Tesco Delivery, Great Result.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just had my Tesco delivery and on checking it I found lots of extra products, probably about £30 worth.

Phoned Tesco but they couldn't get hold of the driver, no mobile signal.

When he phoned some ten minutes later he was miles away and just told me to keep it. Great result:)

Even better they are sending me a £10 voucher for being so honest:D

Has something similar ever happened to you?

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I await with interest a thread started by someone titled "Tesco Delivery, Crap Result" after finding a whole load of their shopping missing. ;)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    This happens fairly often and is nothing new.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good one OP. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just had my Tesco delivered today. Load of items were missing (about £30's worth), the kids will have to go without their dinner tonight.:(
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been complaining a lot to Tesco lately about their delivery,and have been given a few vouchers to compensate.

BUT - I once got delivered a crate of lager. My husband took delivery and assumed I had ordered it. It wasn't until I got home that i realised the error, called Tesco and they said I should keep it.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
    Forum Member
    This happens fairly often and is nothing new.

I bet you are fun at parties :rolleyes:
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just had my Tesco delivered today. Load of items were missing (about £30's worth), the kids will have to go without their dinner tonight.:(

but on the bright side, at least they refunded you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    I await with interest a thread started by someone titled "Tesco Delivery, Crap Result" after finding a whole load of their shopping missing. ;)

I was a bit worried by that but the driver, who is our regular one, had made his last drop of the day and all orders were complete.

These bags didn't even have order number stickers on them.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I was a bit worried by that but the driver, who is our regular one, had made his last drop of the day and all orders were complete.

These bags didn't even have order number stickers on them.

Tesco are crap
    Never on time, substitute things that have nothing in common with the original item and something is always missing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thankfully I haven't got yours unless they deliver that far from Carlisle:D
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something similar happened to me once. As the driver was handing over the bags, I noticed a bag with a 2 bottles of vodka in it. I said that I didn't order any alcohol so it wasn't mine.

He asked me 'would you drink it?'. 'I suppose I would' I said.

He then said just to keep it as I was the last drop off of the day and it was easier than having to explain to his manager why he had brought stuff back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Tesco are crap
    Never on time, substitute things that have nothing in common with the original item and something is always missing

In 8 years I have only had a problem with one delivery, they forgot to put my Rum in.:(
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    In 8 years I have only had a problem with one delivery, they forgot to put my Rum in.:(

They on e substituted rum for sambuca
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    Tesco are crap

I have quite the opposite experience with Tesco, I very rarely have any issues.

The best I've got out of Tesco are some extra yogurts, a bag of potatoes and some long life milk, I'm clearly missing out :(
    Forum Member
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    He then said just to keep it as I was the last drop off of the day and it was easier than having to explain to his manager why he had brought stuff back!
    A damn sight easier than for whichever of his colleagues trying to explain what happened to the two missing bottles of vodka. They were bang out of order.
  • MubMub Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I have quite the opposite experience with Tesco, I very rarely have any issues.

The best I've got out of Tesco are some extra yogurts, a bag of potatoes and some long life milk, I'm clearly missing out :(

Same here. It must be something to do with the quality of the store personnel. We rarely have anything missing and the substitutes are always good, and often of a better quality. I think it's important to set out within the settings in your account what you will and will not accept as substitutes.

Never had anything really good delivered that I hadn't ordered, sadly!
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a break down of the over delivered items please?

Only a good result if they are things you will actually use or like. 3 packets of Go Cat, when you haven't got one is no result at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Can we have a break down of the over delivered items please?

Only a good result if they are things you will actually use or like. 3 packets of Go Cat, when you haven't got one is no result at all.

Fortunately everything was usable. Frozen the meat and fish and my wife has just eaten the pizza.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good one OP. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

I agree with this, you do many good deeds OP, you deserve it.:)
    Forum Member
    All stored in the chiller then where those labels are not so sticky and tend to fall off and someone has guessed who they belong to.
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered a Muslim terrorist but they had run out so I got an EDL thug instead.

You could not make it up
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    One day I ordered frozen fish fillets in a white wine and spring onion sauce, they were unavailable. My substitution? 20 Birdseye fish fingers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    One day I ordered frozen fish fillets in a white wine and spring onion sauce, they were unavailable. My substitution? 20 Birdseye fish fingers!

haha funny:D
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yah. Coupla weeks ago I got three packs of two bacon - so that's 36 slices in total - that I hadn't asked for and weren't on the sheet. Back in February - the week of my birthday - they didn't have the 75cl of whisky I ordered so gave me 1l for the same price :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Yah. Coupla weeks ago I got three packs of two bacon - so that's 36 slices in total - that I hadn't asked for and weren't on the sheet. Back in February - the week of my birthday - they didn't have the 75cl of whisky I ordered so gave me 1l for the same price :)

Thinking about it now I ordered a ltr bottle of Rum and they sent me two 75cl bottles as a replacement.