Options

The music plays a HUGE part! Who chooses?

Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering if it's the professional? I love that there's great diversity and you don't know whether you're going to be getting 70's soul or Tony Bennett! However, do they rely on the Pro's personal knowledge of music? You occasionally you get some really strange ones, that aren't that well known and I'm sure don't help the confidence, if they're already struggling. (Yep, Rachel comes to mind!)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ahh cheers Doghouse - I put "music" in the search engine when it should have been "songs!" ;)
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Just wondering if it's the professional? I love that there's great diversity and you don't know whether you're going to be getting 70's soul or Tony Bennett! However, do they rely on the Pro's personal knowledge of music? You occasionally you get some really strange ones, that aren't that well known and I'm sure don't help the confidence, if they're already struggling. (Yep, Rachel comes to mind!)

As far as I know the pros submit a list of any requests before the series starts. They might not have a choice for every routine and will be allocated a song if they haven't stated a preference. There might also be times when the producers will give them a song if there are too many of the same style on one night just to add a bit of variety... Plus there is the added issue of the theme weeks and finding suitable songs.

I think the final decision on who dances to what is down to the producers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    As far as I know the pros submit a list of any requests before the series starts. They might not have a choice for every routine and will be allocated a song if they haven't stated a preference. There might also be times when the producers will give them a song if there are too many of the same style on one night just to add a bit of variety... Plus there is the added issue of the theme weeks and finding suitable songs.

I think the final decision on who dances to what is down to the producers.

Thanks Dilly - yes I just saw in the other thread that last year Pasha wasn't impressed with Hungry like a Wolf for the Paso, so sounds like I can't blame him for Rachel's duff music choices the past two weeks!