• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    James Belushi is in K-9, not Bill Murray? :confused:
    SourCherry wrote: »
    No, that's James Belushi

Heh heh, sorry....I did know that really. :D

I've just always thought the two of them looked similar! I'm not the only one...

http://www.inmirror.com/separated-at-birth/bill-murray-james-belushi

http://en.wikinoticia.com/entertainment/gossip/35489-new-resemblances-between-celebrities-continues-to-collaborate-with-the-search (Bottom one!)
  • The Kane GangThe Kane Gang Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Groundhog day for me too, followed by What About Bob...
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrooged

Zombieland
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Bob is one of my fave comedies of all time. Groundhog day my second choice of a B. murray movie.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Little Shop of Horrors is great, love Bill's cameo :D
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I forgot to add that. Shame on me as I saw Little Shop only a few weeks ago.
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with your comments Takae. Lost in translation is very patronising in its depiction of the Japanese, and its also not as smug post modernly funny as it likes to think it is either. Extremely overrated film in general, I really don't know why people hold such a torch to it. Bill Murray is the only decent thing in it.

And back to topic: Groundhog Day + his appearances in Wes Anderson's various films
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I forgot that too. Along with Zombieland, he has two of the greatest cameos in film history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above...

amazed it took so long for Zombieland (also called 'Search for a Twinkie' and obvious nod to Ghostbusters) and Little Shop Of Horrors to be mentioned.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with your comments Takae. Lost in translation is very patronising in its depiction of the Japanese, and its also not as smug post modernly funny as it likes to think it is either. Extremely overrated film in general, I really don't know why people hold such a torch to it. Bill Murray is the only decent thing in it.

And back to topic: Groundhog Day + his appearances in Wes Anderson's various films

I liked Lost in Translation, overall it was a good movie (been years since I've seen it) but on reflection, I agree the anti-Japanese smugness pissed me off :( Much of the jokes seemed to come from old stereotypes of Japanese people, a silly foreign view of Japan :( You can find humor in stereotypes I suppose but this was lazy.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrooged.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stripes - I watched that so many times when I was young and never looked at a kitchen spatula the same way again.

Ghostbusters - Just brilliant

and whilst Lost in Translation (I love it, the wife doesn't get it), Zombieland, Rushmore, Scrooged, Groundhog Day and more all want the last spot I'm going to go with The Fantastic Mr Fox because as Badger he was involved in one of my favourite exchanges ever...

Mr Fox - Here we go. Mole! Talpa europaea! What d'you got?

Mole - I can see in the dark.

Mr. Fox - That's incredible! We can use that! Linda?

Linda Otter - Got it.

Mr. Fox - Rabbit! Oryctolagus cuniculus!

Rabbit - I'm fast.

Mr. Fox - You bet you are. Linda?

Linda Otter - Got it.

Mr. Fox - Beaver! Castor fiber!

Beaver - I can chew through wood.

Mr. Fix - Amazing! Linda!

Mr. Fox - Badger! Meles meles!

Badger - Demolitions expert.

Mr. Fox - What? Since when?

Badger - Explosions! Flames! Burning things!
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbusters (1984) and Groundhog Day. I can watch these films over and over! :)
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Ghostbusters (1984) and Groundhog Day. I can watch these films over and over! :)

Your very own Groundhog Day.

Yep, I agree wqith those two plus Stripes.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrooged
    Lost In Translation
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when the Man Who Knew Too Little came out, it seemed to have very little fanfare and BM at that time seemed very low profile...even to the extent of "wait, he's back?"

Which isn't true of course, Kingpin for example, but there seemed a gap between his early 90s run and the Lost in Translation/Anderson years, even when there wasn't really.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Ghostbuster films are the sort of films you can watch time and time again and I think Bill Murray had a lot to do with that.

Loved him in Scrooged, another film I can watch again and again, although every single time, the ending makes me cringe beyond belief. So great film bar the ending!!!!

He was also excellent in Ed Wood and loved the cameo in Zombieland.

Groundhog day was good, but I prefer the others mentioned.

I do like him as an actor, but haven't seen him in much else that I can remember.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Wild Things :D Although to be fair Bill is not the number one reason to watch it. The courtroom scene is good though.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I think the Ghostbuster films are the sort of films you can watch time and time again and I think Bill Murray had a lot to do with that.

Even Ghostbusters II is very watchable due to Bill Murray's one-liners in that film. The movie itself is cack, especially compared to the first one, but Murray makes it worth watching all the same.

Although nothing can forgive the Janine and Louis romance subplot. Where's that vomit smilie when you need one! :cry:
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ghostbusters 2 is great and I don't care what anyone thinks.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost in Translation.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrooged is my favourite.