Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Does she??!! Can't imagine for one second why she would think that. Aren't people funny.

I encountered Vanessa Feltz once. This was when she was at the 'height' or her TV fame. She did the 'yes, it's me' thing, but I found it funny so I laughed and she actually laughed too. :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Oh, she was never in the same class as Dusty Springfield, in terms of vocals. However, I believe Ms Black would bracket herself with her much more talented contemporaries. I'd say she is more famous as TV presenter and (very) light entertainer than a singer.

And I heard on 'The Wright Stuff' this morning that she's coming back with 'Blind Date' :cry:

A small part of me died when I heard that but at least there'll be no obligation to watch (and I wouldn't! :eek:).
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »

I thought that video was going to end with Cilla shouting at the guy filming to leave her alone!
  • 123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Melinda Messenger: She was like my first real crush when I was 6 or 7 I think. So my dad took me to see her when she was on some promotional big bus tour thing in Brighton for the sun newspaper. When she arrived all these middle aged men got a bit excited and I ended up get crammed up against the railings and could not breathe. Melinda must have seen me getting squished and asked her security to come get me. So they carried me on to the bus with her where she gave me a big hug and kiss and gave me her autograph and loads of free promotional stuff, She was really friendly and down to earth as I remember and its about 16 years later and I still have not washed that cheek :) she made a young boys dream come true that day and I still watch her on Cowboy Builders....:)
  • madmumof3madmumof3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I've met Danny Baker and Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards and both were rude, arrogant and totally up themselves.

On a brighter side, I have met Simon Shepherd, who was just lovely, and my grandparents lived next door to Allan Lamb, the cricketer, and we used to see him and his family a lot when I was younger. He was lovely, and so down to earth.

I wish 'celebs' would remember how much the fans do to keep them in the public eye, it wouldn't hurt to be polite.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I was in a cafe in Brighton once, and who should stroll in? Ken Livingston! And this was when he was major of London! No security or entourage, just him on his own.

Now what he did next was a bit odd - he say right at the back of the cafe (understandable) and ordered and omelette or something similar - but I remember him cutting up all of the food on his plate into tiny little pieces before he ate it. It was really strange. It looked like food you would cut up for a small child.

Reminds me of when George from Seinfeld cut up his Mars Bar with a knife into little pieces before eating it! :D
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Vanessa Feltz...thinks she's a superstar dahling:cool:

i meet vanessa once and she was nothing but nice to my mum and i very lovely lady
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In lieu of my first counselling session due Keavy Lynch's abuse on twitter making me depressed, I decided on some catharsis.

https://twitter.com/TattyTeddy100/status/346197462853246976/photo/1
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair - fame hasn't gone to her head - she was apparently a nasty cow even before she was famous.

I suppose at least she's consistent!

:p:D

I have heard so many stories about her being horrible. Not that you can believe everything you read, but still. So many people who have met her say she is unpleasant.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read The Love You Make, a Beatles' biography. It shows how Lennon was a violent juvenile delinquent and enjoyed mocking cripples and the deformed.

How reliable is it though? - I don't have a particularly high opinion of Lennon as a human being but it's well known the dead can't sue and people will write any old gubbins about them as a result. I read a particularly vindictive biography of a dead musician I admired much of which was debunked without refering to the vindictive biographer by a later biographer who had much more access to said musicians' inner circle but whose debunking of the said musicians' own myths said he wasn't writing without being afraid to critise.

I've studied history and you always have to bear in mind the possible biases and agendas of whoever writes about subject - always!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley crabtree springs to mind.

Stories please!
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    In lieu of my first counselling session due Keavy Lynch's abuse on twitter making me depressed, I decided on some catharsis.

https://twitter.com/TattyTeddy100/status/346197462853246976/photo/1

You're an outright liar. :sleep:
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I know that this will surprise no one, but Stephen Fry seems angelically lovely and Jimmy Saville seems a bit up himself. Have also seem Emma Thompson being very charming to passing strangers (and looking gorgeous as well).

Superb. Old posts are often hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith Lemon is the other way round - very humble off camera, but obnoxious when he's grooming his victims on tv.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Alan Hansen and Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta (met him during his time at Everton), both nice guys, came across as down to Earth fellas.

On a side note, I wouldn't judge a person on how they react to an autograph hunter.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Alan Hansen and Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta (met him during his time at Everton), both nice guys, came across as down to Earth fellas.

On a side note, I wouldn't judge a person on how they react to an autograph hunter.

this

whilst i hate to see people declined autographs imagine being a superstar like beyonce, ronaldo, messi, johhnny depp etc and being asked to sign autographs nearly every hour. it would get tedious and i would refuse to myself
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    this

whilst i hate to see people declined autographs imagine being a superstar like beyonce, ronaldo, messi, johhnny depp etc and being asked to sign autographs nearly every hour. it would get tedious and i would refuse to myself

There's a lot of truth in that. Once of my acquaintances is a sports star who achieved greatness a few years ago. We're not big friends but I see him from time to time, and we've been on nights out. He's quite a quiet man in real life and he was reasonable in signing autographs and posing for pictures while we were out, however, when it's become excessive, he has turned people away. I don't have a problem with that.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dickie Bird punched my gran's cat.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Mentioned the chat about Cilla Black being horrible to my dad who told me he went into a restaurant just as Ian Paisley was leaving.

He asked the waitress what he was like and she said he was really nice, unlike Cilla Black the previous day
  • spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbara Knox from Corrie. The woman is so up herself and snooty...the opposite of lovely "Rita".
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russel Brand is absolutely lovely. Happy to talk to anybody, sign lots of autographs and take lots of photos, I also got to slap his arse and he proceeded to put it in my face. Really funny guy.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulu is very difficult. She is under the elusion she is some A List diva. I once worked at the job centre but I have never come across anyone as difficult as her. Not that Lulu was in the job centre, my meeting with her happened elsewhere ;) lol
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley crabtree springs to mind.

Stories please!

I knew someone once who'd been a wrestler back in the day (yes, bizarre, I know). He alleged our Shirl was horrible and a wife-beater (apparently), but that the "villainous" Giant Haystacks was the loveliest man you could hope to meet.

Sadly, I know no more than that...
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Mentioned the chat about Cilla Black being horrible to my dad who told me he went into a restaurant just as Ian Paisley was leaving.

He asked the waitress what he was like and she said he was really nice, unlike Cilla Black the previous day

Ian Paisley is a nice guy in real life. I don't like his political manner (historically, anyway, but he's mellowed with age), some of his ideas are a bit loopy, but he's a kind man with a brilliant sense of humour.