Is Susanna the Chris Hollins of 2013?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has she already won this? I think the BBC really want her to win...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In some senses. Although Chris is a very humble and likeable man - I got the impression he thought he shouldn't win and didn't want to, and was largely doing it because it meant so much to Ola.
  • StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    In some senses. Although Chris is a very humble and likeable man - I got the impression he thought he shouldn't win and didn't want to, and was largely doing it because it meant so much to Ola.

I concur though he was quite good and I routed for them as I wasn't the biggest Natalie Lowe fan and I didn't like Hollyoaks as much as I do now so I could take or leave Ricky Whittle.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In term of her partnership with Kevin, yes. There are parallels with Team Cola, they have the same sort of broad appeal.

In terms of dancing, though she's not brilliant, I'd say Susanna looks better than Chris Hollins. All the remaining celebrities do in my opinon. I watched his Argentine Tango back the other day at it looked even worse than Susanna's to me. He also cocked up lots of his dances and his Paso was just a child throwing a massive tantrum (and I say all this as someone who voted for Chris & Ola!).
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »

Oh please. Yes they really want her to win by putting her at the bottom of the leaderboard & brainwashing people to vote for her.

She topped the vote, she is popular, she might win. So what. The best dancer very rarely wins
  • StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being fair to Susanna (and I'm not a fan) she does epitomise in a way what the show is about. She's certainly having the time of her life and is not afraid to show it.

That said, my problem with last night is if you capture the essence of a certain dance a smile wider than most of Wayne Rooney's efforts from close range is not the way to dance an AT!
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where do you get this idea from? She wasn't top of the leaderboard this week and she was voted out of the Swingathon first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    In term of her partnership with Kevin, yes. There are parallels with Team Cola, they have the same sort of broad appeal.

In terms of dancing, though she's not brilliant, I'd say Susanna looks better than Chris Hollins. All the remaining celebrities do in my opinon. I watched his Argentine Tango back the other day at it looked even worse than Susanna's to me. He also cocked up lots of his dances and his Paso was just a child throwing a massive tantrum (and I say all this as someone who voted for Chris & Ola!).

But she has danced at least two stunning dances and is much better than Collins was at this stage.
  • jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Of course it's good for the BBC if Susanna wins but that does not mean it's a fix or a foregone conclusion.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeidiB wrote: »
    But she has danced at least two stunning dances and is much better than Collins was at this stage.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, she's better :)

They all are.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Where do you get this idea from? She wasn't top of the leaderboard this week and she was voted out of the Swingathon first.

Most of the posters in the "voting" threads have Susanna and Sophie as top 2 with the public. (mathematically)

If this is the case and they want her to win (she is a BBC employee and doing the tour) then...
    IMHO it will Sophie out next week.
    Sophie will be undermarked and in the D/O so they can keep Patrick in the final, as he has poor public support so cannot win.

Natalie and Abbey will be both be overmarked in the final, making Susanna the underdog.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    True, they need to get rid off Sophie first (even if Susanna is perhaps leading the vote by some margin).
  • Demi_pointesDemi_pointes Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Is Susanna the Chris Hollins of 2013? Has she already won this? I think the BBC really want her to win...

Please don't say that! But the breakfast show gig, the gurning, the over-enthusiastic pro partner, the not so great dancing ability, the overwhelming public support... Aarrgghh! Cue music from Jaws...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please. Yes they really want her to win by putting her at the bottom of the leaderboard & brainwashing people to vote for her.

She topped the vote, she is popular, she might win. So what. The best dancer very rarely wins

All I asked was if she was a Chris Hollin's type of contestant? I didn't state my opinion or anything?

I reckon Patrick is out next in a dance off with Natalie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I asked was if she was a Chris Hollin's type of contestant? I didn't state my opinion or anything?

I reckon Patrick is out next in a dance off with Natalie.

In the opening post you said 'I think the BBC want her to win'. That's an opinion. That was what I was responding too really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the opening post you said 'I think the BBC want her to win'. That's an opinion. That was what I was responding too really.

I wouldn't view that as an opinion but according to the dictionary it's probably classified as one... although for me an opinion would be "I really think BBC want Susanna to win... and i think that is absolutely crazy

Anyways... she's not the best dancer, just like sophie is not the best dancer, just like chris wasn't the best dancer... i never said it was wrong that she'd win.? I just asked if it's possible she's already won it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry. Let's not argue over definitions. I don't think she's already won it, I think there is a good chance she might, I think it's between Susanna & Sophie at the moment. I wondered if Susanna's support might be slipping a bit but after tonight I think definately not. However who knows how it will pan out, if one or others of the S's are eliminated next week the support they had could go to Abbey or Natalie. Patrick stands no chance of winning. If he makes the final he will be lucky.
  • nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I don't think the Beeb are up to anything more than manipulating hype, for whatever reason people in their droves appear to have made a real connection to Susanna and are rooting for her - I can't see it nor can I see he adoration that some have for Anton- but to each their own
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being fair to Susanna (and I'm not a fan) she does epitomise in a way what the show is about. She's certainly having the time of her life and is not afraid to show it.

That said, my problem with last night is if you capture the essence of a certain dance a smile wider than most of Wayne Rooney's efforts from close range is not the way to dance an AT!

What is it with some people? your remark about Wayne Rooney is totally uncalled for!.....are you a reporter? The world cup is just around the corner and lets slag off the best ENGLISH footballer this country has>:(........pathetic!......the SCD forum is certainly not the place to do it!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the time I disliked Hollins for winning over better dancers. These days I am less intense about it all, I do not mind anybody of them winning.
  • SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think Susanna is anything like Chris Hollins. For some reason I always thought of Team Cola as one person, lol. They sort of melded into one, I was voting for Ola as much as Chris, because I thoroughly enjoyed all the dances they did, and they were completely entertaining the whole way through, even when Chris screwed up. They were also two little people and looked very cute when they were dancing....

Susanna does not have that kind of partnership with Kevin, and is not even remotely as entertaining each week. In fact the only dance of hers I really remember is that Paso.
  • SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with some people? your remark about Wayne Rooney is totally uncalled for!.....are you a reporter? The world cup is just around the corner and lets slag off the best ENGLISH footballer this country has>:(........pathetic!......the SCD forum is certainly not the place to do it!

Wayne is now somewhat past his best, his tantrums are getting old (along with his legs), and if you think he's the best English footballer we've got, then it's no wonder we're always struggling to get past the quarter finals. (How many times is it we've lost in the quarter finals on penalties, now?).

I would have said (up until he fell off that bar stool and destroyed the muscles in one of his legs, followed by being forcibly sold by Newcastle) that Andy Carroll had the best chance of being the best footballer we have, but that's not going to happen now.

Our biggest problem is that the premier league teams give match experience to the footballers of the world, but not our own home grown talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I agree that she's a better dancer but doesn't quite have that partnership magic that made Team Cola pretty unbeatable.

I thought the response last night to her going through was really interesting - and marks her out as a huge popular figure. But it will be equally interesting to see what happens when the people who don't usually vote until the end start joining in.

In Chris' year, there was much less competition at this stage. The quarters that year were him, Ricky, Ali and Laila so much less close in terms of dance ability as this year and Laila had gone as far as she could by then.

With a four person final, things are much tougher and those extra votes that come in at the end will make much more of a difference.

I think a lot also depends on how many ties we get on the judges' leaderboard next week. If Susanna continues to score poorly with them, just one tie above her could make a huge difference. But then she may come out next week and totally blow us away with her dancing. Not if she does have to do the rumba though - I really can't see that working.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are definitely parallels..

However, Chris was up against Ricky/Natalie and Ali/Brian, who were good dancers but terrible personalities to get behind. That whole series was a mess.

Susanna has it much harder. Competing for votes with Sophie (next week's leaderboard should be very revealing IMO), and great dancers like Natalie and Abbey.

A 4-couple all-female final would be amazing (please, TPTB!). I do feel the judges have used poor Patrick, if the scores and votes sit right I can imagine him taking out Susanna or Sophie next week. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Sorry. Let's not argue over definitions. I don't think she's already won it, I think there is a good chance she might, I think it's between Susanna & Sophie at the moment. I wondered if Susanna's support might be slipping a bit but after tonight I think definately not. However who knows how it will pan out, if one or others of the S's are eliminated next week the support they had could go to Abbey or Natalie. Patrick stands no chance of winning. If he makes the final he will be lucky.

Which is sad cause they are the worst dancers left. It's not fair and that bugs me but Oh ,well - what can you do? I am not the biggest fan of Patrick, Natalie or Abbey but their ability is way above Susanna's and Sophie's. Talent matters-at least it should!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuzyPashaa wrote: »
    Which is sad cause they are the worst dancers left. It's not fair and that bugs me but Oh ,well - what can you do? I am not the biggest fan of Patrick, Natalie or Abbey but their ability is way above Susanna's and Sophie's. Talent matters-at least it should!

The judges get to score the technique, the public vote for their favourite. Then the judges get a second chance to save a couple via the DO. It's quite fair, really.

ETA: Reading that back it's not fair at all! FIX! :D