rubbish to put out, that I hate.

Thoughtless.
  • Options
    CalphurniaCalphurnia Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't fill mine to the top very often before taking it out, and don't need to take it out every week, so people do this with my bin and it is annoying. If I saw them do it I'd take the rubbish out and chuck it in their garden. For two reasons.

One, they don't put it in properly (some things not bagged up) and considering how petty the council are getting these days, it'd be just my luck to get a fine because of somebody else's lack of consideration/stupidity.

Two, the bin collection round here is ridiculous and unreliable. A few weeks ago, some cheeky tw@bag had filled up my bin so there was no space for the bags I needed to put in. I ended up having them stuck in the house for nearly a week thanks to that. I'd've taken them out, but again, with my luck I'd probably have been caught/reported and fined for it.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guest5234 wrote: »
    What if they had planned to put a load of bags in their own bin then come to find someone else has done it?!
    One of my neighbours put some well-ragged old rug in my bin - even when my son told her not to! I went out there and dumped it right on top of her own bin - and it was gone the following week.
    nitpick wrote: »
    Nothing wrong in asking if you can do it beforehand? :)
    Exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek:
    Thats disgusting!!!!

THIS ! ..... and .........

I am not surprised you wanted to kill them! :mad:

THIS .

:mad:
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    Generally, I don't have enough rubbish to necessitate putting my rubbish in someone else's bin. I don't mind though if someone wants to put rubbish in mine.

What I do mind is someone else 'borrowing' my bin if I'm at work when the bin lorry comes round. This has happened so regularly that I now have a small sized back up bin as well as a normal sized one. Well, I would have a small sized back up bin if some some git hadn't 'borrowed' it last bin day. :mad:
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If our bin is full we put the excess in someone's not full bin on bin day. I don't see the problem. They are welcome to do the same and sometimes do. It's not as if it's harming anyone. They get an empty bin back at the end of it.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

How do you know it was their kids, it could have been someone else's that had been dumped in their bin and they then dumped them in your bin :D
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People do it all the time with mine. I think they must wait until I go to work. On a few occassions I've had rubbish bags dumped in my garden. I don't know who is doing it and neither the Council or the Housing Association seem to be bothered.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calphurnia wrote: »
    I don't fill mine to the top very often before taking it out, and don't need to take it out every week, so people do this with my bin and it is annoying. If I saw them do it I'd take the rubbish out and chuck it in their garden. For two reasons.

One, they don't put it in properly (some things not bagged up) and considering how petty the council are getting these days, it'd be just my luck to get a fine because of somebody else's lack of consideration/stupidity.

Two, the bin collection round here is ridiculous and unreliable. A few weeks ago, some cheeky tw@bag had filled up my bin so there was no space for the bags I needed to put in. I ended up having them stuck in the house for nearly a week thanks to that. I'd've taken them out, but again, with my luck I'd probably have been caught/reported and fined for it.

Just take them out and leave them on the pavement,they're not your bags,not your problem. And if some council busybody tries to fine you for flytipping or whatever tell em to f**k off and let it go to court where any judge or magistrate with even an ounce of common sense would throw the case out.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Soon households will be rewarded for cutting down on waste.

I'd be p155ed off if my bin was getting full by some one elses rubbish!!
  • Options
    vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes chuck a chocolate wrapper or something in a random person´s bin, if there are no others nearby. I wouldn´t ever put a whole bag of rubbish in though, and would be very annoyed if someone did it to me. Even if the bin is half empty, you don´t know if people have more bags inside the house that they´re planning to get rid of.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes chuck a chocolate wrapper or something in a random person´s bin, if there are no others nearby. I wouldn´t ever put a whole bag of rubbish in though, and would be very annoyed if someone did it to me. Even if the bin is half empty, you don´t know if people have more bags inside the house that they´re planning to get rid of.

Why would you care though? What detrimental effect would it have on your life :confused:
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I have asked my neighbour if I can put a bag or two in their bin. Fortnightly collections are a pain in the butt.

What really made me mad though is when we hired a skip 2 months after we bought the house and our new neighbours 3 doors away dumped all their crap in it. In broad daylight too !

We had a word with them and have not spoken to them since.
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only time I've done this is when I was redecorating my house and had filled my own bin up. And only on the actual day of the pick-up.