Options

What normal women look like - Daily Mail shock exposé

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348656/Makeup-free-Elisabetta-Canalis-looks-need-nap.html

The Mail today have an article about what George Clooney's friend Elisabetta Canalis looks like when she takes her dogs for a walk without - shock horror - wearing as much make up as she does when she is on the red carpet - apparently she looks 'washed out and drawn' although when seen at the Oscars ceremony the Mail think 'that's more like it'.

I will have to sit down with a stiff drink despite the early hour such is my shock at this piece of news.

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What next? "REVEALED: The celebs that take a dump"
  • Options
    avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How disgraceful. How DARE she walk her dog without full make up and an expensive gown!!!
    :D

I think she looks great!
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348656/Makeup-free-Elisabetta-Canalis-looks-need-nap.html

The Mail today have an article about what George Clooney's friend Elisabetta Canalis looks like when she takes her dogs for a walk without - shock horror - wearing as much make up as she does when she is on the red carpet - apparently she looks 'washed out and drawn' although when seen at the Oscars ceremony the Mail think 'that's more like it'.

I will have to sit down with a stiff drink despite the early hour such is my shock at this piece of news.

I know, such a ridiculous story. She looks fine without make up and I'm sure George Clooney has seen her au naturel before. :rolleyes:

The Daily Misogynist (and sometimes Misandrist) strikes again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,277
    Forum Member
    How ridiculous, she looks lovely! I'm always happy to see women in their natural state, that glam look tends to make everyone look like a Stepford wife!! These papers write the stupidest nonsense, don't they?
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I rarely wear make-up. Clearly I'm not fit to be a woman! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avidreader wrote: »
    How disgraceful. How DARE she walk her dog without full make up and an expensive gown!!!

I think she looks great!

So she does. It is of course the Mail's favourite story - that women get older or look paler without make up - but this is a particularly poor example as she still looks stunning.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I looked like that without makeup, I'd be ecstatic! She looks lovely, and is dressed appropriately for going out for a run with the dogs. If she went out with a full face of makeup on and smart clothes, the DM would say she was doing it for the cameras or something.

Female celebrities just cant win.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks great, and really fit and healthy. I love her look, beautiful bone structure.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    That's news is it?

The 'headline' at the top of my browser window made me giggle:

"Elisabetta Canalis unrecognisable as she walks dogs with no make up"

Do dogs usally wear make-up? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Oh all the time, my dog refuses to be seen outside without a bit of lippy :D
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another breaking news story from the Daily Fail.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    That's news is it?

The 'headline' at the top of my browser window made me giggle:

"Elisabetta Canalis unrecognisable as she walks dogs with no make up"

Do dogs usally wear make-up? :D

Hahaha!!:D

No jokes about a dogs lipstick please!!!:o
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    What next? "REVEALED: The celebs that take a dump"
    They dont do they?

i assumed they had someone else to do it for them
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks lovely. What's with the non-story?
  • Options
    deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks lovely. What's with the non-story?

A sign of how far the Daily Mail has fallen (admittedly I have no idea what the paper is like, I only read the website) - they're having to pad out something as small as someone walking their dog into a full page article - I swear it's starting to resemble Heat magazine - no offence to Heat of course because I do like Heat magazine!! :D

Daily Mail "showbiz" seems to be full of American celebrities that even Americans probably don't know who they are - or even worse the "stars" from The Only Way Is Essex like they're the Royal Family!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail writers are horrible to women (and men sometimes)
    Why do they keep spewing out this crap, when most of the comments tell them they are wrong

They did a story on an actress from Eastenders (Max's ex) and took as many photos as they could, even one while she was getting up and it was right between her legs :(

Very predictable comments came saying how big she was

It's nasty!
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    She looks a man in those clothes and is showing off far too much flesh to be considered decent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's wearing a vest. All women wear vests.
    And jogging shorts?
    Confused.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Smiirky wrote: »
    She's wearing a vest. All women wear vests.
    And jogging shorts?
    Confused.com

Vests on men and women are vulgar items of the working classes and if they must be worn they should be covered up.

To be seen out in a vest is terribly uncouth on a man and even worse on a woman as it lacks dignity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's exercising, what would you have her wear, a red ballgown?

That's insane, on your part.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vests on men and women are vulgar items of the working classes and if they must be worn they should be covered up.

To be seen out in a vest is terribly uncouth on a man and even worse on a woman as it lacks dignity.

WUM alert. Bit lame, actually, you should have focussed on the tattoos maybe, that might have been a bit more convincing.

You need to try harder. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, have I been had? lol :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    WOM alert. Bit lame, actually, you should have focussed on the tattoos maybe, that might have been a bit more convincing.

You need to try harder. :)

I didn't see any tattoos. All I saw was very broad shoulders and pigeon legs.

If she was brought up properly she would know that a lady does not go out in public view dressed like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now back to the Middle Ages with Stud U Like.
    ;)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avidreader wrote: »

I think she looks great!

You'd think that the Daily Mail were reporting on something that was new. A woman without make-up? Never! They probably make controversial headlines because they know their paper will get talked about.Clever buggers!