Absolute 80s

2»

Comments

• Adam_ShawAdam_Shaw Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    What is that then? If you are talking about Dance Music then I disagree even though Absolute 90s does play some of the more rememberable Dance tracks.But alot of the Dance stuff from the 90s was unlistenable crap! Also Absolute is a brand so the decade stations are bound to closely represent the format of the main station.

The very best dance music ever created was born in the 90's and creating a 90's station and wiping a huge amount of some great dance tracks is quite absurb is there any wonder why it's a failing radio station.

When I listened years a go all I heard was some cheap crappy rock music that I cannot even remember in the 90's, the sort of music you would see in the 99p bin at Andy's Records. Why do you think Kisstory has been such a success, because they have done something that Absolute have refused to do.

Loads of dance music from the 90s is still been played heavily in clubs and pubs, let alone stations like heart and real radio because the demand is still there.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam_Shaw wrote: »
    The very best dance music ever created was born in the 90's and creating a 90's station and wiping a huge amount of some great dance tracks is quite absurb is there any wonder why it's a failing radio station.

When I listened years a go all I heard was some cheap crappy rock music that I cannot even remember in the 90's, the sort of music you would see in the 99p bin at Andy's Records. Why do you think Kisstory has been such a success, because they have done something that Absolute have refused to do.

Loads of dance music from the 90s is still been played heavily in clubs and pubs, let alone stations like heart and real radio because the demand is still there.
    And those stations go for a completely different audience. And the Rock based stuff is much more timeless. Dance music contributed to the decline of Pop music.
  • Adam_ShawAdam_Shaw Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    And those stations go for a completely different audience. And the Rock based stuff is much more timeless. Dance music contributed to the decline of Pop music.

Pop music is as popular as it was 10 years a go - X Factor is a good example, how many pop songs do you hear in the charts compared with rock music currently? I can't imagine too many people downloading an Oasis or Radiohead album in 2014.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam_Shaw wrote: »
    Pop music is as popular as it was 10 years a go - X Factor is a good example, how many pop songs do you hear in the charts compared with rock music currently? I can't imagine too many people downloading an Oasis or Radiohead album in 2014.
    Are you seriousy on a wind up? Of course people are buying and downloading music by artists like Radiohead and Oasis. By your argument Radio 1 would have more listeners than Radio 2. The charts only mostly appeal to people under 30 and in the 90s album sales were alot higher than now where artists like Oasis would sell alot more albums than many Dance acts.