Kate Ford Signs New Deal with Corrie

wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a337081/coronation-street-kate-ford-signs-new-deal-with-soap.html

I'm not minding Tracy so much anymore so this isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Especially as Tracy's stories inevitably mean more screentime for Ken and Deirdre

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me here but I think Tracy is a great character and Kate Ford plays her really well.
  • JimboweJimbowe Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me here but I think Tracy is a great character and Kate Ford plays her really well.

Here here

I like Tracy (and Kate too)
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never used to like her but I am warmed to her alot in the last few months. I hope they put her with Steve
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I never used to like her but I am warmed to her alot in the last few months. I hope they put her with Steve

It's the same for me, I don't have a problem with her now that she is toned down
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated her first initial weeks back [but then anyone sprouting that '2000 years' line would rightfully be groaned at], but Tracy's been really great now they've dialled her down abit. We saw glimmers of her more venerable side in her scenes with Steve and Amy towards the end.

I hope she comes back in time to see Becky off [in true bitchin' style]! :D
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am gutted.

I will loath her till I draw my last breath:mad:
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay. I like Tracyluv and I think Kate Ford does a good job especially as she is showing some warmth. I like her exchanges with Sylvia too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    I hated her first initial weeks back [but then anyone sprouting that '2000 years' line would rightfully be groaned at], but Tracy's been really great now they've dialled her down abit. We saw glimmers of her more venerable side in her scenes with Steve and Amy towards the end.

I hope she comes back in time to see Becky off [in true bitchin' style]! :D

Same, I didn't mind her in her first stint but she was way too ott in her first few weeks back at Christmas/New Year and her dialogue was shockig (as well as poorly delivered at times). Since then she's been bearable.

I imagine she will play a big part in Becky's exit as
    she will be back way before Becky goes. The character is returning in Septeber after her brief absence in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    She has been toned down in recent months, but still can't act at all. I'm glad she isn't the shows golden girl any more though-Corrie now have Ali King, Jane Danson & Kat Kelly as their leading ladies.
  • mulderfanmulderfan Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I am gutted.

I couldn't agree more I loathe the character:mad:
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    She's grew on me. Kate Ford is alot better when not playing the constant bitch and making her fall for Steve has made her likeable. It's nice to see she has emotions. So I'm not as bothered. I'd rather see the back of Sean, Fiz, Kirk etc.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I am gutted.

One of the worst actresses on TV today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She must be a good actress seeing as she won best actress award a few years back.
  • JimboweJimbowe Posts: 396
    Forum Member

After Heather in EE ;)
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a good character but I'm not really looking forward to the
    Twin pregnancy storyline.
  • Aspie girlAspie girl Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Detest the character and all that she represents. Great messages to send out - if you want someone then wreck their marriages, if your partner strays then batter them to death. I always thought that Corrie was better than that and that wrong doers got their come uppance - albeit eventually. Looks like I was wrong
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aspie girl wrote: »
    Detest the character and all that she represents. Great messages to send out - if you want someone then wreck their marriages,

Doesn't seem to have done Carlas popularity any harm!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Detest the character and all that she represents. Great messages to send out - if you want someone then wreck their marriages, if your partner strays then batter them to death. I always thought that Corrie was better than that and that wrong doers got their come uppance - albeit eventually. Looks like I was wrong

This is true. Its like the producers have tried to re-write history and hope we will all forget the really evil things Tracy has done in the past. Not only the cold-blooded murder of Charlie (which was witnessed by the viewers), but her appalling false rape accusation and blackmailling of Roy Cropper
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »
    Detest the character and all that she represents. Great messages to send out - if you want someone then wreck their marriages,

Doesn't seem to have done Carlas popularity any harm!

Yeah lol, but Carla's not as spiteful as Tracy! :D
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to give her a human side..that is all I ask
  • MarginMargin Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I quite like Tracy especially as they have shown her vulnerable side.
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have to keep this bit of news from my OH. Every time Tracy's on the screen, he shouts out "when's she leaving". It'll break his heart!
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy about this. Wouldnt of said that when she first returned.