Disgusting behaviour from Brucie

At the culmination of 3 months of wonderful entertainment, the winners just announced, my abiding memory is of Bruce shouting at the other dancers to bugger off out of the way. Absolutely no need, and 2nd year in a row he as struck a bum note in a similar way.
I'd have preferred if it was him who had buggered off and let everyone celebrate together. What a prat.

Comments

• Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a disgrace.
    I so hope he will retire now.
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it hasn't spoiled your Christmas
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree, was not impressed with him at all, thought he was rude to Harry and Aliona last year, but was even worse this year.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I don't think he was that bad, it was the floor manager who was a fault
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly old duffer, what a disgrace.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why he can't just go with the flow.

Does it really matter if people hug each other?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was weird the others didn't seem to know whether it was an act or not.
  • StociousStocious Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Just said the same thing to my husband - he's lost it! Time he called it a day, you could see him trying to read the auto cue and he just seemed to lose control. Time to hang your hat up Brucie!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said on another thread his behaviour was atrocious, doing his "I'm in charge" nonsense at the end.
    When will he ever learn that it isn't about him?

Did you see how when presenting the trophy he wasn't looking at Flavia and Louis, he was trying to look at the camera?

As if we haven't seen enough of that wrinkled old face for the last three months.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he seemed hyper and odd all evening. It wasn't a good night for him right from the opening minute. He even shouted 'do I have to do everything around here' as he was telling the other dances to take a hike. Very rude.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is such an arse. No finesse at all. Stupid old man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    It completely soured the moment. He should have just let the spontaneity take over.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He definately shouldnt be back next year it was totally uneccessary.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Brucie should have been put out to pasture years ago, and you can bet if he was a woman he would have been...
  • Karen_McAulayKaren_McAulay Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Silly old bugger, time to retire Brucie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzbar wrote: »
    I thought he seemed hyper and odd all evening. It wasn't a good night for him right from the opening minute. He even shouted 'do I have to do everything around here' as he was telling the other dances to take a hike. Very rude.

Yes, he did - very odd. It really is time he went - how much cringeing do the BBC want viewers to do
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had he been clearning the floor for Louis and Flavia I would have understood - but it was for him and Tess; the winners were simply left in the background.

Whatever Bruce might think he is not Mr. Strictly - tonight belonged to Louis and Flavia.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's just a typical old man really. Elderly people lose their patience over the most minor things, I see it with my own grandparents.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hasn't he done this once before though? I haven't watched every series but I'm sure this has happened at least once? Whatever, his behaviour was disrespectful and quite frankly he made all those contestants and guests look stupid for wanting to congratulate the couple.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    I don't know why he can't just go with the flow.

Does it really matter if people hug each other?

exactly.

given the amount of time he spends 'off cue' its a bit much for him to suddenly want everyone marshalled to order...
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    Had the same last year when McFly ran on to congratulate Harry.

Obviously he is under intsructions that the winners have to do some kind of dance at the end.

The melee in previous years around the winners have been total chaos IIRC. not controlling the other dancers.

Maybe they don't rehearse the presentation that well, or do but don't do it with the other contestants present.
    But as previous posters have said - that would be the fault of the floor manager
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got nothing against Bruce, but he didn't come across well to me tonight, particularly in those last minutes. I thought he was quite rude and spoiled what should have been the winners moment. I know he was trying to keep people off the floor, but he could just ask politely.

I actually wanted him to just shut up this evening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce can go off-cue if it's him going off-cue, but nobody else can it seems. :p
  • rufusedrufused Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Some of the comments on this thread are ageist and unbelievably stupid. Bruce was excellent tonight and came across over-strong as he wanted to keep the floor clear for the winners. And then we get this heap of dreadful criticism. The only people who should be ashamed or embarrassed are those who trumpet this poison after a superb final. Get a life.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Brucie should have been put out to pasture years ago, and you can bet if he was a woman he would have been...

You are right. Had he been a woman he'd have been off screens years ago. I like Brucie, always have since I was around four and used to watch Play Your Cards Right with my parents, but how much longer can he go on for realistically? Most of his contemporaries are either dead or long since retired.