Why does Lily Allen seem to get into so many feuds?This time Fearne Cotton!

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2563969/Fearne-Cotton-sparks-Twitter-spat-claiming-Lily-Allen-blanked-FIVE-times-BRIT-Awards.html

Twitter "spat" after Fearne claimed Lily snubbed her many times at the brit awards.She seems so likeable yet rubs many famous females up the wrong way -no pun intended

Comments

• Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant you just like someones music? Cant you inore the persona the press create and just like the music?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Cant you just like someones music? Cant you inore the persona the press create and just like the music?

You can indeed.

But in my opinion, she's crap at that too.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I heard this is more Fearne Cotton's issue in that she is always over familiar with bands and singers that she hardly knows. If you meet someone once that doesn't make them your best friend.

Lily Allen for all her failings hasn't done anything wrong in this case.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    She's a spoilt brat and I get the impression she's not all that pleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's a child of nepotism. She fired one of her band at only her second gig because apparently felt they were trying to drown her out. Rather than sing above them, because she can't, she had a tantrum on her Myspace account about how they ruined her show and had to go. Then go watch her Johnathan Ross interview where she basically tried to tell him how to interview her or her Mum would have to have words with him after the show. Then there was her show about setting up her clothing shop where she bullied and demeaned her sister/business partners constantly/had a tantrum about the shop layout even though she barely showed up while it was being set up even though she was called constantly to come down and get involved/lorded it over everyone it was her money at stake and if it failed, she'd be the one who'd have to make more records if they couldn't make money. Look at how she made a song about how her ex was crap in bed after she miscarried their child together, making it explicit in press interviews she was referring to her ex-boyfriend out of the Chemical Brothers who was older than her and should have been more experienced at "controlling himself", assuming he must have shagged tons of groupies before her while revelling in the fact she lost her virginity in her early teens and so was obviously actually more experienced and better in bed. Look at her mouthing off towards Cheryl Cole but apparently apologised in person, only to then mouth off to her again months later.

She is a deluded and spoiled little toerag, she'd fight with a wet paperbag if she thought it'd get her another Q interview.

Her comeback single was about women being sexualised in the media to sell music... funny, I guess she forgot going out in flimsy tops with no bra and getting topless while posing with big cats while she was trying to promote her second album. Her song The Fear included lyrics deriding artists for "cussing each other" and she then started arguments with almost every other female artist going.

She's a complete and utter contradictory moron. The sooner she goes away and stays away, the better.

I actually was a fan of her early material through Regent Records but then I did my research, watched where she went with her career and frankly now I just find her as gimmicky and tasteless as Iceland Party Food for £1.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the time between releasing her first "mix-tape" and her first proper single, I remember visiting her website, designed to introduce her to the world. It contained the line "I'm a fan of pop music, just not crap like ..." and listed some recently defunct pop bands.

It came across as engineered, yet safe, controversy. The bands listed were famous and had been very successful, but not particularly cool, and more importantly, not still active, or signed to her label.

I get the sense she thinks she's a really nice person, and everyone else is always to blame. In her mind, she's simply "outspoken" or "honest", while everyone else is taking advantage of her celebrity, and being mean to her.

Definitely spoilt brat syndrome, and growing up as the child of famous parents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    That music privacy blog she started just showed her up to be clueless and stuck up, just like most things she does.

She's on her way out though, comeback single flopped.

Get back to selling Iceland food and sky TV.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lily Allen. Yes, she's a gobby mare, but at least she's not bland and boring. I also like her music.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a child of nepotism. She fired one of her band at only her second gig because apparently felt they were trying to drown her out. Rather than sing above them, because she can't, she had a tantrum on her Myspace account about how they ruined her show and had to go. Then go watch her Johnathan Ross interview where she basically tried to tell him how to interview her or her Mum would have to have words with him after the show. Then there was her show about setting up her clothing shop where she bullied and demeaned her sister/business partners constantly/had a tantrum about the shop layout even though she barely showed up while it was being set up even though she was called constantly to come down and get involved/lorded it over everyone it was her money at stake and if it failed, she'd be the one who'd have to make more records if they couldn't make money. Look at how she made a song about how her ex was crap in bed after she miscarried their child together, making it explicit in press interviews she was referring to her ex-boyfriend out of the Chemical Brothers who was older than her and should have been more experienced at "controlling himself", assuming he must have shagged tons of groupies before her while revelling in the fact she lost her virginity in her early teens and so was obviously actually more experienced and better in bed. Look at her mouthing off towards Cheryl Cole but apparently apologised in person, only to then mouth off to her again months later.

She is a deluded and spoiled little toerag, she'd fight with a wet paperbag if she thought it'd get her another Q interview.

Her comeback single was about women being sexualised in the media to sell music... funny, I guess she forgot going out in flimsy tops with no bra and getting topless while posing with big cats while she was trying to promote her second album. Her song The Fear included lyrics deriding artists for "cussing each other" and she then started arguments with almost every other female artist going.

She's a complete and utter contradictory moron. The sooner she goes away and stays away, the better.

I actually was a fan of her early material through Regent Records but then I did my research, watched where she went with her career and frankly now I just find her as gimmicky and tasteless as Iceland Party Food for £1.

The person who commented that "Lily could start an argument in an empty room" has got it right.

Perhaps it wasn't entirely of her instigation this time, but she does seem to have a habit of 'falling into' these kind of arguments, invariably with other women, often on Twitter.

She's very needy, always going about how she was never 'pretty enough' and how shallow the industry is. Even now that she is married with a young family, it still doesn't seem to be enough for her to step away from these playground spats.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you can have a little whine and a moan. And it's only because you are feeling alone. At first when I see you cry. It makes me smile.
    :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    From what I heard this is more Fearne Cotton's issue in that she is always over familiar with bands and singers that she hardly knows. If you meet someone once that doesn't make them your best friend.

Lily Allen for all her failings hasn't done anything wrong in this case.

This. Fearne Cotton is incredibly false and it was a bit remiss of her to make those comments as a radio presenter on the radio I thought?

Lily is far from perfect, but she's honest & straight-up, which makes her stand out.
  • deltadelta Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lily Allen. Yes, she's a gobby mare, but at least she's not bland and boring. I also like her music.

She's ignorant and pretty thick. She was embarrassing on Graham Norton show. A good singer does not let you hear the intake of breath when singing.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delta wrote: »
    She's ignorant and pretty thick. She was embarrassing on Graham Norton show. A good singer does not let you hear the intake of breath when singing.

I didn't say she was a particularly good singer - but I like her music.

She may not be about to join Mensa but I like her feisty attitude and I'd rather read about her than some of the other bland non-entities cluttering up the charts.
  • deltadelta Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She may not be about to join Mensa but I like her feisty attitude and I'd rather read about her than some of the other bland non-entities cluttering up the charts.

Fair enough!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do have a bit of a history, I listened to Radio 1 most mornings while I was doing the house up and I remember Fearne saying Lily and he had not got on in the past over some issue or other, but when Lily came into the studio to prmote her comeback, they got on really well and whatever the issue was had been resolved...but now Lily was back to blanking her again which left Fearne baffled seeing as they had had a good natter about their children just weeks before.

No time for Lily Allen at all - she everything that's wrong with modern music, in fact. Spiteful, childish songs of a passive-agressive child that have been very well produced, that essence of nepotism and privilege that is decaying music..and her lastest tune is awful, overproduced, auto-tuned crap that belongs on some cartoon on Nickelodeon - awful. And that Keane cover was like listening to something at a school assembly. Fearne does seem to have a habit of being easily offended, mind.

Remember when music was about the art, not the artist and their hypocrisy, sense of entitlement and superiority and gobby mouths?
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's just trying to get back in the limelight another has been
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member

Surely liking her music is more just liking well produced songs? Its the hit maker Greg something that is the person responsible
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

I seriously dislike Lily Allen, horrible little madam >:(
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm team neither on this one - can't stand the pair of them.

Ferne Cotton is too desperate to prove she's down with the kids and comes across as rather embarrassing imo.
    Lily Allen seems to be a spoilt brat who is desperately needy for attention. She was totally out of her depth on GN last night and she did make me cringe
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    I would say though that her response to Katie Hopkins jibes about her was justified.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2563969/Fearne-Cotton-sparks-Twitter-spat-claiming-Lily-Allen-blanked-FIVE-times-BRIT-Awards.html

Twitter "spat" after Fearne claimed Lily snubbed her many times at the brit awards.She seems so likeable yet rubs many famous females up the wrong way -no pun intended

From that article it appears that Fearne made contact with her first on Twitter. Twitter's known for celebrities having arguments.
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of either of them.

But, what was stopping Fearne going up to Lily and saying hello. It works both ways. Childish spat.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Allen is the typical Middle Class kid desperately wanting to be Working Class. She was terrible for it when she first came out. I remember one particularly cringey moment where she dived in an Arctic Monkeys interview at T In The Park pretending to be pissed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mrCJHp4N3Y
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    One of my friends met her and said she was surprisingly amicable.

I don't give a toss about her personal life; only interested in her contribution to the music industry, because that's what she does for a living. She isn't the best of singers, but that doesn't mean to say I don't like her songs.

The Fear, 22 and Him IMO are brilliant.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sixtynine wrote: »
    Not a fan of either of them.

But, what was stopping Fearne going up to Lily and saying hello. It works both ways. Childish spat.

From the article, it appears that Fearne thought Lily should have come to her table and said hello. Like you say, why couldn't Fearne have went over and tried to make eye contact first and then say hello?