Options

P!nk signs new multi worldwide deal with RCA

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a555559/pink-signs-worldwide-multi-album-record-deal-with-rca-records.html

Thought it was a bit of a shock, i thought she would be taking a break from music. Does this mean shes going to get back in the studio soon?

Love her

Comments

• Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a555559/pink-signs-worldwide-multi-album-record-deal-with-rca-records.html

Thought it was a bit of a shock, i thought she would be taking a break from music. Does this mean shes going to get back in the studio soon?

Love her

doesnt mean that she will be recording soon, just that she has a new record deal.

hope its sooner rather than later though.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although this doesn't definitely mean she is working on a new album, there is rumours going about that she is mainly because she has been seen walking out of a recording studio [although again his doesn't definitely mean she is working on a new album]. Hope she is though. I don't wanna wait 4 years like it was between Funhouse and Truth About Love :D
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its that four year wait that enables her albums top be of such a high quality.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Maybe its that four year wait that enables her albums top be of such a high quality.

Her last album was awful!

- she needs to change it up a bit and stop going over the same ground.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awful? Subjective, I suppose. I thought it was one of her best.
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hogs Head wrote: »

Agree with hogs head. TTAL has the largest number of good songs on any pink album (to me). That doesn't mean it has the best songs, I think that goes to funhouse, but the number of songs I DON'T like from the album is minimal compared to others such as I'm not dead. I only listen to 4 songs from that whereas from TTAL I listen to all but where did the beat go, my signature move and here comes the weekend.

The great escape, timebomb, chaos and piss and try are gems, to name a few.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Not Dead is my favourite album from P!nk but I love all the rest too (apart from her early ones.) I certainly wouldn't say TTAL is awful! Far from it but everybody is different and there's no accounting for taste ( :p )

Anyway, great news about the multi-album deal. Rock on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »

I agree. Even after a year and a half I still love it as much as I did when it was released in September 2012!! its my favourite album of hers to date
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite P!nk album is Try This!, I loved the direction she headed with it. Sadly each album since has been filled with generic pop-rock.

She is immensely talented, there have been flashes of brilliance 'Sober', 'Glitter In The Air', 'How Come You're Not Here' etc but I just wish she'd change it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The truth about love was a good album, had a lot of gems. Solid record.

However not as good as funhouse, but pretty close.

Im sure she will change her sound but probably gonna be a small change, so no fuzzpop
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she's making the same album for the last few years..
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite P!nk album is Try This!, I loved the direction she headed with it. Sadly each album since has been filled with generic pop-rock.

She is immensely talented, there have been flashes of brilliance 'Sober', 'Glitter In The Air', 'How Come You're Not Here' etc but I just wish she'd change it up.

I think there are some brilliant songs on the try this album like love song, save my life, humble*neighbourhoods and last to know but I don't think Pink likes the album. She said in interviews since it was released how she just wrote songs and threw the album out for the record company who wanted to maximise on the popularity and sales of misundaztood
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Not Dead is much better. Am I the only one who loves Can't Take Me Home?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does she have to change things up, or go down a differet route? She has a fanbase who love what she does. She is no different from any other singer or band out there who are just doing what they do best. She is the most successful she has ever been. She would be mad to mess with something that clearly works for her and brings her that success. She is a singer/writer who is good at balancing fun, catchy pop songs, with more serious songs. For every Get The Party Started, So What or Blow Me One Last Kiss, there's Family Portrait, Glitter In The Air and Beam Me Up.

As for what her best album is, it's a tough one. I rate I'm Not Dead, Funhouse and The Truth About Love all highly, but I think I swing towards I'm Not Dead being her best. But then ask me tomorrow, and that answer could be different :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The four year gap between Funhouse and The Truth wasn't that bad. Between that did the GH with three new songs (two of which were huge hits) and plus she had a baby, recorded Happy feet 2 and did a live action film.

She toured Funhouse for like 2 years. She was well entitled to a break. Not all artists have the stamina to have an album out every year like One direction and tons of other artists.

While i agree her music does sound samey, her lyrics do show development and she always has something to say. She doesn't try to hard to create the best product going. She goes with the flow and does what she wants. Plus unlike a few pop females, she knows very well know how to sell an album worldwide. Truth, Funhouse and I'm not dead have each sold about 5-6 million copies each, perhaps more. She's clearly an artist the buying public invest in as a whole. The likes of Katy perry may have several number 1's to her name, more media coverage, a huge social media presence but Pink trumps her in more ways than one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Shelley, it gets boring and repetitive. A true artist's sound evolves and changes. Go listen to Kate Bush or Radiohead.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Because Shelley, it gets boring and repetitive. A true artist's sound evolves and changes. Go listen to Kate Bush or Radiohead.

It clearly isn't for a lot of people who buy her music though, that's my point. She's selling more albums now than she ever has. I don't want to liste to Kate Bush or Radiohead :confused: I just find it strange that these comments get thrown P!nk's way, when there are many, many singers and bands who stick to similar sounds throughout their careers. And she has evolved. She is hardly the same artist that came out with Can't Take Me Home.
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pinks a touring artist. Its where she is at her best, and i think she knows she has to comprimise and make pop music to be able to sell out tours.

she said she always wanted to be a rock star, but then she realized that was the 70s.

she has also said she wants to go and do an acoustic album in Nashville that is out the ordinary '3.5 minute songs' and write songs that wont be played on radio, she calls it her 'selfish record'. so she is just using the industry to get the benefits of being a successful touring artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are some brilliant songs on the try this album like love song, save my life, humble*neighbourhoods and last to know but I don't think Pink likes the album. She said in interviews since it was released how she just wrote songs and threw the album out for the record company who wanted to maximise on the popularity and sales of misundaztood

I did wonder this actually because I do remember it feeling like she abandoned TT completely and wasn't really interested in it at all. she only released 3 singles from it and the 3rd single 'Last to Know', the video was just footage of the concert. I notice more when I'm Not Dead came out that she was a lot more euthanistic when doing interview about it then she was when talking about Try This. I personally love the album
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would never have thought that she would still be around today if you asked me what i thought of her back in 2000, i cant believe she still has hit records yet your hyped up divas from back then Britney/Christina cant even get arrested nowadays! Not her biggest fan but i really appreciate her and her style and she has made some bloody first class singles. I have a lot of respect for Pink as an entertainer/musician.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As much as i am a massive fan of i have to agree with this, her last album was shite IMO, i did like try & JGMAR but the rest wasn`t really for me
    her repetitive sound is also boring me a little now, her last few albums have a similar pattern of singles.
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Not Dead is much better. Am I the only one who loves Can't Take Me Home?

No, I love can't take me home. I still listen to it most days. I love pink's 'swagger' and presence in the there you go video. But when I watch videos from this era, I now that it wasn't really her. Even her speaking voice sounds put on. But then again she was only 19/20.

Missundaztood has a few gems too: family portrait, don't let me get me and the beautiful and underrated EVENTUALLY. Do you know what I'm not a fan of though? Just like a pill :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss her already, hope she gets back in the studio soon
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    I miss her already, hope she gets back in the studio soon

From what I've heard, she has been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've heard, she has been.

Oh really! Where you heard that from? Source?