Options

Jihadist plot to take over Britain's schools'

AdsAds Posts: 37,062
Forum Member
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jihadist-plot-take-over-birmingham-6782881

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575759/Revealed-Islamist-plot-dubbed-Trojan-Horse-string-schools-Birmingham-self-styled-Jihad.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

My mouth did drop a bit at reading this. Talk about enemy within.

I think moderate Muslims (and despite the scare stories a lot of Muslims are proud to be part of the UK and earning their way here) in the UK do need to become better organised at opposing stuff like this - its so divisive for community relations.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    i would add a simple way to stop this shit would to be to take religions out of school altogether. kids need to learn about science, maths, English and engage in PE - its a waste of vital education time singing hymns and learning about religious claptrap.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another reason to get rid of religious schools.
  • Options
    Pallas_athenaPallas_athena Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Its a lot deeper than this article displays. The usual suspects who attack those who question islam in the uk are to blame sadly - from the BBC:

Analysis

Although the authorities have been aware of the alleged plot since November, the details have only become public now thanks to the letter which has been widely leaked.

We still don't know whether it's genuine or a fake, but that's one of the questions the city council is attempting to answer with its investigation.

It's clearly a sensitive subject and there will be great concerns about the effect on what the authorities euphemistically call "community cohesion".

Finding anyone who is directly involved and prepared to go on the record has also proved difficult.

No-one wants to be called an "Islamaphobe" or a racist, nor do they wish to be labelled a right wing conspiracy theorist.

There's also a sense of fear among potential whistleblowers that speaking publicly will mean an end to their careers.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely it would be a lot easer just to set up Islamic 'Free Schools' ?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Interesting story this.

Be interesting to see if it's true.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rearrange these words to make a sentence.

Smoke, fire, without, no.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    i would add a simple way to stop this shit would to be to take religions out of school altogether. kids need to learn about science, maths, English and engage in PE - its a waste of vital education time singing hymns and learning about religious claptrap.

I believe religion has a place in schools but along with history and geography as a subject to view with a critical eye rather than to elevate onto some pedestal.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »

I agree with these two and can't understand why we encourage brainwashing of children into any religion before they are old enough to make their own informed opinion on the matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I believe religion has a place in schools but along with history and geography as a subject to view with a critical eye rather than to elevate onto some pedestal.

I think there is no harm in teaching kids the basis of the world's religions - an hour on each one is enough. Then teach them something that will help them get jobs.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is no harm in teaching kids the basis of the world's religions - an hour on each one is enough. Then teach them something that will help them get jobs.

Absolutely, religion is after all part of our world so we should educate on the different types, the good and the bad. The basis of the education should then be for the adults of tomorrow to be able to make their own informed choice then as they see fit.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Jihadist plot to take over Britain's schools'

or

'Small group of extremists attempt to take over a few schools in Birmingham, but are rumbled'
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »

or

'Small group of extremists attempt to take over a few schools in Birmingham, but are rumbled'

Hmmm me thinks you wouldn't be so blasé if it were a Christian 'plot', but carry on...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Hmmm me thinks you wouldn't be so blasé if it were a Christian 'plot', but carry on...

I'm not 'blase' about it, but the title of this thread is hilariously sensational.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not 'blase' about it, but the title of this thread is hilariously sensational.

Sensationalist as in like the numerous 'UKIP' & 'Farage' sensationalist threads on here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Sensationalist as in like the numerous 'UKIP' & 'Farage' sensationalist threads on here?

Er, I.. guess?

I don't really know what you mean, but okay.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I simply posted the headline from the story in the Birmingham Mail, a respected local newspaper.

Why don't you discuss the actual story rather that deflecting from the issues?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

or

Attempt?

When a headteacher has been forced to resign, another head and deputy are having the complaints they made about fraud ( which led to them leaving) reopened in light of this new information?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, we wouldn't want you to become disillusioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply posted the headline from the story in the Birmingham Mail, a respected local newspaper.

Why don't you discuss the actual story rather that deflecting from the issues?

The title is a part of the story :)
    Attempt?

When a headteacher has been forced to resign, another head and deputy are having the complaints they made about fraud ( which led to them leaving) reopened in light of this new information?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, we wouldn't want you to become disillusioned.

The fact it's all come out though means it's hardly going to be much of a danger now...
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

Well I went to what is apparently a CofE state school, never did I feel it was anyway religious, we had RE where we covered all different religions and learned the basics of each one ( which I think all kids should do )

I don't have a problem with religious schools on that level and if the story is true then this had nothing to do with the existing shools religious status and everything to do with extremists and surely if there plan was to have people sympathetic to them in the school it would not matter what the school was.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Well I went to what is apparently a CofE state school, never did I feel it was anyway religious, we had RE where we covered all different religions and learned the basics of each one ( which I think all kids should do )

I don't have a problem with religious schools on that level and if the story is true then this had nothing to do with the existing shools religious status and everything to do with extremists and surely if there plan was to have people sympathetic to them in the school it would not matter what the school was.

I went to a CofE school as well and the lessons were fine but we still had to sometimes pray and stuff in assembly which looking back on i don't think children should have to do.
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jihadist-plot-take-over-birmingham-6782881

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575759/Revealed-Islamist-plot-dubbed-Trojan-Horse-string-schools-Birmingham-self-styled-Jihad.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I think moderate Muslims (and despite the scare stories a lot of Muslims are proud to be part of the UK and earning their way here) in the UK do need to become better organised at opposing stuff like this - its so divisive for community relations.
    Yes, I'm sure all 18,000 schools in the country will be under sh'aria within a year....NOT

You just need to see that it's a story from the Daily Wail - not even worth wasting a single byte of bandwidth on.

Next week "Your wife in a burqa by THIS TIME next month (house price crash, immigrants flood in)"
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    riceuten wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure all 18,000 schools in the country will be under sh'aria within a year....NOT

You just need to see that it's a story from the Daily Wail - not even worth wasting a single byte of bandwidth on.

Read it at your beloved BBC then, I'm sure you have plenty of bandwidth available for them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26482599
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    We will never be free of this type of insidious intention until every religion is completely barred from being involved in state education.

The setting up of free schools and faith schools was bound to lead to this sort of thing.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm from N Ireland.
    We need to look at what segregated schools led to here.
    Well, part of our story.

All schools should be integrated.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

If genuine this is worrying however the evidence of any plot by Muslim fundamentalists to take over Birmingham schools is week to say the least. The evidence is apparently a "leaked" letter and nothing more.

A sceptic would also point to these parts of the Birmingham mail article:
    Meanwhile, police have confirmed to the Birmingham Mail that a fraud investigation has been reopened at Adderley Primary School after the documents came to light. It is understood the investigation centres on allegations of ‘faked’ resignation letters.
    The documents claim former Saltley headmaster Balwant Bains would ‘soon be sacked’. In fact, the much respected principal resigned last November after a damning Ofsted report criticised his “dysfunctional” relationship with governors.
    The long-serving and respected teacher and her deputy, Michelle McCusker, resigned in October after education chiefs scrapped the primary school’s SATs results following cheating allegations.

Now of course this could all be the result of an alleged Jihadist plot detailed in a "leaked" letter or it could be a diversion from some of the clear failings of the schools or individuals detailed above.