Username Silliness (Part 2)

Comments

• An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Did anyone think to pack Dangermoose's cage?
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Did anyone think to pack Dangermoose's cage?

yes i sorted it last night cushions, blankets and vodka all ready in case she pops back...
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    yes i sorted it last night cushions, blankets and vodka all ready in case she pops back...

Well done you. At least we have confirmed she hasn't got locked in there by accident. Fink is conspicuous by his absence.

I would have thought he would have found us by now, he always seems quite bright. All those one liners must have made his mind puny.
    Forum Member
    Well done you. At least we have confirmed she hasn't got locked in there by accident. Fink is conspicuous by his absence.

I would have thought he would have found us by now, he always seems quite bright. All those one liners must have made his mind puny.

i sent him a PM last night, saturday is a busy work day and i read that his general area has a lot of people without electricity today so don't know if he is effected.....
    Forum Member
    i sent him a PM last night, saturday is a busy work day and i read that his general area has a lot of people without electricity today so don't know if he is effected.....

Ironic isn't it? Last Sunday I eventually capitulated to the scare stories and spent the morning moving anything remotely portable indoors - patio tubs and so forth. Complete non event.

Tonight = no particular warnings and its blowing a gale outside here.
    Forum Member
    Ironic isn't it? Last Sunday I eventually capitulated to the scare stories and spent the morning moving anything remotely portable indoors - patio tubs and so forth. Complete non event.

Tonight = no particular warnings and its blowing a gale outside here.

same here An also monsoon heavy rain for the past couple of days.....can't sit in the sitting room cos the noise of the wind blowing in the chimney was SOOOOOOOOO loud!!
    Forum Member
    I have a similar problem sometimes. If the wind is in a certain direction it whistles through the windows. It doesn't happen often; I think only if its a northerly wind. When it happens I have been known to abandon the bedroom and sleep in my lounge. But tonight is good wind. Its strong but howling past rather than onto the building so I feel all safe and cosy in here. I put my heating on for the first time tonight too so I am proper snug - a bit too snug actually.
    Forum Member
    I have a similar problem sometimes. If the wind is in a certain direction it whistles through the windows. It doesn't happen often; I think only if its a northerly wind. When it happens I have been known to abandon the bedroom and sleep in my lounge. But tonight is good wind. Its strong but howling past rather than onto the building so I feel all safe and cosy in here. I put my heating on for the first time tonight too so I am proper snug - a bit too snug actually.

hahahaha yes the same here with almost all of that!!! although a couple of weekends ago some friends from the south came up and i had to prematurely heat the house while they were here, fragile little hothouse flowers....i was in summer clothes :o
    Forum Member
    I have just turned it off again. I had put it on on account of being home all night, having a cold and a forecast overnight low of 5 degrees. However the day was milder than I expected.

I hate artificial heat. I prefer to snuggle up under a blanket - wear layers and furry booties or bask in the sun of course.
    Forum Member
    hahahaha yes the same here with almost all of that!!! although a couple of weekends ago some friends from the south came up and i had to prematurely heat the house while they were here, fragile little hothouse flowers....i was in summer clothes :o

I try to avoid house guests in October and March because my heating is usually off and they come here and shiver. You can come though!
    Forum Member
    I try to avoid house guests in October and March because my heating is usually off and they come here and shiver. You can come though!

hahahhaahha thanks!!! it was lovely when Sarah Soreen came round, so nice not to have to swelter with the heating when i'd normally have the back door open, as she is the same as us!!!!

the hardy lasses! (without nancy drew)
    Forum Member
    hahahhaahha thanks!!! it was lovely when Sarah Soreen came round, so nice not to have to swelter with the heating when i'd normally have the back door open, as she is the same as us!!!!

the hardy lasses! (without nancy drew)

Did she come round in real life? Oh wow fancy that. I don't know why I am surprised, something to do with making the virtual world to real world leap I suppose.
    Forum Member
    Did she come round in real life? Oh wow fancy that. I don't know why I am surprised, something to do with making the virtual world to real world leap I suppose.

we found out we lived really close to each other!!!
    tea and cakes, what else? :D:D
    maybe one day we can all get together at some place equidistant for everyone!
    Forum Member
    we found out we lived really close to each other!!!
    tea and cakes, what else? :D:D
    maybe one day we can all get together at some place equidistant for everyone!

That sounds like fun although they do say never meet your heroes. I once saw a photo of the actors that play the various characters in the Archers. They were labelled with their character names. I was virtually traumatised. they nearly all looked completely wrong. Fortunately the visuals in my head have proved to be stronger than the real people.
    Forum Member
    That sounds like fun although they do say never meet your heroes. I once saw a photo of the actors that play the various characters in the Archers. They were labelled with their character names. I was virtually traumatised. they nearly all looked completely wrong. Fortunately the visuals in my head have proved to be stronger than the real people.

it's weird that saying.....i've met quite a few of my "heroes" and i can't think of one disappointment....but i know exactly what you mean in another way....it's why i can't stand audio books!! i prefer the version my head does!

ETA i'm sure Dave wouldn't disappoint :D:D
    Forum Member
    it's weird that saying.....i've met quite a few of my "heroes" and i can't think of one disappointment....but i know exactly what you mean in another way....it's why i can't stand audio books!! i prefer the version my head does!

ETA i'm sure Dave wouldn't disappoint :D:D

No I don't think he would either but he might scare the neighbours and other animals. :D:D Depends what he wears I suppose.
    Forum Member
    No I don't think he would either but he might scare the neighbours and other animals. :D:D Depends what he wears I suppose.

:D
    i'd probably come incognito and leave my Temple of Ron robes at home:D
    Forum Member
    I don't know what is going on here but I keep losing my web connection. I posted twice with things that are not here - once about Dave in drag.

Anyway I am off to the land of nod now if I can breath anyway.
    Night xx
    Forum Member
    I don't know what is going on here but I keep losing my web connection. I posted twice with things that are not here - once about Dave in drag.

Anyway I am off to the land of nod now if I can breath anyway.
    Night xx

same thing has been happening here all day...internets has wind :o
    sleep well stay :Dcool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *faint rustling of clothes being sorted while loolking for waterproofs*
    Bloody holiday dog walking.
    Bah!:mad::mad:
    *sorts sparkly dresses into seperate pile from cashmere*
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hah!
    sorted out my being dim a few days back puzzling over changing those numbers next to the username in quoted bits of posts.
    It's really obvious. That's the code for the post you're quoting. I've never used the little white arrow in the blue box before!!!
    So when I changed the number in planets post to one from An, what I was doing was repointing the direction to that post to another.

That could be interesting :D Post something, quote it, then make the original say something different.
    Stored for future use :p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *sound of interesting clothing material combinations rustling ceases*
    There, all sorted.
    Oxfam are in for a shock tomorrow.
    :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Testing (just ignore me :D ):
    rest deleted after playing around satisfactorily;)
    Forum Member
    Testing (just ignore me :D ):
    rest deleted after playing around satisfactorily;)

yeah yeah *checks thread with anti bugging technology*
    Forum Member
    i see the mods did a lovely job of adding the welcome at the beginning of the thread...thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.