Options

Who are you listening to this morning at Breakfast ?

COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
Forum Member
✭✭
Now that Chris Moyles have left Radio 1 who are you listening to This morning ?

Comments

• Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dev on the iplayer
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not radio 1 but then I don't like the yap on radio 1 breakfast and the new show for some reason don't start till next week.
  • Options
    crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free Radio 80's on 990AM!
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Radio 4. I get up early and can't handle music till at least 10am :p
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm using the week to try different channels, I mean I've dropped in and out of other channels before but never given them the time to win me over. Well other than Radio 4 which I can happily listen to, but I listen to Radio 4 on the way home so was looking for something else on the way in.

So this week each channel gets the full 45 (ish) minute journey to pitch.

This morning I gave BBC Kent a go (with a slight detor to KFM Ashford).
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    I'm also trying out different breakfast shows this week. Today's was Capital Breakfast with Dave Berry. My suspicions, unfortunately, were correct. It was bloody awful. Therefore, I won't be going back.

I think I'll try Shaun on 6 Music tomorrow, 1Xtra on Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday are yet to be decided.
  • Options
    Myke_Rosenthal-Myke_Rosenthal- Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Chirpy on Radio England International
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    I'm also trying out different breakfast shows this week. Today's was Capital Breakfast with Dave Berry. My suspicions, unfortunately, were correct. It was bloody awful. Therefore, I won't be going back.

Capital Bosses have told all the local Breakfast Dj's to up there Game as there is loads of people out there like yourself looking for a new breakfast show to tune in to

I do agree I've heard dave berry a couple of times on Capital Breakfast in london I'm just pleased now that Moyles has gone that I still get to Hear Hirsty's Daily Dose on The Capital Yorkshire Breakfast Show in the Mornings
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perry and Louise on Signal 1
  • Options
    pompeyfmpompeyfm Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Steve Power on Wave 105
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Capital Bosses have told all the local Breakfast Dj's to up there Game as there is loads of people out there like yourself looking for a new breakfast show to tune in to

I do agree I've heard dave berry a couple of times on Capital Breakfast in london I'm just pleased now that Moyles has gone that I still get to Hear Hirsty's Daily Dose on The Capital Yorkshire Breakfast Show in the Mornings
    Ah, I forgot about Hirsty. He's good, and I know Moyles likes him (I remember him being mentioned on the show a couple of times over the years).

I listened a few times during Moyles' holidays when Galaxy Yorkshire was on DAB down here, but now I can just put it on my iPod and put it through the dock.

Maybe I'll put that down for Thursday then. :D
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio 4, I have not got a problem with music but its grates on me after a hour :)
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    Ah, I forgot about Hirsty. He's good, and I know Moyles likes him (I remember him being mentioned on the show a couple of times over the years).

I listened a few times during Moyles' holidays when Galaxy Yorkshire was on DAB down here, but now I can just put it on my iPod and put it through the dock.

Maybe I'll put that down for Thursday then. :D

Hirsty's another one of those breakfast jocks I'll listen to regardless of Capital's music policy. If Capital were allowed to go national, I'd rather hear the Daily Dose than Mockney Berry and Lisa Snowdon.
  • Options
    tom_htom_h Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Just me that's stuck with Radio 1?

I like Scott so this morning is fine, I'll try Nick and see from there.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listen to either Five Live or BBC Newcastle.

Couldn't stand Chris Moyles anyway.
  • Options
    peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went with absolute this morning, will probably try xfm tomorrow.
  • Options
    GWaitesGWaites Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I put radio 2 on, but was scared away by Cliff Richard with Living Doll.

Kept flicking between stations (including the awful Bodg, Matt and JoJo on Capital North East). In the end, just had my iPhone on shuffle.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tom_h wrote: »
    Just me that's stuck with Radio 1?

I like Scott so this morning is fine, I'll try Nick and see from there.

I love Scott's impression of Nick.
  • Options
    Rich_McLeanRich_McLean Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jacks Morning Glory (Jack FM Oxfordshire) in work, where we would normally listen to Moyles
  • Options
    -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    I woke up to Zoe & Adam
  • Options
    jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dabbled with a bit of Hirsty and Co (used to listen on Viking and Galaxy prior to Moyles) but I struggle with the music, not much chat (certainly before 7.30). Also tried a bit of Big John at Breakfast on Hallam - now he has been there years!

Oh and briefly Radio 2.

During a Moyles holiday I have tended to go to 5 Live in recent years, but not sure I can cope with that on a permanent basis, hence why I am going to flick around this week and give Nick a try for the whole of next week.

It is bizarre but genuinely feel at a loss this morning knowing there'd be no more Moyles at breakfast. Ok some will mock me, but genuinely the programme has been part of my routine for 8 years. And that is a big change
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Scott on Radio 1 for this week, and Grimmy from 24th of September
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hywel and Jamie on rock fm I even got a mention this morning because I text in as a new listener who has left radio 1. They joked that it's nice that I waited til moyles left to listen but welcomed me anyway lol
  • Options
    didasdidas Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Five Live and then Shaun Keaveny on 6 if the news gets too depressing or Burden winds me up too much.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    From tomorrow, chrismoyles.net.