PS4 - Anyone else having doubts?

13»

Comments

• jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    BF4 is on the PC too and the system requirements aren't that high either, I assume it's because of the PS4s/XB1s more PC friendly architecture.

it's also going to be the first title to use AMDs Mantle, if you have a 77xx or up Radeon the game should get a massive performance boost when Mantle is added in december.

I saw that article when they spoke about using Mantle instead of DX11. Great for my gaming pc which uses 2x HD7970s but my laptop (most used at the mo.) is on a GT765M.

Still BF3 runs on high settings at 30fps-60fps at 1080p so hopefully won't have too much compromise on BF4 on my laptop!

Thats the other thing I'm looking at - the PS3/PC beta for BF4. 3 If it looks great and plays great on PS3 I may get the current gen version then go to PS4 next Feb/March. Same with COD, watch dogs etc. Option for COD is there with the PS3 version and then upgrade.

I guess I'm looking at the launch line up and only Killzone stands out - everything else I can get on one or more other platform!

Think the BF4 beta is going to contribute to my choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only game I forse playing on the next gen in the not so distant feature is COD Ghosts and I have allready pre ordered that on the PS3
    the reason I havn't ordered the next gen version is because

1. it's more expensive then the PS3 version
    2. you need a PS+ membership to play the online multiplayer
    (which I havn't got atm)

these are the 2 main reasons if the price's were the same and the mulitplayer
    was free I would undoubtly get the PS4 version but there not as you know

I also have Gta V and Fifa 13 both I can play online on my ps3 for free
    also I will be getting the new south park game which isn't even being released on next gen

so I have no real reason to upgrade to the PS4 just yet as for me theres not a lot to play on it just yet
    but saying all this I got a good deal getting the console down to £330 with £5 cashback so £325
    and it may not get a price drop like that well into next year so I think I'll just continue with my Pre order
    and stick it next to my ps3 while I play on that

So you're buying a PS4 to play nothing then? :confused:
  • TellyAddickTellyAddick Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »
    So you're buying a PS4 to play nothing then? :confused:

For the foreseeable future yes..hence my dilemma in weather to cancel my pre order.

But like I say I got a good deal on it by getting the price down to £325 so I might just stick with that..
    I'm thinking of buying Watchdogs on it when the price comes down to around £30. £50 + what the shops are charging is to much atm imo

When I get it I'll probably just use it for the multimedia features at first and download a few demo's..
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the foreseeable future yes..hence my dilemma in weather to cancel my pre order.

But like I say I got a good deal on it by getting the price down to £325 so I might just stick with that..
    I'm thinking of buying Watchdogs on it when the price comes down to around £30. £50 + what the shops are charging is to much atm imo

When I get it I'll probably just use it for the multimedia features at first and download a few demo's..

What multimedia features? It plays blu-rays and netflix the same as a PS3 so not really any different to what you have.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No second thoughts here: Resogun, War Thunder and Driveclub will be a good start for me, plus WatchDogs as I've got the Spec' Ed on pre-order which comes with a rather sexy hat/scarf combo.

I have trouble getting TV time to play my PS3, so the more I can start remote-playing on my Vita the better.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have we heard anything about the multimedia functions of PS4?

What I really want to know is will it play MKV files.

I watch a lot of videos on my PS3 either from an external HDD or streamed from my PC so it is important I can continue doing that with the PS4.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Have we heard anything about the multimedia functions of PS4?

What I really want to know is will it play MKV files.

I watch a lot of videos on my PS3 either from an external HDD or streamed from my PC so it is important I can continue doing that with the PS4.

Is it going to act as a 3D Blu Ray player as well?

That's a concern for me as it would be nice to carry on that functionality from the PS3.