Will the managers door now start revolving at Man U

13»

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    We dropped points to relegation threatened teams and teams so poor that they sacked their managers. That is totally unacceptable.

United aren't exactly the only "top team" to do badly against a "bottom team" this season. Look at Chelsea/Sunderland and Man City/Sunderland. Liverpool only just beat Norwich on Sunday.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    I never understood why SAF was involved in choosing his successor. It doesn't happen i any other business that I am aware of. Once you leave a job you should never return. SAF should have left the club and cut all ties.

They should have appointed a joint manager a few seasons before SAF was due to retire. Then that person should have taken over the reins,
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    To suggest it's inevitable has little basis. They're set up for success already, and there's obviously no indication of the owners being the knee-jerk WIN NOW OR GET OUT types.

mwhahahahaha
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I said was absolutely right. In May 2013 Manchester Utd hadn't fired a manager in nearly 30 years, and the owners hadn't fired a single one.

There was no basis to say it was inevitable.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never understood why SAF was involved in choosing his successor. It doesn't happen i any other business that I am aware of. Once you leave a job you should never return. SAF should have left the club and cut all ties.

They should have appointed a joint manager a few seasons before SAF was due to retire. Then that person should have taken over the reins,

You must be new to watching football.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    United aren't exactly the only "top team" to do badly against a "bottom team" this season. Look at Chelsea/Sunderland and Man City/Sunderland. Liverpool only just beat Norwich on Sunday.

Yeah and thats part and parcel of football, these results happen every now and again, but thats not a consistent pattern of results that have become the norm. If we were only talking about a couple of games then it wouldnt be an issue but we are able to list many games and thats the problem.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    You must be new to watching football.

No. Its just common sense not to involve the leaving person in the recruitment process.