Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this looks interesting. I'll definitely try it
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have pre ordered my copy from Amazon, they have it on sale for £33 instead of £39 for some reason. I wasn't convinced by any of the demo's or trailers, it just looked like Uncharted set pieces, but not as good (ignoring the fact Uncharted is inspired by Tomb Raider) but after looking at reviews I guess they trailers didn't do the game justice, I can't wait to play it now.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'll give it a go, though they don't feel like Tomb Raider games anymore just look at the first one with the Incredible music simplistic gameplay and it felt so atmospheric all this has gone, it's just an Assassins Creed now and then recent ones just don't cut it.

Well lets wait and see eh :)

If it were anything like Assassin's Creed I would not be buying it!

Can't believe people are getting upset over the violence, :confused: just because there's no blood in goody-two shoes Uncharted land doesn't mean there shouldn't be any in this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it were anything like Assassin's Creed I would not be buying it!

Can't believe people are getting upset over the violence, :confused: just because there's no blood in goody-two shoes Uncharted land doesn't mean there shouldn't be any in this.

I hadn't heard about that, are people complaining on forums or in reviews about the violence? It doesn't really make sense, there are hundreds of violent games. Is it because it's trying to depict realism, meaning it is depicting real violance against a woman?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter to me if it's Uncharted with a female lead as long as it plays as well.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I hadn't heard about that, are people complaining on forums or in reviews about the violence? It doesn't really make sense, there are hundreds of violent games. Is it because it's trying to depict realism, meaning it is depicting real violance against a woman?

Both but mostly on forums. It seems where Lara is concerned there should be minimal violence, it's not so much about the level of violence aimed towards Lara so much as it is the amount she deals out. I would say it's either a gender thing, or people (mostly Uncharted fans) looking for things to complain about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both but mostly on forums. It seems where Lara is concerned there should be minimal violence, it's not so much about the level of violence aimed towards Lara so much as it is the amount she deals out. I would say it's either a gender thing, or people (mostly Uncharted fans) looking for things to complain about.

It's difficult to judge until we've played it, they seem to be going for a darker and more realistic tone, which sets it apert from Uncharted straight away. But there is a point where violence becomes over the top and just too much. Especially in a game that is trying to tell a story and show real development of a character. It starts to become less realistic as a result and that's the opposite of what they intended.

The only thing I have heard, is that the change from Lara being traumatised about killing someone, to taking out everyone in sight with a headshot is jarring, and that is a fair critisism. As for the violence in general I'll have to wait and see when I play it. Going into it I have no issue, and Uncharted is my favourite series this gen, it's a well known fact Nathan Drake is a mass murderer and nobody seems to care about that lol.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Spit On Your Grave - :D

Go Lara !!

Fancy complaining about violence in a video game - what pri*ks ! Where have these people being for the last 30 years
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Can they win if lara only killed 3 people in the whole game people would be moaning theres no action just take the cutscenes for what they are storywise then the gunplay/killing seperate it is a game afterall

Nathan drake has 1000s of lives on his list whats the difference here
  • Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have Shopto charged anyone's card yet? I'm still waiting...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    Have Shopto charged anyone's card yet? I'm still waiting...

I already paid, but they sent through an email receipt today (2.45pm) so I'm hoping for dispatch today or tomorrow. Love them.

This is just the bog-standard £31.95 PS3 copy, free first class post.

Was kinda tempted with the £80 one but couldnt justify that price tag!
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Can they win if lara only killed 3 people in the whole game people would be moaning theres no action just take the cutscenes for what they are storywise then the gunplay/killing seperate it is a game afterall

Nathan drake has 1000s of lives on his list whats the difference here

Blood and vaginas apparently. But not together...oh dear. I'll get my coat.
  • rael1066rael1066 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    •Edge: 8 - Tomb Raider retains its own identity, and much of that is down to its British heroine. Whether she's huddled up against the cold or sending five men to their doom with an explosive arrow, this is still Lara Croft, one of gaming's most distinctive heroes - and now she has a personality that extends far beyond the bounds of her bra straps.

•CVG: 9.0 - Violent, scary, ambitious, inventive: unconvincing characters can't mar a blockbuster return to form for Tomb Raider.

•GamesRadar: 4.5 - Even if you've never been a huge fan of Lara Croft's fortune-hunting adventures, Tomb Raider is sure to impress. Its expert sense of pacing, captivating setting, and dark tone create a truly memorable experience that's further enhanced by an immense level of detail.

•Eurogamer: 8/10 - Beneath the noise there is an engaging story clamouring to be heard, and there are moments of true beauty, serenity and pathos fighting for attention.

•IGN: 9.1 - Tomb Raider is well-written, sympathetic, exciting, beautiful and just incredibly well-made.

•OXM UK: 8 - Tomb Raider is an excellent game that, while paying tribute to Lara Croft's heritage, certainly feels like a new beginning - mechanically as well as thematically. It's visually dazzling, narratively affecting, dangerously near best-in-class when it comes to solid shooting, vertiginous platforming and ballsy set plays...

•GameSpot: 8.5 - The single-player campaign here is the main attraction, and it is excellent. It doesn't try to rewrite the book on third-person action adventure games. But with its excellent controls, engaging heroine, thrilling combat, and fascinating setting, it doesn't need to.

•Kotaku: Yes - The truth here is that this game is a finely crafted reboot, one that ensures that Lara Croft herself won't become a relic of the past.

•Destructoid: 8.5 - This first impression is an awkward obfuscation, however, one that soon erodes to reveal a savvy, thoughtful, and above all, immensely enjoyable game. In fact, I'm happy to go on record as saying this is the best Tomb Raider game I've played.

•The Telegraph: 5/5 - Tomb Raider sits comfortably as one of this generation's best action games. It fixes the flaws of past games in the series, without straying too far from its roots to be alienating. Lara's never been represented better.

•Polygon: 9 - It's easy to point out the many ways that Tomb Raider borrows bits and pieces from other popular games of the last five years, but Crystal Dynamics has blended these disparate strengths into something remarkable.

•Penny Arcade Report: No score - The missteps are small and few, and the triumphs are many and large.

•Digital Spy: 5/5 - With a well written cast of characters, mightily impressive production techniques, sumptuous visuals, tight platforming and surprisingly enjoyable combat, Tomb Raider is most definitely a release to be treasured.

And for a very different kind of review, and one which should be enjoyed by any hardcore TR fan, look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc - might raise a chuckle or three...:D
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Played about half an hour or so last night. It starts off quite well, if very Uncharted-y. The subtitles are atrocious though, they look like what you'd get in a cheap freeview box! And the volume seems far too high by default, was crackling up my TV something awful.
    Forum Member
    Played about half an hour or so last night. It starts off quite well, if very Uncharted-y. The subtitles are atrocious though, they look like what you'd get in a cheap freeview box! And the volume seems far too high by default, was crackling up my TV something awful.

Can you not turn subs off ???
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Yes, not to worry they are off by default. I have just a weird urge to have them turned on for all games.
    Forum Member
    Yes, not to worry they are off by default. I have just a weird urge to have them turned on for all games.

phew good bit worried there cannot stand subtitles when there not needed and what your listening to is already english
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm the same. Brilliant in GTAIV for Little Jacob.
    Forum Member
    terminator can you tell us if theres a DTS logo on the back of box or disc??

not many games have DTS sadly hoping this does though??
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    terminator can you tell us if theres a DTS logo on the back of box or disc??

not many games have DTS sadly hoping this does though??

I don't think he has the box or the disc.

I was hoping mine would arrive today but nothing has turned up.
  • Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After checking Shopto, I've noticed that the timestamp on the picture of my parcel was actually yesterday at 4.10pm.. I don't know if this means it was sent out yesterday or not though....
    Forum Member
    ShopTo sent mine out today, I think expecting it today it a little early tbh, we'll be lucky if we get it tomorrow but it's likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    After checking Shopto, I've noticed that the timestamp on the picture of my parcel was actually yesterday at 4.10pm.. I don't know if this means it was sent out yesterday or not though....

get a text usually dont you? and then another from the courier with a time slot

mine is just processing so i think they will post tomorrow for monday delivery,

I saw that street date has been broken in Australia and it is just in stores, jealous
  • bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopto: mine still says Processing :( and it's being sent with DPD (preordered Collector's edition in October)

Shopto app says dispatched but I haven't receive sms so most likely Monday delivery

Shame as Darksiders 2 came on a Saturday when that was also a Tuesday release

:(
  • bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phew good bit worried there cannot stand subtitles when there not needed and what your listening to is already english

Sometimes the music/ambience drowns out the voices. I ALWAYS have them on