lola
    tracey
    kat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I think Kerry and Debbie in Emmerdale are currently locked in a two-woman tussle for this 'award'. :D Debbie constantly dumps poor Jack and Sarah on anyone who even glances in their direction. Anything to avoid actually looking after them herself. However, Kerry passing out drunk and almost frying the poor little mites probably pushes her into the lead at present. ;)

Where does Debbie actually GO when she dumps her kids? I know its work, but what? Does she go and sit in her study and have a queue of people come in, grant them favours and get them to kiss her hand!
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    You're welcome Wavlovr, I like to be of help :D

But can't believe I put EP instead of OP :o In my defence I'm currently fighting an ear infection and am trying to distract myself from the pain and buzzing in my ear but I've made so many mistakes today it's embarrassing! I'm blaming the painkillers!

:cool: I was cheering and getting very odd looks off my son (again I blame the painkillers!)

BIB: Again, I like to be helpful :D
    Amy was awesome tonight JR, just superb!

:eek: She sounds delightful!

Good post!

I know Lola should never in reality have had her baby taken away and been given help rather than a baby snatch on the filmiest of excuses but really, she didn't help herself did she? Social worker says tidy house. They don't. Social worker says take Lexi to Docs to have her nappy rash looked at. She doesn't but nicks cream off Janine instead (when she can get a free prescription!) If your social worker says do it you should do it and not have a sarky attitude. She might be young but she's been through the system herself and knows that these people hold all the power so instead of sticking her finger up at them she should have towed the line. Even on her access visits she's puts adult cream on her baby and caused a rash. Bought an age inappropriate toy. Snatched her and taken her to a drugs den without any 'baby supplies' etc. I know she loves her desperately and once she stops thinking she knows it all she'll be a great parent because there's more to that than just loving your kid - but it's a great place to start :)

And tell me Wavlovr, did you just LOVE Amy standing up to her mum tonight and not letting her crawl back to the B&B?

I absolutely loved that scene Lotty. There was a time when it looked like Amy was wavering, but fair play she stood her ground and she was superb. I was proud of her -she let her Mother know in no uncertain terms what she thought of her. I was cheering her on. In computer terms how I felt about Kerry last night...
    Attempting to give a damm.....attempt failed. Damm not given
    :D

Sorry to hear about your ear infection. My 2 sons suffered a few times during their childhood with ear infections, so I feel your pain. It must be 10 times worse for an adult. It can be dangerous too - especially if its an inner ear infection. I hope you are on the mend now Lotty.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie, at least Kerry doesnt know how to be a parent and when she does try it goes belly up. Debbie, knows how to be a parent. She demonstrated so by having a baby to cure Sarah. But suddenly she seems to have got bored with the kids and keeps on palming them off on anyone who will take them. Also with Kerry, when she tries, there is a certain warmth and maternal instinct, Debbie, on the other hand is cold, miserable and displays no maternal instinct.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another reason why Debbie is an unfit parent....
    When she was meeting that client at Home Farm for her curier business last night - she said she didn`t care where that booze was coming from. All she cared about was flirting with the guy and acting like Lady of the Manor even though it wasn`t even her house.
    I would have loved it if that client was an undercover cop. And if he arrests her, who will she turn to then? Who will she ask to bail her out? 'knobbie'?
    Will she suddenly remember she has two kids when she`s stuck in a jail cell? Because that`s what she deserves.
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley Carter, Martin Platt, Tim, Phil , Cilla Battersby
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt debbie sell her baby to paddy and emily?

And Amy herself - leaving a baby in a phone box.

How emmerdale forgets things
  • Options
    MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina hasn't even stolen her brat yet but I reckon she's going to be crap
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS
    Peter
    TRACY
    Kylie

ED
    debbie
    Debbie
    Debbie

EE
    ROXY
    Philth
    Jack
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Didnt debbie sell her baby to paddy and emily?

And Amy herself - leaving a baby in a phone box.

How emmerdale forgets things

Ah but dont forget she thought the kid had died and just panicked! A teenage girl giving birth alone outdoors on a freezing cold night its not totally evil that!

And anyway she gave up her kid to ensure he has a better and happy life that's the sign of a good responsible parent not a bad one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Haha true, I even forgot he had any kids :eek:

I think he has 9 :D
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    That two bit lush Shirley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember about ten years ago, some magazine ran a survey to see who was soap's best mother!! They showed the 'best three' and the 'worst three'.

Sarah-Louise shockingly was voted the best (popularity-based, clearly), and I think Eileen was in the top 3 as well. Viv Hope was in the bottom 3, although the soap editor said it was unfair and defended her! Pretty sure Cilla was in bottom 3 as well, can't remember who else was involved.

A lot I thought of had already been mentioned, but to restate, THERESA MCQUEEN.
    Also in Hollyoaks: Dr.Browning, Shelly Newton, Eva Strong, Bart's father, Val, Kathleen McQueen, Tony.

Corrie: Teresa, Dev, Cilla.

Emmerdale: Val, Bernice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Kerry's the worse and Theresa - I forgot the baby was hers, she's hardly ever looking after her.. either Carmel is or the baby is nowhere to be seen!