Ben Bradshaw lets his ego triumph over common sense.

2»

Comments

• redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I didn't comment on the criteria for being a member of the House of Lords so I don't know where you got that idea from :confused:

Bishops are allowed to sit in the lords, are they not?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see someone has been editing the CofE Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_England
    The Church of England is the officially established sexist[2] Christian church[3][4][5][6] in England.
  • queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Bishops are allowed to sit in the lords, are they not?

I never said they weren't. I repeat what i said before and that is

I didn't comment on the criteria for being a member of the House of Lords so I don't know where you got that idea from :confused:
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I never said they weren't. I repeat what i said before and that is

So by denying Bishops to be women the church of England is denying some of the seats in the house of lords to women. That is a matter for government
  • queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    So by denying Bishops to be women the church of England is denying some of the seats in the house of lords to women. That is a matter for government

I really don't know what you are going on about. You quite clearly have not read or understood what I wrote or else you would not be going off on this tangent.

I have had enough of your wummery so I will leave you to have the last word. No doubt it will be as irrelevant as the rest of what you have posted ..............
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    Reaction to the news by women priests at the Synod makes me wonder whether they are suitable candidates for the role of Bishops.

Surely they would need to command respect. How can they expect it when they dissolve so easily into floods of tears. I mean, nobody has died as a result of the vote.