Options

No signal Foxsat Hdr

Apologise if this is covered elsewhere I have looked but there is so much information it takes a lot of reading. My Hdr stopped working a few weeks ago in the high winds. I reset the box to factory and since then it won't pickup any signal on Tuner 1. I have a sky box that I have connected in place of the hdr and that receives signal excellently. I have taken the Hdr to a friends and again no signal even after another reset. Going to channel 999 and diagnostic I am getting on tuner 2, 80% signal and 75% quality. Swopping the cables around I am getting 0%. On both tuners. To my way of thinking everything is pointing to tuner 1 being faulty, I have looked at the capacitors and they are all flat so maybe not blown?.
Would the Hdr not work at all if no signal to tuner 1 or should it work on tuner 2 and would it be easy to replace the tuner, the box has a 1gb hard drive so must be worth trying to save. Many thanks for any information.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without a signal to tuner 1 you would not have been able to carry out a factory reset.

Can you try this, connect a single cable to tuner 1 in (Note the centre connector is tuner 1 out not in), and do a factory reset. If you get past the postcode verification stage then shut down the box and replace the cable to tuner 1 with the other one. Does the box now boot up or report no signal ?

If this works connect both cables to tuner 1 in and tuner 2 in (make sure the centre connector has nothing connected). Repeat the reset all being well you should see a two cables found message.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for replying, I tried this many many times and kept getting the wizard and had to enter my postcode each time. The screen message was no or bad signal. After each reset with the cables connected to Lnb 1 and Lnb 2 never the center one the end message was only a single cable connected?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tx1oss wrote: »
    Many thanks for replying, I tried this many many times and kept getting the wizard and had to enter my postcode each time. The screen message was no or bad signal. After each reset with the cables connected to Lnb 1 and Lnb 2 never the center one the end message was only a single cable connected?

Can you use channel 999 ? If so with 999 being viewed what does diagnostics say your signal strength and quality is ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Signal strength on tuner 2 shows 75% Quality 80%. I have even see it at Signal Strength 90% and Quality 100%. Tuner 1 shows nothing even when I switch the cables around.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signal strength on tuner 2 shows 75% Quality 80%. I have even see it at Signal Strength 90% and Quality 100%. Tuner 1 shows nothing even when I switch the cables around.
    Thanks

Is that on channel 999 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes,sorry for not mentioning it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes,sorry for not mentioning it.

This is very puzzling.

Can you try tuning to BBC1 HD and press the record button. Now tune to Channel 4 HD and again press the record button. Now tune to BBC2 HD can you watch the channel and does live pause work ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can select channels, but every channel is not available due to the No or Bad Signal message. I tried what you suggested anyway. The result was no channel will record or is viewable due to the same message?.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone agree with me that it is probably a faulty tuner, I have gratefully followed Graham's instructions and not managed to get it working. Does Humax do any kind of deal on a faulty box if I was to buy a new one?