Options

here we go again

martinj1martinj1 Posts: 325
Forum Member
why cannot those in charge just leave the design of forums as they are..so we now have...faded blue lettering, big gaps between topic
sorry do not like!

not every change is an improvement

Comments

• Options
    AndrewLGAndrewLG Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I agree, a step back! :confused::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't look like a forum, and there are some real accessibility issues - not enough contrast between text and background colours in several places.
  • Options
    Gerry WicklowGerry Wicklow Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought my PC had gone bananas with massive grey gaps all over the page. Please undo this mess. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't read the full posts even if i resize the page. It gets chopped off at the right hand side. Oh dear who designed this! Bring back the proper one i can read.
  • Options
    Point17Point17 Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not a fan of the changes.. especially the homepage, comics, bollywood and fun all removed :(
  • Options
    staticmanstaticman Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Point17 wrote: »
    not a fan of the changes.. especially the homepage, comics, bollywood and fun all removed :(

You're lucky you found the Sat forums, there wasn't even a forum link an hour ago!
  • Options
    davesulldavesull Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Change for change's sake. And not for the better. Has DS nothing better to do with its staff?
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible changes, I'd like the top two inches of my screen back first of all please, instead of the stupid static menu that I won't ever use!
  • Options
    davidjohndavidjohn Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I can't read them too the right hand side of page is chopped of
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    One massive horror show.
    You want to change things, you test them first, this wasn't tested, if it was, they were by blind folks!
    That menu bar at the top... Its HUGE and... No!

Go back, to what was perfect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main compaint thread for this is here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1916417

(92 pages long as I post this and growing at about a page a minute!)
  • Options
    martinj1martinj1 Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    remember the case of coke who changed the recipe - digital spy learn from their mistake
  • Options
    walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidjohn wrote: »
    I can't read them too the right hand side of page is chopped of

I don't like that chopped off on the right hand side either. :cry:
  • Options
    popstar62popstar62 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I'm having problems actually reading the content due to the new colour scheme, also, the right-hand side is chopped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    please revert back to previous incarnation as it looks like an old version of word.
  • Options
    Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are listening and have already implemented some fixes and more are coming - see thread:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/announcement.php?f=142&a=391
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are listening and have already implemented some fixes and more are coming - see thread:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/announcement.php?f=142&a=391

It's sad that they haven't seen fit to apologise for releasing an update which clearly wasn't tested properly.

The correct thing to do would have been to rollback the update until they had fixed everything in a test environment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 3 boxes at bottom right of each post need to be rectangles containing the words
    "Quote" ...." Multiquote". ......"alert"
    The use of meaningless symbols is just irritating, & misleading.

The same is true of the symbols meant to represent "unread" on posts, threads & groups of threads.

The background is far too bright.
    Text is too small, my eyes have just been tested as fit for HGVs but I may need glasses just for your font size.

If quoted text was in an italic font & dark red then interleaved replies in black would be more obvious.

At least you you have allowed the full line to be seen on an iPad.
    David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure DS will listen or look at the complaints,we are its market research after all.

I too find the colours difficult to read.
  • Options
    mbsnrmbsnr Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone find the page numbers at the bottom to be in the wrong colour? Normally in a forum (at least the ones I use) the page you are on is bold black and the clickable other pages a lighter black or blue.

Here we get the current page in blue and the others all black....

Minor issue I know... :o
  • Options
    macharemachare Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janet owen wrote: »
    I am sure DS will listen or look at the complaints,we are its market research after all.

I just hope that you are right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    machare wrote: »
    I just hope that you are right.

It may well bring it to the owners notice quicker (James Walsh)if the header was about the problem, "Here we go again", I don't think will be picked up that easily by Mods & passed on to James Walsh

Found this http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/about/product/a535629/digital-spy-relaunch-latest-fix-updates.html
  • Options
    wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Agree with all above, the site looks a mess now - looks like av forum for me from now onwards
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the "faded" look is not good - I have a job to read the text where its so faded out. At least the old style was clearer. First day I have seen the new design - the mobile version doesn't appear to have the new look yet.
  • Options
    ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just the layout and colours that are rubbish.

I have necer seen such a horrible text font used, well not since the days of MSDOS.

DS, so something about it. I'm not using your site much at all at the moment, because it is horrible.