Worst pain for you - normal type things.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't mean awful illnesses that many people have to suffer and endure. I mean those every day types of pains that we all get now and again, like earache, blinding headaches, trapped nerve type thing.

What's the one type of pain that really brings you down and makes you miserable as sin.

Toothache for me is the very very worst pain out. It's the one thing I have no tolerance for, that completely drains me. :cry:

What's the one that really pulls you down?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with toothache - it drives you nuts, painkillers despite their claims do little to nothing, and no matter how bad it is you can NEVER get an immediate appointment.....its as if you can just live with toothache for several days before anyone even worries about you!

Also I find that if I stub my toe that is horrible...seems to be ages before it stops throbbing!
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have trigeminal neuralgia, which is a trapped nerve in the face. Think being electrocuted, or burned or stabbed inside the face.
  • foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toothache is awful.

Add in an abcess, and it's a recipe for pacing up and down the room holding and hitting one's head/neck/jaw for extended periods.

I once had an operation, and they neglected to give me the prescribed pre-operative analgesia. The post-operative pain was memorable to say the least!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria sponge: that sounds terrible. Sorry to hear that. :(
    Stubbed toes are the pits. You get that real deep sick feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Earache, that's another one that is a sickening type of pain.
  • ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep nothing worse than toothache. Earache a close second. But saying that, when next doors grandchild 'maestro piano player' vists, that can be difficult to bear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foonk wrote: »
    Toothache is awful.

Add in an abcess, and it's a recipe for pacing up and down the room holding and hitting one's head/neck/jaw for extended periods.

I once had an operation, and they neglected to give me the prescribed pre-operative analgesia. The post-operative pain was memorable to say the least!:eek:
    :D:D:D

Keyboard just got a soaking. I do that too - why I expect it to help I have no idea, it doesn't but it still seems like a great idea at the time.

How crazy does that sound!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe kidney stones is also a particularly gruesome type of pain.
  • hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foonk wrote: »
    Toothache is awful.

After my lastest operation the painkillers they gave me didn't stop the pain. I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen 7 times a day and for the first week it barely touched the pain. I was in agony.

I get absolutely awful earaches. To the point where the entirety of my right face and neck is in pain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Branchette wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Keyboard just got a soaking. I do that too - why I expect it to help I have no idea, it doesn't but it still seems like a great idea at the time.

How crazy does that sound!:eek:

I spent a whole weekend doing it the last time I had an abcess:D

I was seriously considering asking the dentist to remove all of my teeth when I was seen!
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I whacked my funny bone on a desk the other day and it wasn't bloody funny, I couldn't touch it or put any weight on it for 3 days. I also felt nauseous when I did it.

Without a doubt the worst pain I've ever had was when I trapped my finger in a door and blood was trapped under my fingernail. It throbbed with every heartbeat and by the evening after it happened I was rocking back and forth, crying, wanting the pain to go away. It took a week before it stopped hurting and I lived for my 2 hourly doses of painkiller. I couldn't believe such a small injury could cause such intense agony, but after googling it I found that even medical professionals recognise how bad it can be so I felt like less of a wimp :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hobbleit wrote: »
    After my lastest operation the painkillers they gave me didn't stop the pain. I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen 7 times a day and for the first week it barely touched the pain. I was in agony.

I get absolutely awful earaches. To the point where the entirety of my right face and neck is in pain.

I know, toothache does the same. It's such an all-encompassing type of pain....headache/earache/toothache.

I have a friend who is a Macmillan nurse. They always maintain that the head and neck cancers are the most unpleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toothache for sure. I'm tough when it comes to pain but toothaches leave me crying. My little toe dislocates as soon as stub it and the pain makes me retch. Both are worse than childbirth.
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Sinusitus or earache.
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    Without a doubt- period pain.

Suffering that for several days each month and for thirty years or more I'd say has to top the league in terms of recurring pain that brings you down.

Aside from that, though I havent experienced it myself, I'm sure childbirth has to exceed anything else in the pain stakes too.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Branchette wrote: »
    Victoria sponge: that sounds terrible. Sorry to hear that. :(
    Stubbed toes are the pits. You get that real deep sick feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Earache, that's another one that is a sickening type of pain.

It's really awful, the pain. However, I don't want to tempt fate but this past 12 months has been a lot better than previous years. I've only had two weeks off sick due to it in twelve months, the year before was six or seven weeks.

Earache is appalling, thankfully I only ever had that once in my life.

Headaches I rarely get but I hate them and it would stop me doing anything.

Sore throat is awful, I normally end up vomiting due to starving.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I had an abscess and thought I was dying.It was infected and I was hallucinating with the pain.
  • RedOctopusRedOctopus Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I once stepped on an upturned plug whilst in the middle of a searingly painful case of toothache caused by an abscess.
  • trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really awful, the pain. However, I don't want to tempt fate but this past 12 months has been a lot better than previous years.

Is there nothing that can be done? Killing the nerve or something? Botox injection?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedOctopus wrote: »
    I once stepped on an upturned plug whilst in the middle of a searingly painful case of toothache caused by an abscess.

:D:D:D Forgot the abcess for a little while I bet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% Toothache .It makes we want to rip my head off! NOTHING shifts it, only drinking a glass of milk which last about 30 seconds!.I had the most horrendous toothache in 2008,I'd just started a new job in a call centre and I could barely open my mouth to speak ..which was helpful!

Second was when I smashed my toe nail off on the front door stop ( hard ,metal .ouch) it was agony,bloody everywhere ,throbbing.Took about a year for the nail to grow back and even then it was really thin .Dropped a fall length mirror on my toe last week,it's black now.Why does this cause so much pain?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have blocked sinuses after my cold last week my entire head hurts my eyes and ears are throbbing.

I hate the pain which I get in my right hip there is no angle i can sit or lie at that takes the pressure off.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We have a winner..:D

Stepping on an upturned plug is as a bad as it gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldielox wrote: »
    Without a doubt- period pain.

Suffering that for several days each month and for thirty years or more I'd say has to top the league in terms of recurring pain that brings you down.

Aside from that, though I havent experienced it myself, I'm sure childbirth has to exceed anything else in the pain stakes too.

Childbirth is bad, but at least once the baby is out it's over. Toothache is out of this world in the pain stakes.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Constipation, that's bloody murder :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

dental abcesses are horrible my face was so swollen I could barely open one of my eyes.