Bbc 2 Hd

1171819202123»

Comments

• DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djonshore wrote: »
    Just wondering if BBC TWO HD is regionalised? I've noticed in the Radio Times that all BBC TWO Wales shows different programmes to BBC TWO, it doesn't state HD.

BBC Two HD isnt regionalised yet, the BBC are thinking about it, but I think they want to get BBC 1 HD regionalised in England first!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if BBC TWO HD is regionalised? I've noticed in the Radio Times that all BBC TWO Wales shows different programmes to BBC TWO, it doesn't state HD.

Probably the same as Scotland where local programmes are carried on BBC Two Scotland on SD whilst BBC Two HD carries network programmes.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    BBC Two HD isnt regionalised yet, the BBC are thinking about it, but I think they want to get BBC 1 HD regionalised in England first!

I'd get the 3 nations sorted 1st, at a guess it would be minimal work to get this done.
    Only wish ALL regional opt outs were in sync and there wasn't delayed times for shows. Currently there is not set opt out show times.

then they can concentrate on the English regions in sequence.

Without having to revisit the issue in those countries and get each region after London sorted on 101 in England.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    I'd get the 3 nations sorted 1st, at a guess it would be minimal work to get this done.
    Only wish ALL regional opt outs were in sync and there wasn't delayed times for shows. Currently there is not set opt out show times.

then they can concentrate on the English regions in sequence.

Without having to revisit the issue in those countries and get each region after London sorted on 101 in England.

There seems to still be a question mark over whether the BBC are even keeping BBC 2 regional variants anyway according to some, so that might be why they are holding out on them!
    The nations got BBC 1 HD opt outs Autumn/Winter 2012/2013 anyway, so thats half sorted there and the main half sorted as it covers the news ect!
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The other regions (Wales, NI, Scotland) do have HD channels, but it's on 102 (for Sky) so you can only get those in their respective countries, as opposed to the SD which is available around 960-979 or so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    The other regions (Wales, NI, Scotland) do have HD channels, but it's on 102 (for Sky) so you can only get those in their respective countries, as opposed to the SD which is available around 960-979 or so.

I think you might be getting things a little confused, on this page: http://www.a516digital.com/2014/03/bbc-one-hd-national-variants-to-become.html
    the table for Sky explains what the SD and HD channels for BBC 1 and BBC 2 are in England, Wales, Scotland and NI are and what happens if you dont have the HD pack what happens too!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »

Scotland (and presumably Northern Ireland and Wales) have BBC2 HD but it does not carry their local programmes.

e.g.
    HISTORY DOCUMENTARY: Clydebuilt: The Ships That Made the Commonwealth
    On: BBC 2 Scotland (02)
    Date: Monday 14th April 2014 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

Robert E. Lee. Episode 3.
    Documentary series exploring the stories of four ships built on the river Clyde. This programme tells the story of the Robert E. Lee, one of the most famous Clydebuilt blockade running paddle steamers. During the American Civil War, Glasgow shipbuilders and captains made a fortune transporting war supplies to the Confederate South and returning with valuable cotton. To run the blockade of Union warships these paddle steamers had to be fast and their crews fearless.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Starring: Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=7346

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    BUSINESS AND FINANCE: Real Storage Wars: Business Boomers
    On: BBC 2 HD
    Date: Monday 14th April 2014 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

Four-part series on businesses that have boomed despite tough economic times. This episode discovers why Britain came to have the biggest self-storage industry in Europe, when just three decades ago the industry didn't even exist in this country. It is the entertaining tale of canny entrepreneurs who grew rich selling empty space, of the garish multicoloured monster sheds that have sprung up around towns and cities and - above all - of Britain's national predilection for buying stuff and hoarding it.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=7346

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.